W10 and older driver's

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Donald Harteveld, Sep 28, 2020.

1. Donald Harteveld

Donald Harteveld Member

GPU:
    2x MSI 980GTX Game
    Hi , i want to go back to the situation where I can see my TWO 980GTX in Sli setup. So actually being able to turn on or of SLI in the NVidia configuration screen. Simple installing for example 418.91 will give a rejection because Windows can not work with this driver. Solution anyone??

2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    windows can work with that and all versions of drivers back to the release of windows 10, just fine.

3. DanielRX

DanielRX Member

GPU:
    RX Vega56/GTX1070
    n my situation it is the opposite, I have 2 different setups, the first with Intel 3570 and Radeon RX480, using windows 10 build 1903 and the driver 20.4.2 and the second setup is a Ryzen 5 1600 with an nvidia GTX1070 using the driver 460.20 WSL also with windows 10 build 1903, perfectly working both setups.

4. Donald Harteveld

Donald Harteveld Member

GPU:
    2x MSI 980GTX Game
    Installation software from Nvidia itself prohibit further install! It seems that Nvidia, deleted the profiles for older games in the new ones , but I cannot install these older driver's which hopefully still function. Do you have a solution??

5. Donald Harteveld

Donald Harteveld Member

GPU:
    2x MSI 980GTX Game
    See this screenshot. Using the Nvidia install program. Or do you have another way??

Attached Files:

6. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    delete DCHUVen from HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\nvlddmkm\ and the FTS entirely.

7. Donald Harteveld

Donald Harteveld Member

GPU:
    2x MSI 980GTX Game
    Ok Thanks, after this I can install any old driver?? Or it restores the SLI?

8. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    you shouldn't be having SLI issues on the new drivers, the support for hack based SLI only applies to the 3090.

check with @A M D BugBear

Donald Harteveld likes this.
  9. Donald Harteveld

Donald Harteveld Member

GPU:
    2x MSI 980GTX Game
    You are right up to a certain point, Nvidia claims it still supports SLI but they left out the older profiles in the latest drivers. I can not install old drivers for example 418.91 with the latest version of W10. There is no Configuration possibility in the Control panel(NVidia control panel) in all the new drivers setting and my games who are SLI capable are not using the second GPU simply because the profiles are not there anymore. That is my problem. So the hack will actually do no good. The two cards are being detected by Windows and all the other programs, like MSI afterburner, or even in NVidia control panel. But they cannot work together(SLI)without the SLI profiles.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2020
  10. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    the sli profiles definitely haven't been removed., im lookin at them as we speak.

11. Donald Harteveld

Donald Harteveld Member

GPU:
    2x MSI 980GTX Game
    Old and new situation where in old (first one) there is an SLI option , and in new it is gone

. Schermopname (30)_LI.jpg Schermopname (19)_LI.jpg

12. Donald Harteveld

Donald Harteveld Member

GPU:
    2x MSI 980GTX Game
    Also for Ghosts? i am not saying that there are no profiles at all, And the capability for turning off or on is gone , see my screenshots

13. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Could it be that your sli bridge has failed, or one of the pcie slots is not operating at atleast 8x.

Ghosts what?

14. Donald Harteveld

Donald Harteveld Member

GPU:
    2x MSI 980GTX Game
    SlI bridge could be an issue . PCI is not changed and is running at 8x4x4 as it was before with SLI!

15. A M D BugBear

A M D BugBear Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4 GTX 970-Quad Sli
    Question, Ever tried using DDU in safe mode then re-install drivers?

I believe I had this issue with certain/specific drivers in the past, where no profiles would show up, but I mainly use the quadro drivers, never really use the others.

I think there was a time that my sli option wasn't even there, it was a very rare occurrence.

Try DDU in safe mode, Try installing another drivers other then the one your using, then retry sli again.

EDIT: That could be too as well, your sli bridge connector, I know mine was having problems at one time as my 4 cards were using round spacers to space each card out to breath better, some portion of the sli bridge connector became a lil loose and was not working properly, now it is cause I have several spares handy.

16. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2020
  17. Donald Harteveld

Donald Harteveld Member

GPU:
    2x MSI 980GTX Game
    Thanks, the DDU in safe mode also could be an answer. Wiil try the original SLI bridge , still in plastic and then the safe mode. Nvidia is also very baffled by this problem. I will let you know what worked or not. Thanks , see you after the break!! 20200929_203701.jpg 20200930_143523.jpg

18. A M D BugBear

A M D BugBear Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4 GTX 970-Quad Sli
  19. Donald Harteveld

Donald Harteveld Member

GPU:
    2x MSI 980GTX Game
    Check !!!! You found the cause!! Had installed an PCI raiser with a SSD M2 in it in the third PCI slot , anyone needs a obsolete SSD M2 :confused::cool:

Thanks to you all, learned something today!!!!!!!!!! Have a nice day and STAY SAFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Attached Files: