w00t!!!!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by ST19AG_WGreymon, Nov 9, 2008.

1. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    LedHed everyone knows how good the 8 series GTX/Ultra cards are considering it's been plastered all over the forums over the last week or two..

Your points are valid, but you could have been a bit more tactful in your comments.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2008
  2. LedHed

LedHed Banned

GPU:
    BenQ FP241W
    I was talking about the G92 8 Series, as in the 8800GT and 8800 GTS 512mb.

The Nvidia naming scheme to the 9 Series was purely marketing and many people were pissed. Until the GT200 came out we had nothing from Nvidia except a name change from 8800GT/GTS to 9800GT/GTX. Now all they did was shrink the core to 55nm from 65nm, nothing ground breaking, but better than nothing. Overclockers will love this card, especially since it can be purchased right now for under $150 on NewEgg, so it truly is a mid-range card at this attractive price point. Gaming at 1600x1200 is priceless on these 128sp G92 55/65nm and it even does well at 1920x1200.

3. Martys Web

Martys Web Don Santino Corleone

GPU:
    XFX 7600gt
    LedHed I am going to tell you now to stop take a deep breath and DO NOT sturr up anymore trouble. Its easy to see people are very upset with you and if you were not trolling for trouble you would tell people sry it was a missunderstanding. If I see your name pop up to many times in a bad way I will give you a section ban.. This thread was fine untill you jumped in and started posting troll bait.

4. MOFO64

MOFO64 Banned

GPU:
    9800GTX+ & 8800GT softTH
    For starters no-one said anything about the 9800GTX+ being NEW tech. No-one is debating about whether they feel ripped off or how many alterations need to be carried out to a gpu to justify a name change.

The point is a new 9800GTX+ will deliver the same performance as an 8800GTX would and comes with a new guarentee, not some volt-modded burnt out relic off ebay. It runs cooler, overclocks more and has a longer shelf life.

Ofcourse users are gonna suggest the 9800GTX+ over the 8800GTX. It's only angered guys like yourself who dislike seeing guys buy new cards 6-12months later with the same performance you paid top whack for. I've seen plenty of you guys. True hardware enthusiasts who enjoy discussing tech don't get all emotional like that over gpu upgrades. Then the way you stroll into this thread preaching to everyone about memory bus bandwidth and so on......you need to wake up, lol

:stewpid:

Last edited: Nov 10, 2008

5. Slam

Slam Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070 XC
    Heck, not even the same peformance. I think with both cards to max oc, the 9800GTX+ would beat a 8800GTX in almost any game, up to a certain res at least anyway...where the bus/mem becomes a factor etc. But with the higher clocks, and improved compression in the G92's, they are great cards with only a 256bit bus.

6. MOFO64

MOFO64 Banned

GPU:
    9800GTX+ & 8800GT softTH
    Yeah, I agree. I just didn't wanna cause anymore arguments by saying so. :)

7. BlackZero

BlackZero Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX Vega
    I find it interesting that people are still comparing a 2 year old card to something released around 6 months ago, just shows how impressive the 8800GTX was and still is.

8. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    MOFO64, LedHed already got his warning. Do you want one, too? There's no reason to continue this argument with him.

9. chiefmasterjedi

chiefmasterjedi Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI 2xEVGA GTX260 core216
    Lets face it, does it really matter that one card is 1 or 2 FPS faster in a game? The real reason to have these over priced gadgets in the first place is to play games and/or multimedia content in such a manner that is pleasing to the eyes.

I'm sure the 9800 GTX+ you bought will serve you well for a long time and it is a nice feeling to have a high end graphics in your system for the first time. I remember when i bought 2 6600gt's and sli'ed for the first time, i thought that was the shiznit. I then got the 7800gtx shortly after it's release and then again with the 8800gtx. The 8800 was massive overkill in all games for a long time until Crysis came along, then i needed to buy another 8800. I would love to get the new gtx280 but i see no point right now as my cards are running everything fine and from previous upgrade experience you get the best bang for you buck if you wait 2 or 3 card generations. My next step will be the new i7 chip and Mobo then see what Nvidia has planned for next year.

Hope you enjoy your card.

10. kRze

kRze Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 280 SSC|24" Dell
    Im very happy with my 9800GTX+, it runs everything I throw at it maxed. With exceptions to Crysis. :p But what single card can handle that beast haha.

ST19AG_WGreymon, I think you will be very pleased.. happy gaming!

11. sirrith

sirrith Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5850 1GB
    I think to most people out there a 9800GTX+ is a high end card. (not to most people on this forum, but how realistic a representation of the total pc-owning populace do you think this forum is :D). Congratulations on your purchase, you'll definitly be happy with it coming from a 8600GT :) I know how happy I was when I got my 8800GT coming from a 6600GT!

12. ST19AG_WGreymon

ST19AG_WGreymon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 970 SC ACX 2.0
    Don't sweat it guys. Ledhed and the like were just trying to give some info, albeit in a bit rough manner. I'm still very excited for this card though. It's coming today via UPS from NewEgg's New Jersey warehouse as well as FarCry2 which came free with the card, but the game is being shipped from California and it might not be here until Thursday. The card is out for delivery at the moment but I'm still in class, it'll be another two hours before I get to hold my baby in my arms. Can't wait.

13. MOFO64

MOFO64 Banned

GPU:
    9800GTX+ & 8800GT softTH
    sorted :thumbup:

let us know how you get on :)

14. The Phoenix

The Phoenix Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3070

yeah the wait is killer,seems like forever ago even though ive only had the card 2 weeks lol,i couldnt wait to push the clocks, When i got home i waited about an hour before i started pushin the clocks an then off to the races, the card went flyin through everything but crysis lol,but a tweak here an a tweak there an even crysis is runnin smooth for me,this is one of the few times ive felt like ive gotten my moneys worth when it comes to pc hardware