VXG 71.24 Alpha Released

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA Modified Drivers' started by c0re, Jan 4, 2005.

1. Kianor

Kianor Guest

shiny textures on AZTEC map?

2. VDaishi

VDaishi Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 7800GT x2
    yeah i knew that you can go into the driver folder and get them off their. if people like the drivers they will register and post feedback.

3. gotkookie

gotkookie Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY Geforce 6800GT @ 360/1100
    These drivers are the best ive tried so far thanks daish :D

4. Pylor

Pylor Master Guru

GPU:
    Diamond 7970
    What do the tweaks enhance

to the makers of these drivers, great job, i like them, but i was wondering what these drivers target audience is, i know you said that they enhance iq and my tests show that they increase my fps in cs source, i was just wondering what you were trying affect the most iq or fps, and whether this was targeted for a certain game or directx version and who would have the most to gain from them over the regular 71.24 drivers.

5. c0re

c0re Guest

Re: What do the tweaks enhance

both my friend, both.

6. VDaishi

VDaishi Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 7800GT x2
    yes trying to increase performance without decreasing IQ and in most cases also increase IQ.

7. MrRand0m

MrRand0m Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5850
    I don't understand why ppl use modified drivers....

How can ppl do better then Nvidia? I mean, they know thier cards, they know thier drivers... who can claim to make a better driver without sacrificing IQ or something?

I know I don't know much about the process of modifying a driver, but apparantly there are 400 ppl alone writing windows drivers for nvidia. How can ppl claim to do a better job then them?

8. VDaishi

VDaishi Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 7800GT x2
    well tweaking does cause other problems sometimes thats why. nvidia has to get them as stable as possible no matter what performance so they will be slower. if your comp is in good shape and you use a good modified driver you should be in good shape. its the people who dont know about maintenance and such that be bsod from modified drivers most of the time. nvidia optimizes their driver for EVERY card that is supported we optimize the driver for specific cards like the 6x series optimizations that i have in my drivers and the FX drivers. which also increase performance greatly.

9. gotkookie

gotkookie Master Guru

GPU:
    Daishi hit on the head :)

10. TheGr81

TheGr81 Master Guru

GPU:
    Saphire Radeon HD 7870 OC
    Do these drivers fix the yellow water problem in HL2 that is present in the unmoded 71.24s?

11. zoomie

zoomie Member

GPU:
    ATI x1900xtx 6.9 beta drivers
    settings question

I've never been into modded drivers but I am always trying all the beta drivers that show up online. I think I'm helplessly addicted:rolleyes: . Is the intention with these drivers to use the default install settings or what? I have settings I'm used to but I don't want to "ruin" the "experience" with these. So far they kick a$$! Let me know your experiences. I'll post benchmarks if anyone wants them.(another addiction):rolleyes:

zoomie out

12. VDaishi

VDaishi Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 7800GT x2

they do not. still trying to figure out the problem with that. probably going to scrap the future development of these drivers.

13. MrRand0m

MrRand0m Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5850
    Ok - that sounds pretty logical!

My system is fairly well maintained, My hardware is of resonable quality - and I havea 5700FX. So I should get a good performance boost right?

14. VDaishi

VDaishi Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 7800GT x2
    you SHOULD but every system reacts differantly to each and every single driver :) you should try out the 71.20c drivers they are the newest but most stable drivers rite now 67.03's are good too but i would recommend the 71.20c's over them. the 71.24 has too many bugs.

15. gotkookie

gotkookie Master Guru

GPU:
    I actually haven't seen a bug yet with the 71.24s. Except for the WoW bug that all the 7xxx drivers are having.

16. VDaishi

VDaishi Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 7800GT x2
    also some yellow water in hl2 heh.

im starting to get used to this 6800 Ultra now ima have to get 2 6800 ultras in sli grrr :\ now if only 6800 ultras in pci express were available for a good price isntead of like 700

17. Gamtrulia

Gamtrulia Guest

I am still using a damn old GF3. (I swear I am gonna upgrade soon) Are there any IQ/performance improvement with the VXG? If so, which version is recommended?

18. VDaishi

VDaishi Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 7800GT x2
    for a gf3 i would probably try the 71.20c drivers first. post your findings here if it doesnt work out we will go from there.

19. Xmen2004

Xmen2004 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Geforce 7800 GT 256 MB SLI
    hey VDaishi wut if i change the mip level details with the riva turner ? Will that overide anything. Cuz i know with the starstorm drivers if you change the mip level details it resets the driver. Cuz i want to change it to -1 but i dont want to mess anythign up .. thanks

20. Presi

Presi Member Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 6800GT @ 420/1110
    No, the 67.02 is still faster on my FX5900.