1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VTX3D Radeon 6770 1 GB DDR5 problem

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Edo, Nov 19, 2011.

1. Edo

Edo Active Member

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X 3GB CU
    First of all hello to everyone.
    Now,I seem to have a problem with the VTX3D Radeon 6770(bought 3 months ago) while playing games.The problem is that while playing games I see these faint white waves that are especially visible when the picture on my LCD screen is darker.Now,I know that it's not game breaking or anything but I'm pretty sure that It's not a good sign either.At first I thought that this might be caused by overheating but the problem seems to persist whether the temperature under load is 65 or 85 degrees celsius (temperature measured with CPUID MonitorPro),So,If anyone would know what actually might be causing this I would be very much grateful.

2. EnemyOmen

EnemyOmen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX AMD HD6870
    how old is your monitor? LCD? Sounds like maybe your Monitor is dieing. Possibly could be your cord from your 6770 to the monitor too.

try changing the cord.

3. Edo

Edo Active Member

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X 3GB CU
    Thanks for the response.The monitor is 2 and a half years old and it's a Samsung SyncMaster 923nw 19".I forgot to mention that it's a VGA LCD monitor and not DVI.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2011
  4. amieneel

amieneel Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5770 + 240 GT PhysX
    it's not ur card problem, it sounds like power related problem, chk ur psu connectors and all power cables also.

5. Edo

Edo Active Member

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X 3GB CU
    I have checked them and they are working properly.I 'm not sure that it's not a card related problem since it is only happening while the card is under load(I do some have gaming).

6. Yadda

Yadda Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 780 @ 1200/6400
    I had the same problem after upgrading my graphics a few years ago. I was either upgrading to a x1950 or perhaps it was afterwards, when I upgraded to a 5770. Either way, it was before I got my first DVI monitor so was still using VGA/D-SUB. Changing the cable fixed it for me (I bought a fat one with a magnet "bulb" on the cable to reduce crosstalk. It did the trick).

7. Edo

Edo Active Member

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X 3GB CU
    The problem is gone!Cleaned and tightened the VGA cable and it all works perfectly now,Skyrim awaits :nerd:!