1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vpn recommendation

Discussion in 'Network questions and troubleshooting' started by Dragon14, Jan 29, 2019.

1. Dragon14

Dragon14 Member

GPU:
    Model
    Hello,
    Wanted to ask are you using VPN? If yes than which? I heard that free vpn's are worthless. I'm thinking to get a paid Vpn for one year because I'm going to travel a lot and want to secure my Internet. Any suggestions or recommendations?

Thanks !

2. Sabbath

Sabbath Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC
  3. Gabriele Coulson

Gabriele Coulson Member

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1060
    I use NordVPN and I haven't noticed any speed issues while browsing or watching streams. Also I don't think that ditching PayPal is a big issue, if you want anonymity you can just use cryptocurrencies. Ebay is also planning to drop PayPal so that has to mean something, right?

4. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    You may find this article to your liking: https://torrentfreak.com/vpn-services-keep-anonymous-2018/

I can only recommend Mullvad VPN from personal experience and their new GUI does make it much easier to access.

Unfortunately a lot of these VPN services are being abused by pirates (criminals); which means privacy minded people will suffer for it.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019

5. pimpernell

pimpernell Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080FTWdt
    I have used the lifetime of VPNUnlimited for many years now. Some do not trust them since they are US based, but i had no problems with them. (i am in another country, so they will not give out any logs) Have tested for DNS leaks and they are safe so far.
    My server run it constant.
    3 resons i use it; a) it is the one of the few with a lifetime license b) it have several torrent allowed servers around the world (3 in eu) and i get around 30-70mbps on those. (do not choke all my bandwidth, but enough speed for what i need). c) it works on all my devices, my phones, pc's and shield box. You get 5 devices on one license and can delete one each week, to free up devices.
    And it have setups for open vpn configurations to use with routers if you wish so,

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019 at 12:36 PM
  6. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    What's a good VPN that masks what your doing even at your ISP level?

.....asking for a friend.

7. pimpernell

pimpernell Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080FTWdt
    all vpn's only shows encrypted traffic to and from the vpn provider, and that is what the isp will see.

SerotoNiN likes this.
  8. allesclar

allesclar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    NordVPN, get a good priced VPN not this free rubbish you see.

SerotoNiN likes this.
  9. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    My friend says thanks lol. ;)