volume panel slow to open in Win 7

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by lysaer, May 5, 2010.

1. lysaer

lysaer Master Guru

GPU:
    4 x 780ti
    whenever i go to either sound in control panel or right click the speaker in the system tray to get my audio devices to show up it takes like 3-4 mins to open.

I've tried uninstalling all audio devices, re-installing, disabling, nothing seems to change it.

anyone else had this issue at all ?

2. DXX

DXX Master Guru

GPU:
    HD5850CF
    i have the same problem.I tried many thing but nothing solved the prob.I know for sure it is happening because of Catalyst driver.If u uninstall cat then it opens as it should.Try it to check it out.

3. deltatux

deltatux Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    I don't see the issue, the only issue I get is that sometimes my machine would be slightly unstable and then it would just fail to open the volume mixer at all so a simple reboot will fix the issue and I do have a Radeon HD card so I can say that Catalyst doesn't cause any problems.

deltatux

4. lysaer

lysaer Master Guru

GPU:
    4 x 780ti
    issue is that it sometimes takes about 3-5 minutes for sound panel to open which is an age if you need to switch quickly, like hop on vent or something.

managed to fix it, disable the ati hdmi driver in Device manager, not from the sound controller.

5. DXX

DXX Master Guru

GPU:
    HD5850CF
    It seems it fixed for me too.

6. lysaer

lysaer Master Guru

GPU:
    4 x 780ti
    nice, it might be a bug with the new drivers, was gonna see if any of the older drivers from ati had a diff version number and test it out.