VIVO and Flashing bios not working

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by chris454, Jan 21, 2004.

1. funkymonkey

funkymonkey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF 6600GT/ 6800GT went for RMA
    well its simple.
    Just hook up your GFX card to tv and see if you are getting tv output. Also if you have a Sony Handicam or digicam that supports S-video out then you can test video in using that.

2. Mariachi

Mariachi Active Member

GPU:
    CF ATI 5850 @ stock
    With my leadtek A350 TDH My VIVO i've jused this bios: ftp://gainward-ftp.de/lan/nvidia/bios/geforcefx/fx5950ultra/32003800.zip The result is that it has tv out!!!!!!The weird thing is that win xp recognizes it as a FX5900, but if you juse hardpage to see the clock frequenties it's running 475/950. 3dmark went from 5150 to 5550. Aquamark was the same, about 40.000. Hope some people can benefit from this.

3. SilentBomber

SilentBomber Guest

hhmmmm..... can any one else verify this??

4. Green_I

Green_I Guest

How can I edit values od gpu and memory frequency in X-Bios Editor (5950 bios) because when I try to read bios from meomory -- "Bad PCI Header" and I can't open it ??

5. Chouji

Chouji Guest

GPU:
    19 inch flat screen
    no you cant, just OC with coolbits or rivatuner.

xbios isnt made for 5950, only way to do it is to hex edit. sorry chief

6. Paradigm

Paradigm Guest

GPU:
    XFX 8800GT Alpha Dog
    Dudes i have the same prob. but the difference is it is a A360TDH aka FX5700 i got a bios off the website which was a zipped collection of the PAL and NTSC 128 and 256 MB ram versions of the card (5700) but i checked it via the winfox utility (thankfully) and got the same "subvendor id" error thing.......i was wondering could it be that since the card is using an integrated VIVO controller (that is what it says in the adapter window)

well the winfox wouldn't let me flash but i could still do it via the DOS, and it sez' on the website that the bios has been designed to correct the issue of TV out....should i go for it, cuz if i did our country does not sport the tech support or the brains to know what went wrong and don't RMA products very easily..i have ben flashing bios's so idon't worry but i do want all the kinks sorted out

Thanx in advance

7. General Lee

General Lee High-tech Redneck

GPU:
    Galaxy GTX 650tiBOOST 2GB
    Thanks Advice2k3, I was about to post a link to that very thread...even though it's probably disappeared off the boards, you can still access it I think. Anyways, that's the trick of it, either flash the BIOS till you find one that has VIVO working, or try changing the sub-vendor ID. I haven't heard of anyone trying this, but could someone keep changing the sub-vendor ID over and over, searching for one that fixes the VIVO? There isn't any chance that this might corrupt the BIOS or anything is there? I wouldn't think so, but like I said, I haven't heard of anyone trying this. I mean, people have tried all sorts of BIOS ROMs with all sorts of different 5900s, and these all have many different VIVO IDs, so I wouldn't think this would be too dangerous...any problems, just re-flash.