Vivid Gaming Display Color Enhancement for CGN cards???

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by MathePro, Apr 21, 2021.

1. MathePro

MathePro New Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte R7 260X 2Gb
    There's any way to enable this new Vivid Gaming Display Color Enhancement feature for CGN Cards like RX580?

2. The Creator

The Creator Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Hellhound 7900XT
    What does it actually do? What's the difference with "Custom Color -> Saturation"? They both affect games and desktop the same way (visually).

3. MathePro

MathePro New Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte R7 260X 2Gb
    Well, just someone with a new Radeon Series card can answer that, but its like the vibrancy thing from Nvidia but with adjust for color deficient people.

4. MathePro

MathePro New Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte R7 260X 2Gb
    [​IMG]
    Here, it appears on display settings.

Nopa likes this.

5. The Creator

The Creator Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Hellhound 7900XT
    I know where it is (I have 6800XT). But I wonder what does it do because we have custom colour where we can change the saturation for years. What's new now?!?

6. knightriot

knightriot Member

GPU:
    16GB
    i tried and may be it auto balance color lol

7. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC

Nopa likes this.
  8. primetime^

primetime^ Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX Vega 64
    eventually well get it im sure.......im waiting myself cause i kinda like the idea

9. Nopa

Nopa Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 & RX 580
    Have you test the mode yet? what it actually do compare to when disable?

10. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    That's not an enhancement, it just rise saturation and lower contrast a bit to make things looking worst like on a '2000s uncalibrated bad screen.

Truder likes this.

11. Nopa

Nopa Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 & RX 580
    Couldn't compare and see it myself. With RX 580, DCE: Vivid Gaming option doesn't appear in Adrenalin. Don't know why AMD strangely locked this mode for RDNA 1-2 and some Laptop users.

12. Truder

Truder Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700XT Nitro+
    The option reminds me of the Nvidia setting "Digital Vibrance" just makes everything overly saturated and fake. More like Vivid puke.

13. Trunks0

Trunks0 Maha Guru

GPU:
    PC RedDevil 7900XTX
    It is exactly the same as Digital Vibrance only you don't get a slider.

Vibrance controls boosts the less prominent colours in an image. So it prevents over saturation like you get if you just boost regular colour saturation settings. I often adjust vibrance when doing photo editing. So features like this have it's place, but I rarely use it personally in games.

ATi has had an option to turn this off/on over the decades as well. It's come and gone multiple times over the years.

14. opbush

opbush Active Member

GPU:
    If you want something similar to nvidia's digital vibrance, then increase the saturation in the custom color tab.

15. Reclusive781

Reclusive781 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700(non-xt)
    I just found out it's meant for HDR and maybe wide gamut displays(Idk, even though I have an HDR display it's 300 nits and does 99% of the sRGB space). I was fiddling around in Adrenalin and came back across this setting I wanted to know how it would effect my new HDR display. Works just fine, screen is still nicely calibrated, proper saturation boost, and overall contrast and brightness is slighty better looking. To help explain it more simply, it looks more just like a saturation boost on an HDR display then all sorts of f*** up like it does on an SDR display. It just doesn't display or work well on SDR screens.

*EDIT*

I put the vibrancy back to 100 under custom color. Vivid gaming gives a good enough saturation boost without overdoing it.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2023