Vive Lighthouse Question

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by F1refly, Aug 14, 2016.

1. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    Is this thing supposed to sleep or does it stay on constantly? I noticed late in the night, the green light and channel number was still on, I could see the lasers on as well and the box was vibrating and quite warm to the touch...shouldn't it go into standby or something? Otherwise the lights are quite annoying in a dark room.

I know the headset shuts off after so long....also what is the purpose of that button on the headset next to the led light? It doesn't seem to do anything.

2. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    Anyone?
    I'm also encountering a ton of other odd issues that just kept getting worse as time went on today. At some point my VR Room became upside down. The Back to Dinosaur Island demo's, both of them only launch in desktop mode but nothing in VR. Sometimes I launch a game and nothing happens in my headset but is running in the desktop.
    Then all of a sudden, now when I click VR mode in Steam, CDF Starfighter automatically launches...but not every single time it seems. I also cannot exit the game in VR, I have to exit out of VR mode.
    Also it tells me that some VR games are not VR games and will run in desktop? ....wtf is this $900 crap anyway?

3. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Hi there

I don't have HTC Vive,but regarding the standby mode,I think you can enable standby mode,but some people do have issue with this,but here is it,how to set standby

[​IMG]

The only drawback is that, when you're ready to play again, it can take a minute or two for the Lighthouse stations to power up and start tracking. If you'd rather leave this setting off, you'll be able to play immediately – and we doubt there will be any real harm done to your power bill or the trackers' longevity

Regarding that game,did you calibrated the HTC Vive,I think few people have their issues with tracking,like they been under the floor etc,I would suspect this can be the yours problem

Hope this helps and good luck there

Thanks,Jura

Last edited: Aug 15, 2016
  4. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    Ok, that solves the lighthouse hting...I just wanted to make sure they were doing as intended. As for the rest of issues, yes it's calibrated and I have no issues with tracking.
    Actually I have done the entire setup process about 4 seperate times now and I think it just keeps getting worse.

Only thing I know to do is reformat everything and start from scratch but if I end up with same problems again I'd probably lose my cool real quick like.

5. jura11

jura11 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 NvLink
    Hi there

This The Back to Dinosaur Island is sadly only for Oculus,if games are not for Vive then I think they will run only in desktop mode..

If you want to play games which are for Oculus on Vive I would have look on cross compiler something like this

https://github.com/LibreVR/Revive

And regarding other issues,hope you will sort this

Thanks,Jura

6. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    lol, ha I feel retarded. didn't realize it was Oculus only. Hell of a thing to have on Steam store.
    Anyway, I did a reformat of Windows so maybe I'll have a smoother experience now.