1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vista x64 + 174.70 ForceWare bug?

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by escalibur, Mar 25, 2008.

  1. escalibur

    escalibur Member

    Messages:
    39
    Likes Received:
    0
    GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti STRIX (soon)
    Hello

    I can't open new thread in the advanced section of this app so I will report this thing here:

    When i try to select Target adapter in RivaTuner 2.08 in Vista Business 64bit with my 8800 GTS 512MB and the 174.70 beta ForceWare drivers (without modified inf) i got this crash message from my Windows:

    Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: RivaTuner.exe
    Application Version: 2.8.0.0
    Application Timestamp: 47d41ca9
    Fault Module Name: StackHash_fd00
    Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
    Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 00000001
    OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.6
    Locale ID: 1035
    Additional Information 1: fd00
    Additional Information 2: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
    Additional Information 3: fd00
    Additional Information 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160


    Is this bug in the Riva on somewhere else?
     
  2. Qbert71

    Qbert71 Member

    Messages:
    18
    Likes Received:
    0
    GPU:
    8800 GTS 640 @ 621/999
    Hi all,

    I got an APPCRASH too but only after installing Vista SP1 for 32bit Premium (everything was working fine before). My situation is a bit different though, I only get the APPCRASH once I try to load the statistics server in game via a mapped key (or if the server is loaded before I start the a game, the game crashes at start).

    Now granted, I have not updated RivaTuner to the latest version (currently have 2.04) and have Forceware 163.xx drivers because everything was humming along just fine (all my fan profiles and OC settings, etc.) but now I have this issue and cannot play any games and have the statistics server running at the same time (thus no OSD in game which I really like).

    I did a search and this is the only thread I could find that mentions an APPCRASH so I posted here.

    My questions:

    1. Is there anything I can do to fix this issue without updating RivaTuner/Forceware driver at this time?

    2. Is the problem related to Fault Module Name D3D9.dll?

    I am not the most techy person so if someone can point me in the right direction I would highly appreciate it (and please don’t just say updated RivaTuner/Forceware driver unless that is the only solution) Thanks in advance and yes….RivaTuner is a piece of art, I cannot live w/o it Unwinder!!

    Below are two of the error messages I got (only when the statistics server was running):

    Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: Oblivion.exe
    Application Version: 1.2.0.416
    Application Timestamp: 462392c7
    Fault Module Name: D3D9.DLL
    Fault Module Version: 6.0.6001.18000
    Fault Module Timestamp: 4791a65d
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 00007288
    OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: 2ccd
    Additional Information 2: b7a25245ecd6b36b9d66fa98ae9b5ff2
    Additional Information 3: 76df
    Additional Information 4: 28d43f286554e99dc5f4c3e1ba865179

    Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: galciv2.exe
    Application Version: 1.0.0.1
    Application Timestamp: 453d37bb
    Fault Module Name: d3d9.dll
    Fault Module Version: 6.0.6001.18000
    Fault Module Timestamp: 4791a65d
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 0004fc1f
    OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: 94e5
    Additional Information 2: 6222c20dcea2dddc948ec4b270c90741
    Additional Information 3: 9e7b
    Additional Information 4: 248564eff7c3e89fad418ead0530e791
     
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2008

Share This Page