Vista SP1 this year already

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Guru3D News, Jan 24, 2007.

1. Guru3D News

Guru3D News Ancient Guru

Painful ... so painful .. I have to tell you here at Guru3D we have been working with Vista for quite a while already. I prepped one graphics card test system and two main working PC with Vista Business...

More...

2. xpl

xpl Guest

Heh, already full of bugs :D:D

3. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    hmm well i can't say that i'm surprised so i just sit and say "wow that happened well better earlier rather than never", Vista is so sucks and i really hope it will be better but mucho mujer after that SP1.

4. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    uuh.... from what i've heard, Vista SP1 will mostly be to add features that didn't make the RTM cut in time.... such as a more powerful version of the command line interface. don't think it's going to be a boatload of bug fixes. lots of places are already saying it's a more stable OS than XP currently is.

5. JACK4HIRE

JACK4HIRE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Mobility Radeon 5870
    It's a Microsoft product why is anyone surprised? Hopefully it actually fixes things instead of making more problems like SP1 did for XP. :rolleyes:

6. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    gun4hire: you mean like 80% of patches ever released by Valve?

7. JACK4HIRE

JACK4HIRE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Mobility Radeon 5870
    ...or EA?

8. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    eeh... i think Valve's done more "post-patch f*ckups" than EA has. look at HL2DM. they only touched that for like one month after they released it, then forgot about it damn near completely.... leaving it still rather buggy. the FiOS tournament comes up.... Valve's like "oh sh*t.... this is in nowhere near good shape for a tournament....". they patch it.... and causes more problems than they fixed. even into the tournament they didn't have it working quite right, which cause delays here and there.

9. Finchwizard

Finchwizard Don Apple

GPU:
    -
    Service Packs are mainly supposed to add security fixes and other little bug fixes.

Not so much to introduce more and more features from things they left out.

Lets bloat up Vista some more hey, what a great idea.

I don't understand how they can release a Service Pack so early, Service Packs are supposed to fix things that people are having problems with, it seems too early to release one.

Looks like I'll have to start recommending Vista after Service Pack 2 =P

10. W@w@Y

W@w@Y Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Strix 4080
    yeah, actually, the fact that the patch is on the works (or is it done already?) shows that this wont be much of a fix for whatever problems vista has...howd they know what to fix if they havent gotten much public feedback yet?

11. nm+

nm+ Don Cappuccino

GPU:
    old
    ACtually, maybe thats why the released it. Too many people wait til the 1st service pack ;)

12. NvidiaFreak

NvidiaFreak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 7660D
    because like someone said they did not add the suff they want to add in the RTM in time. like SP 2, they add a pop up blocker and firewall which was not in xp but later got add into it.

13. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    it says it in the 2nd and 3rd paragraphs of the link that was posted in the first post: