Vista drivers 100.59 out now

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by yodastudios, Feb 1, 2007.

1. marcocom

marcocom Member Guru

GPU:
    BFG 7950 GX2
    its actually not that bad! lol. i have to commend this thing, its not less than a fine 7950GT 512MB when running with one-hand tied behind its back.

im using it in Falcon4 and LOMAC, BF2142, and IL2 (DX7, DX8, DX9, OpenGL) really smooth at around 56fps ingame.

but i will admit, im running only 4x AA and 8xAF at 1600, since the card deserves some load-lessening.

i bought this card because of this. i always buy the last card of the generation. just when everyone is buying the new gen, driving my price down, and usually running head-first into bugs from a non-matured chip.

2. HTF

HTF Member Guru

GPU:
    7900 GTO 700/1600
    I am also having this problem. :(

3. Jhayman

Jhayman Member Guru

GPU:
    2 Sapphire 4850 in Crossfire
    Thanks dude..
    That worked for me, I was not having black video problem though, I was having slow video playback on different video files..
    Since installing the k-lite codec pack the video that gave me trouble, are now playing fine..:grad:

4. Waylander

Waylander Guest

No SLI on 7*** = Vista staying in the box...

Sticking with XP until there's a stable 64bit Driver that supports SLI...

5. FadeToBlack

FadeToBlack Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS/7600 GS/256 MB
    Maybe you should all try to install the drivers the clean way, using DriverCleaner. This way maybe you will not get stupid problems :).

6. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    Kinda off topic a bit..but I have to know before I format and load...and load etc.. Use these drivers or even others with Vista.. what Chipset drivers are you guys using and then someone give me a link for the love of God to the drivers with Vista for my sound card. I'm only concerned that if I do this to my gaming rig I'll be able to play BF2 with no major "lack of sound" issues or whatever once its said and done. The drivers for the graphics card isn't important at the moment since Nvidia is doing a good job so far on dropping new ones to fix issues so they are on top of it. I'm just highly concerned over those chipset drivers mostly having a Very good Beta or a Official set along with being able to use my sound card like I am now.

7. FadeToBlack

FadeToBlack Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS/7600 GS/256 MB
    I'm using a AGP 7600GS and I haven't got either of those guys problems, but I used Driver Cleaner.
    The screen is "blinking" when I enter Control Panel :).
    When I want to go to "Adjust video color settings" the CP stops responding.

8. janos666

janos666 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 10Gb
    I get high 3DMark score with this driver (better then XP) but Counter-Stike source is unplayable. (high latency, low FPS)

9. iliveonthemoon

iliveonthemoon Member

GPU:
    OCZ 8800GTX 768MB GDDR3 PCI-E
    nvidia can go shove their gpu's up their highny. I've had it with 'em. Can't believe they would prioritise SLi for 8800 series over 6, 7 series. Who is gonna need it more, when 1 8800 GTX is far superior than 2 of my cards (7600GT's) in SLi.

just goes to show, the more dosh you have the more important you are. the 8800 series owners (can't see why anyone would need 2 8800gtx's yet) get nvidia's priority. whereas anyone who hasn't mindlessly spent £££££ with nvidia in the last 3 months can take a run and jump.

anyway, rant over. I'm off to find myself a nice deal with ATi. so long nvidia!

10. janos666

janos666 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 10Gb
    Every company do this. Creative Alchemic beta available only for X-fi users. I have only an Audigy 4. This card is ~60$ (but it was more when I bought it...), and an X-fi Extrem Music is ~90$ now. X-fi has better support because this is more expensive and subsequent product.

11. GX-BadAngeL

GX-BadAngeL Member

GPU:
    7970 WC
    "does not work on the “Video & Television‐>Adjust Video Color
    Settings” page"

Bull****, still not work (nvcplui.exe stop working StackHash_366b) :\ damn :\
    Gothic 3 still BSOD :\ damn :\
    TV-Out still B/W :\ damn :\

what a hell they doing there? some cofe or aghhh nevermind.. :\\\
    nvidia disappointment me :\

12. heslo

heslo Member

GPU:
    nVidia GeForce GTX970
    Just installed these, still can't get Dawn Of War to work. Comes up with an error message saying my video card isn't capable of hardware T&L which is rubbish. While these drivers are a step in the right direction, they DEFINITELY need more work

13. Malak

Malak Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Ati 4870 X2 2gb
    I would check IQ and settings very carefully because that kind of jump is unheard of.

14. Hog54

Hog54 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Tuf RTX 3070
    I cant believe they would put out drivers that half the stuff in them dont even work?No overclocking,no fan moitor,no temp,digital vibrance still cant be shut off,most games run like im using a tnt card.

15. Baleur

Baleur Master Guru

GPU:
    Gainward 8800GTS 640mb
    Can someone with a 8800 PLEASE tell me if Digial Vibrance is working in this driver as opposed to every other Vista 8800 driver???
    (or Digital Vibration as its called in the swedish version :D )

Thanks, appreciate it :)

16. Vault5ChOnG

Vault5ChOnG Member

GPU:
    BFG 8800GTX
    When i installed any new nvidia drivers on vista, everything goes along nice starts installing components etc the green bar is loading up, then screen goes black. I waited just incase its same as xp where the screen flickers black sometimes when detecting new device but vista it just stays black, i do hear a sound tho, like when it has detected something. I need to reboot but after doing so the new drivers seem to be installed.

Anyone else getting this problem?

How i install:

Go to uninstalled program, uninstall nvidia drivers, reboot then when it loads up it gives me dll errors. i install new drivers then all the above happpens and need to reboot.

Ive always installed my drivers like this and had no problem before.(xp anyways).

What is the prefered method of installing/uninstalling drivers in vista?(without driver cleaner).

17. michael06096

michael06096 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTX

The install base for 6/7 geforce cards is a bajillion times larger than 8800 owners... with as long as this os has been in development they should have had a proper driver.. my next purchase might be ATI.. and ive been with nvidia since geforce 1..with as much as they pumped SLI and to not support it is a fricken crime..I dont like being fisted dry with a hand full of sand.. most days..

18. =TAW=Maximus

=TAW=Maximus Member

GPU:
    2 SLI XFXforce XXX 8800GTX
    Bug in .59

I was unable to run Ghost Recon AW with Vista x64 100.59 drivers until I changed my "quality" setting from Quality to High Quality. This automatically disabled Tri Optimize and maybe some others and problem solved. This, for some reason, fixed one or two other problems with video rendering.

Maybe something to this....dunno?

Max

19. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    I'd like to know this as well, for some reason mine is grayed out, though i think it was fine in 100.54s.

20. Baleur

Baleur Master Guru

GPU:
    Gainward 8800GTS 640mb
    Didnt work on ANY 100 drivers for vista and the 8800 at all for me, so far. Still waiting :p