Vista: "Display Driver nvlddmkm stopped responding, has successfully recovered"

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by NeoElNino, Jun 30, 2007.

1. ocgbargas

ocgbargas New Member

GPU:
    zotac gtx 260
    That's what I did and have not a working, moving in and ccleaner driversweeper after uninstalling drivers test-mode failures

2. MLuppov

MLuppov Member

GPU:
    ASUS ENGTS250DK TOP 512Mb
    Of ****'n course!:nerd: This driver (190.38) was installed on clean and fresh Windows (just installed). It was reinstalled after complete cleaning of system from GeForce display drivers. No luck. Rolled back to 186.18. All this crap disappeared. Rolled back on my second PC too. Problem disappeared. So problem in this bloody 190.38 for sure.

3. Squall Leonhart

Squall Leonhart Banned

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 275 896
    lol, well then its just your unlucky pick of the draw i guess.

Just stick with older drivers, your not missing much with the newer ones.

4. pokuly

pokuly Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX660Ti SC
    Wanted to add that i had this error once when playing with an Bios Editor and 2Dclocks. When i changed the throttle clock down i got this error. Seems like the driver can't evaluate if it should hold the clock or rise it (suspicion). So better leave your 2D/throttle clocks like the manufacturer adjusted.
    Even with big overclcoking the 3D mode i never saw this message again.

Edit: There comes me to mind... Are more people having this problem with non-standard clocked cards like the Gainward/Pallit GTX260s ?

Last edited: Aug 5, 2009

5. MLuppov

MLuppov Member

GPU:
    It's not me unlucky, it's drivers are crappy. And I'm not missing anything with them. Waiting for new version. Will see if new the one will be not the same sh!t.

6. bokah

bokah Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 670GTX 2G
    doubt u can set correct voltages for memory with asus mobo(its a matter of try and error), or can u confirm voltages with software that they actually has changed when applied?

none of my asus have had this option

edit: doh, one actually did but it was false reading, about 0.1v wrong

Last edited: Aug 6, 2009
  7. MLuppov

MLuppov Member

GPU:
    Man, real overclockers know what they can change and what they shouldn't. If you don't, then better to not touch anything.
    Here we are discussing the matter of drivers, not the matter of overclocking, especially unskillful overclocking:nerd:.
    So, your message is completely off topic.

8. MLuppov

MLuppov Member

GPU:
    Have you read my post? System passed all tests. So what kind of confirmation you need? No, I didn't measured the voltage with my multimeter (what is the one real deal method, that can show you the real picture, not some software sh!t). System is stable in O&M and no errors appears. And that is how it should be, because all timings and voltage is set according to manufacturer specifications. So stop telling me this bool****.:3eyes: I don't have this problem on 186.18 but have on 190.38 because of incorrect timings and/or voltage for RAM? That is nonsense!:stewpid:

9. bokah

bokah Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 670GTX 2G
    i do agree that its driver fault, still asus dont give u real voltage readings from what reads in bios

edit: how do i know this? no multimeter was used but EDGE of performance
    http://www.hwbot.org/community/user/crazydice

Last edited: Aug 6, 2009
  10. MLuppov

MLuppov Member

GPU:
    So I do agree, that ASUS don't give real voltage readings. You need to read more careful:). And let me ask. How do you know what was used and what was not?:3eyes: If you want to be at EDGE of performance than you need to set voltages precisely. To control this matter you must use normal hardware voltmeter not some software. It always gives you not exactly real testimony.:pc1:

11. bokah

bokah Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 670GTX 2G
    i had same kits and cpu on other mobos and from that i can tell that asus p5e didnt give more than around 1.56V to vcore and 2.36 to kits even set to highest possible 1.7 and 2.4 in bios

even tho chipsets does vary this was pretty accurate

12. MLuppov

MLuppov Member

GPU:
    I do agree again:). This is a known issue of many mobos:). It's just the limitations of voltage regulator or a bug of BIOS. That's why I said Use voltmeter:). Not really handy, but accurate:nerd:.
    But I didn't pushed my memory to the edge, so it's not really matter in this case.:nerd:

13. bokah

bokah Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 670GTX 2G
    i did, and send em to back to ocz as they failed ;)

14. MLuppov

MLuppov Member

GPU:
    What actually you did?:) And what failed?:3eyes: Memory modules?:)

15. pokuly

pokuly Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX660Ti SC
    What? It is my system that runs perfect and always overclocked. My post is ON-Topic as far this topic can go. Clocking down throttle from 300MHz to 250MHz for memory can cause this nvlddmkm error for example. Thats what my post says and i wanted others to know.
    It is you that has still problems not me.

16. MLuppov

MLuppov Member

GPU:
    I have no problems, fool.:nerd:
    Don't touch things you are don't understand and don't post useless crap.:puke2:
    You want others to know what?:3eyes: That you don't know what are you doing?:banana: They already know that.
    Thanks to you for this piece of information!:stewpid:

Last edited: Aug 7, 2009
  17. pokuly

pokuly Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX660Ti SC
    At least you must have a serious mental problem.

18. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    Stop it. Both of you. Otherwise your membership with Guru3D is going to be very short.

19. MLuppov

MLuppov Member

GPU:
    Yes, you right, man. Sorry for that:).

Talking about the matter of this thread... Here is the site about this bloody error:
    http://www.nvlddmkm.com/

Maybe some information from this source will help someone.
    Maybe someone already know about this site, but if not, they definitely must to:).

20. sg72

sg72 Member

GPU:
    nVidea GTX285x2
    After posting a couple of months ago. I forgot to post,how I managed to get round it.

I did a complete reformat and removed and refitted my Graphics cards. Slot 1 first. Running 186.18 drivers(No problems).

I can utelise the ASUS Rampage II facilities readily and am now able to play at extreme settings with nothing but good results.(This would of course, be expected of my system. )

So. Rather than gain advice from others with similar problems but a totally different system. I had to go it alone. It was a tremendously gratifying experience.:)