Vista 32bit or 64bit? HD2900XT's

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Steppis, Jun 19, 2007.

1. Steppis

Steppis Master Guru

GPU:
    2xXFX 5870 "XT" Crossfire
    Well.. im getting my new mobo tomorrow after the other one died just after one day with bad flash of the bios.. so.. well.. as you can see im running crossfire with HD2900XT's. will crossfire work in 64bit vista? and would i benefit something by using 64bit vista insted of 32bit vista now?

Thnx for replays :)

2. eRa`

eRa` Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GeForce GTX 570
    I don't know about crossfire, but performance wise 64bit is the way to go. It can address more RAM and is theoretically faster than 32bit.

3. Norvekh

Norvekh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080 Ti
    With 4GB of memory and two cards, yes definitely go with 64-bit. Otherwise you'll see less than 3GB (I see 2.75GB with just a single GTX in XP). From what I understand Crossfire works fine in Vista as well.

4. Vinnie

Vinnie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x AMD R9 290X
    Copy that! Definetly go with Vista 64bit. For me, Vista 64bit is great, I really noticed a difference in performance by switching to 64bit and in the future programs and games will come out that support 64bit and will run faster then the 32bit versions of the programs and games.

5. jasonbourne

jasonbourne Active Member

GPU:
    geforce 8800gts
    for me vista x64 actually was much slower than the 32bit version, it could be cuz my processor is a bit outdated now i`ll get a conroe soon and reinstall the bad boy again

6. Waylander

Waylander Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980
    x64 deffo. I tried both and x64 does seem to be faster, and of course there's the memory addressing mentioned above.

And x64 software is going to become more widely available

7. Steppis

Steppis Master Guru

GPU:
    2xXFX 5870 "XT" Crossfire
    Ahh okei :p thnx guys :p 64bit it is:p