Virtual Machine Integration Component Service causing high gpu usage(solved)

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by The Goose, Apr 7, 2020.

1. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSIrtx2080 superXS
    Ive recently noticed my Msi 2080s ventus running at full speed(around 1950hz) after my system is on for a few minutes, ive been monitoring task manager and as soon as Virtual Machine Integration Component Service pops up in the list my gpu usage jumps up and my system watt usage more than doubles to in excess of 250watts in idle state compared to 80-100watts when the service is not running, if i close the service my gpu runs at 375hz with occasional jumps to 735

I dont use a VM so do i need this service running, can it be un-installed or disabled.

Thanks in advance

2. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 Gaming 4G
    I had to Google "Virtual Machine Integration Component Service" as I don't have this service and I do run VMware VM. It seems to be connected to MS Hyper-V VM's..
    Anyway, two things I would do if you don't plan on using VM's is to make sure bios is set to not support VM, there usually a setting in there. The other is either set that service to manual or disabled so it not triggered and see how that goes.

Did you ever have Hyper-V installed, you could check to see if any components are installed and remove them, that might be an easier way.
    Also, check in control panel in programs and features, the left menu options "turn Windows features on or off" . In there, are a bunch of Hyper-V features see if any are enabled and uncheck them all under Hyper-V.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2020
  3. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSIrtx2080 superXS
    Hi, thanks for the rapid reply, ive never used a vm let alone install software for one, if there is anything on my system it came with windows 10 which ive been running since its release, i`ll have a look in the bios but ive been running my current setup a few weeks now since changing to an Amd r7 3800x and apart from the initial install ive not been back to the bios as ive not needed too.

I just found something interesting....after re-installing the my recent nvidia drivers i had been using i did a reboot and opened task manager and after 3-4 minutes idle the service popped up and i did an open file location on the service..... its part of Zipgenius compression software which is weird because ive been using the same version since the stone age and as far as i know it has not auto updated as i rarely use it....its handy if all else fails to open a rar file, i`ll get rid of it and see if that works

4. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSIrtx2080 superXS
    Well got rid of zipgenius and deleted the unremoved file linked to the vm and my gpu is running at 300hz idle and 31c instead of 61c....thanks for the assist.