1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Virtu MVP on windows 8 x64

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Cnstntgrdnr, Sep 5, 2012.

1. Cnstntgrdnr

Cnstntgrdnr Active Member

GPU:
    R9 Fury
    Hello gurus, in need of some help here given that my searches have been futile.

To the point, has anyone tried Luvid's Virtu MVP software with windows 8? For some reason it doesn't seem to work on my machine, all supported software crashes at startup when the panel is enabled. My mobo is an Asus p8z77-v-lx (virtu mvp certified). Is there a way to force virtu to start manually with an application instead through the control panel?

2. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1660Ti
    Virtu MVP is not currently compatible with Windows8.

Windows8 doesn't officially launch until late October. Check for compatibility around the same time frame.

3. Cnstntgrdnr

GPU:
    R9 Fury
    Thank you for the reply.

I have been running the rtm edition obtained through dreamspark premium for the past 10 days or so and was wondering if there were any workarounds, virtu mvp shows up as incompatible with windows 8 atm, however the win7 x64 version does install properly with no issues whatsoever. Furthermore, in this video around the 3.30 mark he says ''windows 8 compatible'' so it got me into thinking..

4. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    "Windows [version] compatible" only guarantees that it can run to some extent, but not necessarily in full functionality.
    The one that guarantees that usually marked as "Windows [version] certified".

5. Cnstntgrdnr

GPU:
    R9 Fury
    I see, guess we'll have to wait then. Thank you again for your time :)

6. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    Well, considering Lucid VIRTU hasn't ever worked to date on any operating system it's a bloatware which gives zero advantage to any user plus a blocked
    software which needs to be cracked to NVIDIA or AMD gpu's. I'd say we shouldn't give too much expectations from this company future on Windows 8 timeline.

Whole idea they had was ok, until they stepped to license agreement department which pretty much made them change the whole picture from
    "we can do" to "We license some... and that's Intel", if anyone disagrees please name a single advantage for anyone in any sense from Lucidlogix software productions.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2012
  7. deltatux

deltatux Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    Uhh, there are AMD boards in the pipeline that will be VirtuMVP enabled like the Gigabyte GA-F2A85X-UP4:
    http://www.gigabyte.us/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4343#ov

As for benefits, I've been benefitting from the VirtuMVP software since I built my Intel rig, lower TDP while browsing and doing work while enjoying the power of my GPU when gaming is an amazing win for me.

deltatux

8. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1660Ti
    VirtuMVP works fine....if you own any of the few games it actually supports.

9. thatguy91

thatguy91 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 480 RS 4 GB
    I added mpc-hc to the list, seem to work fine with that :) (I use Direct3D fullscreen mode in MPC-HC (the JW test mod version), tweaked for quality and also added in some additional shaders). Yes, the logo does appear briefly when set.

I think with each new version the incompatibilities will decrease to be point where it can be used frequently.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2012
  10. Mohammad.Taheri

Mohammad.Taheri Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1070TI Nuke
    only works fine in I Mode.
    using D mode make game fail to start.

11. thatguy91

thatguy91 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 480 RS 4 GB
    Actually for me it has worked perfectly with all the games on the list, and I have even added a few games and like I said earlier, MPC-HC.

Also, no issues with licensing or anything else straight out of the box, I believe that may only be an issue on 60 series boards? Well for me anyway, I just downloaded it from Lucid on a fresh installed system (genuine), installed the Intel and AMD drives, and away it went! In control panel it says:
    License Staus
    License Activated

MVP - Desktop Edition
    2.1.115a.23214

This was from day 1 on my new system. I had the older September 9.001 Catalyst driver installed before, now have the 13 September driver and still works perfectly. Also I am using Intel 15.28.5.64.2849 beta driver, which is a fully Windows 8 compatible driver, and I think may actually work better with MVP.

12. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    @Mohammad.Taheri
    Isn't d-Mode supposedly the most compatible mode of the two for games?
    If i-Mode is more usable than d-Mode (for you), then what's wrong with it?
    I thought the main point of using Virtu is the i-Mode since that's where the savings at.

13. Cnstntgrdnr

GPU:
    R9 Fury
    ^ This.

Actually, I' m a bit confused here, are we still talking windows 8 or not ? :p
    My point was to use my 5770 in conjunction with the intel HD 3000 to see if it could bump up performance anyhow, although the benefits as benchmarks show appear to be... questionable at best.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2012
  14. thatguy91

thatguy91 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 480 RS 4 GB
    Worked flawlessly on Windows 7 x64 as I said previously. On Windows 8 x64, same machine, it doesn't. I'm guessing they are working on a Windows 8 compatible version which will hopefully be released closer to, or shortly after, the official availability of Windows 8.