Videocard for Steams - Warframe

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Apoc_, Jun 28, 2015.

1. Apoc_

Apoc_ Guest

GPU:
    MSi 1060 Gaming X
    so recently got hooked on the new warframe but my old Nvidia GTS 250 struggles even on low settings at 1366x768 resolution (getting new monitor at 1980x1020) and want to know what video card is the best option without waiting for new generations etc etc..

I want to play it maxed settings but their system requirements are even worse then my current video card so not a very helpful guide.. for those of you that will know warframe once theres massive battles going on becomes very gfx intense similar to wow i guess??

thank you for any help aprreciate it, oh and my budget would probably be around the $350-400 MAX australian dollars mark :)

2. biggi_

biggi_ Guest

GPU:
    GTX770 4GB SLI
    Not sure on prices in your market, but a GTX 970 should do just fine for one monitor at 1080.

3. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Thats around 250-300$ US. 4GB system ram and PII X2 will hold back 970 big time. I would consider something cheaper + 4GB ram if you can find ddr2.

Even 750ti or 270X at 150$ would play Warframe FHD no problem.

4. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    The highest card I'd pair with that rig would be a 750ti, Warframe isn't that demanding so it should run the game well.

5. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    I wouldn't go for more DDR2 RAM, might as well save up for anything modern at that point.

6. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    580GTX is enough @ max and physx enabled, you need a fast cpu to compensate physx api cpu bottleneck.

Speaking of my own experience when I still had a Q9450 @ 3.6ghz vs 4770k @ 4.6ghz. That y2008 Yorkfield was holding me back a lot by bigger levels or lots of physx effects.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2015
  7. Apoc_

Apoc_ Guest

GPU:
    MSi 1060 Gaming X
    Thanks for the replies :)

So had a bit of a look around and a 580gtx here is still around the $600 mark which puts it in a similar price range as the current 970gtx and a touch out of the price range :p

On the other hand I can pick up a 750Ti for about $170 aud which is a very attractive price point at the moment, the only concern is looking at some of guru3ds reviews it scores about 4th last in 3dmark 11/13 compared to all the current gfx cards which is by me if we're confident it'll play warframe for me maxed

8. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    [​IMG]

If you get a 750ti you'll be limited to a minimum framerate of 41 and max of 56.

[​IMG]

With a better cpu and a 750ti you'd be looking at around 60fps average.

9. lexer98

lexer98 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1070 - WC
    Sorry but that chart isn't really helpful, because it using a 7970 and the AMD drivers have a big CPU overhead (especially old ones).
    The 750Ti in CPU bound scenarios works really well, but if he can get at least a 955 and overclock the crap out of it, will be better

10. Apoc_

Apoc_ Guest

GPU:
    MSi 1060 Gaming X
    Awesome thanks again for the info guys..

So what roughly would a new mobo / cpu cost if I was to throw that in the mix to stop the bottleneck within the next 1-2months..

For example if I bought a 750ti now and then upgraded would I be better off changing to Intel i3/i5/i7 or sticking with my amd motherboard and getting a top end amd cpu for around the $250-$300 AUD mark?

As far as I'm aware I could upgrade to the top model amd cpu on the market for max $300 so to me that seems that most reasonable answer but if the i3's are out doing those then that defiantly makes me re consider ??

11. biggi_

biggi_ Guest

GPU:
    GTX770 4GB SLI
    I'm not sure your motherboard would support the new AMD CPU's. Honestly, best bet for the money, pick up a used Z97 motherboard and an i5 off fleabay. That would pair nicely and give you decent performance (not sure what the going price is down there). Something like this with RAM and everything really isn't an awful deal. Could probably find cheaper if used:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gigabyte-GA...713?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4197419099

12. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    Yeah no your motherboard doesn't support anything modern.

Intel is probably the way to go, if you go FX now you'll regret it its pretty bad atm even with DX12 coming.

13. Apoc_

Apoc_ Guest

GPU:
    MSi 1060 Gaming X
  14. AC_Avatar100400

AC_Avatar100400 Guest

GPU:
    WC GTX 780
    For someone who actually Plays Warframe and Lives in Australia.
    750ti or a 7870/r9 270x would run the game great at 1080p.
    Warframe doesn't require a huge amount of grunt unless you want Physx.

I would hold out on the Cpu and motherboard until you can get at least a I5.
    I would also suggest looking on Gumtree for a secondhand card.
    You regularly see HD 7950's and Equivalent Nvidia cards for 150-200$ Aud.
    Mite find a I5 and motherboard on gumtree to so check it out.

The Aussie Ebay market is pretty bad when it comes to any Modern Hardware and tends to get close to retail price at final auction unless super lucky.