Video playback problems with x800

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by R@gnarok, Nov 25, 2005.

1. R@gnarok

R@gnarok Member

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce4 Ti 4200 AGP 8X 128MB
    i have a brand new x800 GTO with my new system but when i try to play videos(windows media player) on my computer they come out green and distorted...

i'm quite sure its a hardware problem since the videos run fine when i set hardware acceleration in the player to zero.

i've tried reinstalling the driver and getting the latest but the problem still persists. other media players such as media player classic is also having the same problem.

anyone can help me out here? thnx!

2. DeathtrapX

DeathtrapX Master Guru

GPU:
    x800 XT 256mb sapphire 500/500
    "i'm quite sure its a hardware problem since the videos run fine when i set hardware acceleration in the player to zero."

I have no idea why this is.

But I know two solutions that will probably work for you.l

1) Download the latest codecs , AKA .... Mpeg codecs, xvid codecs, divx codecs, ac3 sound codecs, and all avi / mpgs should run without a hitch in windows media player

2) A much simpler option is to download Video Lan Player (Also known as VLC) ... just google it. It's a player made by god himself lol, it will literally play all videos w/o corruption and you need to download 0 codecs. How they do this is beyond me.

Personally I download all codecs so windows media player works with my movies, and I also use VLC for watching feature length films. I hope this helps you bro.