[video footage]Covering yourself in a wreck

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by dmonk, Feb 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dmonk

dmonk Maha Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 5450
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2006
  2. darknight909

darknight909 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 2080
    wtf happen to that car? it just randomly shoots over

did the tire pop?

3. Royicus

Royicus Ancient Guru

Um, ouch. I hope she was ok. Didn't look too bad, but it is pretty easy to get hurt when riding a motorcycle. :(

4. r3claim3r

r3claim3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    I know a guy who was nearly killed on a motorcycle when a Ford Taurus doing 50 mph ran a stop sign and T-boned him. The cop thought he was dead, and yet he let the driver of the car go.

5. Morpheous416

Morpheous416 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Super OC 12GB
    Wow....not too many times you get to see things like that.

btw: dmonk, it's not a good thing to directly link vids, pics, or files from other sites. It drains their bandwidth, and is considered rude! Just thought I'd let ya know...

Besides, a direct link can change at any time....

6. VixenHeart

VixenHeart Guest

That's the oddest thing I ever seen. Looks like the Honda pulled their e-brake since their back tires started to smoke, then they shot over and did a 180.

Looks wild.

From the actual person that got hit.

7. Pr0v

Pr0v Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus A9600XT/TD
    sick...

she was unlucky that she got hit in an accident, but had a little bit of luck that she was videotaping her ride :p

8. Gromuhl'Djun

Gromuhl'Djun Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070ti
    Whew!..

That tape is handy for claiming

9. dmonk

dmonk Maha Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 5450

yes that is true but if you go to the original thread you will click on it anyway. There are several direct links. Alternatively to not have any direct linking I would have to tell you what to search on youtube and look for the exact match, which I doubt people would care to do.

Just to make you happy, I'll take it off even though I don't think it applies here.

10. llerenaprincipe

llerenaprincipe Ancient Guru

GPU:
    DIAMOND X1950XTX 512MB, 650/2000Mhz
    wow that hadda hurt i remember when i was in a wreck but inside a car
    oww

11. StarvinMarvinDK

StarvinMarvinDK Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 4070Ti 12GB
    Hmm... getting a permission denied thingy :(

12. The Kyle

The Kyle Banned

GPU:
    Radeon HD3870 / Radeon HD
    If you read on her thread you will see what that ***hole civic driver is saying happened.

Thank you much. I will let you know. LEO and Insurance are well aware I have it all on vid. The officer who took the report already watched it too...he chuckled and said - "yeah, good thing you have that because the guy is saying you hit him. He said he was stopped and all you had to do was stop - but you didn't, you hit him."

I'm just upset that I didn't avoid this crash. Watch the very beginning of the vid - you see me going along and I was going to pass him. Then Very uncharacteristic of me, I back off. Why'd I back off? I had a sudden bad feeling. I'm upset I couldn't avoid the crash...

So the guy almost kills her and claims that he didn't do anything and that it's all her fault. THAT pisses me off. I'm so glad she is ok and that she has it all on camera.

13. Dup

Dup Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTS 640MB SC
    Been there done that. She was just in a bit of shock when everyone was around her.

[​IMG]

I hit a brand new X-Type on my old bike which wrote it off. Although she wasn't going to fast, I had just come off a corner at 80mph when someone pulled out in front of me.

I had seen him stop and there was an immediate bend and crest of where he was pulling out, so I had to prepare to lean over the other way. Just as I was about to apply the brakes the jag launched right in front of me before I could do anything.

He never made a fuss and admitted he was at fault, mainly because of all the witnesses and the fact I was visible for a good while before he pulled out and I had relaxed the throttle before attmpting to brake.

Its so easy to go from 40 to 80 on a bike that 60mph limits come go and come again. Wheather I Was going 60 or 80 though, It wouldn't have changed a thing in that short distance.

I've not ridden since, I got new jobs miles away from home and the UK winter is not ideal biking long distance. I have a Peugeot 206 instead.

14. VixenHeart

VixenHeart Guest

This made me laugh.

I had just come off a corner at 80mph when someone pulled out in front of me.

I've personally seen a lot of motorcycle people cut cars off because they think they "always" have the right. If a little bike is going 80Mph, and you're zooming around a corner, then it's YOUR fault, not the lady who cut you off...

Bike's are hard to see, and if it's going around a corner, and you're doing 80... well.

15. Royicus

Royicus Ancient Guru

Quite a big headed statement for you to make. Whoever is at fault for the accident is found by the LEO, or perhaps someone in a courtroom, not you.

I remember my dad telling a story how he was driving (speeding a touch) and a lady pulled out in front of him. He hit her, and she claimed it wasn't her fault. Well, the cop cited her. She took it to court, and the cop and my dad were called as witnesses. After hearing all the testimony, the judge fount the lady guilty.

I was reading through the forums that whoever lady was a part of. Interesting how things get twisted on the interweb. Some people were like, "Oh man, that's just an insurance scam, why else would she have videotaped it?" Anyway, I guess she is a bike racer and such, and instructs people on riding and whatnot.

16. Dup

Dup Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTS 640MB SC
    Acceleration on a bike, small or big is blink of an eye stuff and you can go between 40 and 80 and back again before someones seen you. I came off the corner onto a 4-500 yard straight before where the car was pulling out.

Seeing it stop at the juntion I eased off the throttle in anticipation, as most bikers do. I can't read a car drivers mind, but I'm not gonna stop in the middle of the road and let him out just in case, thats just as dangerous as going 20mph over the speed limit if someone else was following my pace behind me.

All a biker can do is make themselves aware to other drivers. Bikes cut cars off just as much as cars cut cars off. Its a fact bikers are a lot less visible but then a car driver is arrogant to this fact and most do not care about being a biker.

Weather it was me on a bike or me in a car that day, there would have been an accident. The guy wasn't looking my when he pulled out, he was having an arguement with his wife. They were bother over 60 by the way, and his wife refused to get out the car and help. Luckily all I had damaged was the bike and my balls hurt for a couple of weeks.

People nab on bikers for putting themselves in a vounerable position. Its not so vonourable when you're in control of a bike. You have a lot more vision and becasue you're on a bike you tend to concentrate more. You can't read minds though and you can't anticipate everything. If I see someone stop at a junction and for some time, I get comfortable with the fact I've been seen, get right over to the white line and get ready to concentrate on the next obstacle.

I was honest with the police of my speed and what I saw. These things are very strict in the UK, esp when you have a few grands worth of damage to replace. I was told going 60 or 80, the driver admitted to not concrentrating and that he made a mistake. He was a friendly guy and he called to check i was ok later. The policeman and the ambulace drivers were all bikers too.

In the UK, its hard to pass both bike and car tests. The car and bike tests are heavy on observation, yet some people lack the basics in putting a seatbelt on. The biggest obstacle I face is pedestrians more than anything. Bikers I see. People on foot are a lot less aware and they're the real problem. I've scared myself a couple of times crossing the road when not paying attention.

17. VixenHeart

VixenHeart Guest

Are you an idiot? IF YOU ARE GOING 80MPH! YOU ARE AT FAULT!

Jesus Christ! You were speeding! 80MPH! HELLO! So it's all your fault for speeding and being STUPID!

18. Royicus

Royicus Ancient Guru

*scratches head*

What provoked this response? First off all, I'm not an idiot. Next, I was never going 80MPH. Third, I'm not at fault because we aren't even talking about me? Therefore, I am not at fault for speeding and being stupid.

Take a chill pill before coming on these forums and calling people names and such. You really make yourself look foolish.

Anyway, browsing through that one lady's forums and reading all those posts are really interesting. A ton of people then said that they were going to get cameras for their bike commutes to work. I think that lady's setup (Dawn is her name) was like $2000 or something :eek:

Last edited: Feb 18, 2006
  19. VixenHeart

VixenHeart Guest

You said you were going 80, around a turn...

PS. I take **** from no one. Foolish or not, I'm not a cupcake, cookie cutter person. Why should I take slack from anyone? Online or not.

20. Royicus

Royicus Ancient Guru

Please read who was posting their story before you say that I'm going 80MPH in a turn. I don't ride a motorcycle. My SUV probably can't handle any turn at 80MPH as it would roll.

And you don't need to take slack from anyone. You change people's opinions, and how they treat you, depending upon how you treat others. Lashing out at people isn't a way to make people not give you crap.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.