Video card blues, need advice!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by spiffyskater, Sep 18, 2011.

1. spiffyskater

spiffyskater Member Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE /GTX680 / 4gb
    Hey whats up guys,

This is my first time posting in over a year bare with me..

Currently i have one EVGA gtx480 superclocked+ card and the idea was that when the price was driven down far enough via new egg i would go ahead and buy another for the SCI. Well sadly newegg doesn't sell 480s any more so I'm kinda sh!t out of luck..

From everything i have read, putting two 480s in SLI with both having the reference coolers is a bad idea. So i'm looking to but a gtx480 with any cooler besides the ref. cooler to run SCI.

I figure this rout will be much cheaper than opting for a 580 and then getting another 580 on top of it for similar performance...Only costing roughly $750 more than just getting another 480...

or........

The other option i was looking at was scratching the 480s and getting a gtx590.

or..........x2

should i just wait until the next gen of vid cards is released.

I could use some advice hear guys! any input would be greatly appreciated!

2. bobdude

bobdude Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6gb
    with your specs what game can you not play?

3. spiffyskater

spiffyskater Member Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE /GTX680 / 4gb
    really,.. Honestly.., none. I have yet to run into game that i couldn't completely max out graphically... except for Witcher 2 i had to turn down AA considerably to just get a constant 30fps @ 1920x1080

I more or less want to be prepared for skyrim and BF3. I figured if i was going to get another 480 that now is the time to do it. Newegg only has ONE left in stock and its a re-certified one for $294..

What do you guys think? Should i pull the trigger and buy the last 480 newegg has? should i post in the classifieds section? what would you guys do?