Very serious Question, Please read Carefully.

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by The General, Jul 18, 2008.

1. The General

The General Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    * If this is in the wrong section, please move it *

Alright read this carefully. I mention before that in pcwizard 2008 it shows that the Visiontek 2400 HD PCI card does not have " Hardware OPENGL Acceleration " , it says however that " Only Software Mode is supported.

General Information :
    Manufacturer : ATI Technologies Inc.
    Version : 2.1.7659 Release
    Renderer : ATI Radeon HD 2400 Series
    Acceleration : No, Software
    <---------------------------

I have notice this is causing some serious issues with some games. Some games works just fine, while others crawl. This is a example, tested on a FPS shooter which came out in 2003 called: Revolution:

Specs: Intel Pentium III, 512megs of Ram, SoundBlaster, 600MHZ, Visiontek 2400 HD PCI card.

" I was facing towards the door, and the fps are from 35-55. "

[​IMG]

" But as i turn around face the texture scenery or whatever you called, obviously facing the door there are no heavy textures, but when i turn around, i get this:

[​IMG]

The fps drops quickly from 35-55 to 9-1 as seen in the photo. As i am turning around, it becomes very choppy, crawling. This happens in alot of my games, even old ones such as Unreal GOLD. Now i was thinking my PSU which btw is only 90watts couldn't handle the card, but this isn't the case, because the card loads up just fine, it stays super cool between 39c - 45c , games like Timeshift and various other games works just fine. But others do not, this doesn't sound like a PSU power.

Now using my 6200 Overclocked 6200 256MB card, 2 things:

#1 It says in the opengl tab in pcwizard 2008 that hardware gl acceleration is enable. So it says " Acceleration: Yes, Hardware ".

#2 Playing that same game, i get 50-70fps with no drops fps when i turn around or whatever, the game runs super smooth.

So what do you guys think, is this a driver issue or bottlenecking?

Note: Visiontek doesn't seem to care, they just seem to have release the PCI 2400 and pretty much didn't give a f***. I told them over and over again, but they keep ignoring my messages. Once they reply back and told my computer was too slow, but people with the same card with much higher computers, have the same issue, or similar issues.

One person with a higher CPU then mime, got 12fps in Bioshocks. Funny thing, i get the same. I one time got 15fps in the game, hmmmmmmm

2. Undesirable

Undesirable Member Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 1080 Reference 8GB
    Yes, I get this same issue when I turn around quickly in games. It's very noticeable for me in S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Shadow of Chernobyl.

3. The General

The General Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    Do you know what the cause may be, because you are obviously running a much faster CPU then me. Is it a driver issue, also do you mind installing pcwizard and telling me what does it say under openGL, does it say no, software, or yes acceleration?

4. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AorusXtreme 1080Ti
    its either a gpu mem issue or a mem issue with your rig, i.e. not enough in either, i bet if you turn the texture resolution down it improves the situation?

5. The General

The General Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    Tried that already. I have been switching drivers , using tweaks, none of it solves the problem. I did mention this:

General Information :
    Manufacturer : ATI Technologies Inc.
    Version : 2.1.7659 Release
    Renderer : ATI Radeon HD 2400 Series
    Acceleration : No, Software <---------------------------

You see that, thats under the OpenGL tab. Now here is the other part. Using my 6200 OC PCI card, i don't have this issue, it says Acceleration = Yes, Hardware.

Also using the 6200 card, i get 60-70fps in that same game which i am having trouble with. My guess, its a driver issue. Maybe the 8.7 will fix the issue, who knows. I am still wondering why Undesirable gets the same issue, his computer is a beast. ?

6. HaZe303

HaZe303 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Wow that computer is old... Sorry, but I just had to say that. Get a new computer and all youre issues should be gone. :)

7. Legendary_Agent

Legendary_Agent Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus HD7970 DirectCU II
    uninstall ur drivers, reinstall them, update direct x, in last case format ur pc and try again if problem persists ur gfx card has some serious issues... it should support open gl
    and nvm them claiming ur pc is to old to run a 2000 game...
    i got intel p4 running crysis with natural mod at 1024*768 res with 20-30fps
    also ut3 with max gfx quality exept players models 1280*1024 running at 45-60fps

Last edited: Jul 21, 2008
  8. spanket

spanket Member

GPU:
    MSI 5770
    wow those graphics suck ass

9. Agizor

Agizor Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 4870 512MB
    ...I think it's actually really cool to see someone running the Coppermine still. Very nice'a :D

10. The General

The General Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FirePro W5000 2GB
    Tell that to the guy having the same issue with Shadow of Chernobyl:wanker:
    People always say if i upgrade this and that, those issues will be solve, but the funny thing people with much more powerful computers then me, have the same issues. Obviously its my computer, its either the card or the drivers.

I am back using my 6200, so i don't have this problem anymore. I get 60-80fps now. So you see, its not my computer , its the stupid card which i was using, because the card doesn't have hardware acceleration features.

11. Markgpl

Markgpl Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 Mech OC
    I still have my p3, switched from first-gen 550mhz (pipeline stalls and horrid performance) to the smaller fab p3-733, with geforce 2 gts, nice performers.
    That problem it's not hardware, surely is driver related.