very noisy fan FX-8150

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by p1stov, Feb 27, 2012.

1. p1stov

p1stov Member

GPU:
    nvidia palit 560 2GB
    My FX-8150 box fan is incredible very noisy.
    I have sempron 140 with box fan , so it's posible to use that fan , before im buy new ?

2. WaroDaBeast

WaroDaBeast Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD7950
    How on Earth can you think a Sempron heatsink will perform better than an FX heatsink?

That said, if you meant you wanted to use your FX heatsink on your Sempron, that'd work.

3. p1stov

p1stov Member

GPU:
    nvidia palit 560 2GB
    Can it work or not ? im not ask about performance etc , read first post

can i use fan from sempron 140 on my fx ?

4. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    99% of people have no idea what a Sempron 140 is, the last time I heard Sempron was during the K8 days where it was an Athlon 64 with half the L2 cache.

The answer is simple, if it's for the same socket type then it will, if not, then it won't.

Even if it does fit, as the guy before was trying to point out, it's a horrible idea. But it sounds like you're not here for advice anyway.

5. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    The stock AMD coolers are terrible, even worse than the Intel ones, but bear in mind they are designed to keep your 125 W CPU cool, whereas the one from 7/8 years ago isn't anywhere near that., you might end up with overheating.

6. @renadier

@renadier Master Guru

GPU:
    2X AMD R280X @ 1072/1250
    hello,
    have you set your cpu fan in bios?
    if you set to performance, its a dam sight quieter.

7. bryonhowley

bryonhowley Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI
    The fan on my FX-8120 was quite loud to when it would ramp up with the temp. I have since installed a XSPC 750 RS240 water cooling kit and even with 4 120mm fans running in a push/pull they are still quieter than the stock fan.

Personally I would water cool any FX CPU instead of using the stock heatsink/fan. My temps are 25c idle and have never gone over 34c under full load. With the stock headsink/fan my idle temps were 41c or more.

8. Crash

Crash Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 560 OC 1024 MB
    I guess it will work as a temporary replacement for your broken fx8150 fan. As long as it is spinning...