VERTEX ATI Radeon HD6950 2048MB DDR5/256bit DVI/HDMI/DP PCI-E (8 Installation problem

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Adicheck, Mar 25, 2011.

1. Adicheck

Adicheck New Member

GPU:
    Vertex Sapphire HD 6950
    Hi guys
    Would need your expertise and help.
    I bought a new graphic card (see above)
    Before that I had a Winfast 6800 GTS.
    Now today I tried to install the new card.
    Started with removing the drivers and software, then I removed the cover the old card the power supply cable and did insert the new card.
    What did confuse me right from the start was that the new card had 2 modular cable slots, where the old one had just one.
    Problem is I only have one. Did contact the shop they said to try it out as it could work just fine (one cable from Tagan 530W connected to the new card).
    Well I started my computer and 1 semi-long beep followed by 2 short beeps did bid me welcome. I thought let me see if the card fits in the PCI E slot...well it did.
    Just to be sure I´m asking you guys - will attaching a second modular cable from my Tagan to Vertex Sapphire solve the problem? Or is it something else I did wrong? Just it´s easier to get a second cable if it´s all about it, than running to a shop and get it serviced.

Thanks for for your help

Here are some links
    Radeon
    http://sklep.sferis.pl/produkt/3187...b-ddr5-256bit-dvi-hdmi-dp-pci-e-800-5000.html
    Tagan
    http://zasilacze.info/produkty.php?id=109&kategoria_id=338

P.S.
    I do not have the remaining cables from my Tagan - they simply vanished while I moved out.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2011
  2. midweskid

midweskid Guest

Yes it would solve your problem. The power draw from that card is more than the gts. Even if you could boot into windows with only one connector the card would be stuck in idle or 2d mode. Check if your able to get a replacement cable, or a new power supply.

3. Adicheck

Adicheck New Member

GPU:
    Vertex Sapphire HD 6950
    I´ve already bought a cable :) It´s beeing shipped.
    I just wanted to be sure that this IS the solution.
    Thank you very much for the confirmation.
    Now I can sleep at night again ;)

Last edited: Mar 25, 2011
  4. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Yes that is the solution, 2x 6-Pins must be connected, and welcome to Guru Adicheck :)