1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Version 419.17 WHQL - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by DooGie, Feb 22, 2019.

1. MrBeer

MrBeer Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 FTW SLI
    yes you have to make changes and make them to file read only

2. scaramonga

scaramonga Member Guru

GPU:
    1080 Ti FTW3 W/C
    This.

I always change to 'adaptive' in Global, never 'optimal', but these drivers are crap regardless, as are all the 400 series ;) The only cure for my random flickering on a single monitor desktop, is the last 399 set, which does not exhibit this problem, although, it is less on the 418.81 drivers, but still occurs.

Tested over 2 cards, a 1080ti AORUS, and now a FTW3 1080ti, one air, the other water ;) Same old random flickering since these 400 crap surfaced. A GSync problem no doubt, but there ya go :)

jura11 likes this.
  3. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 Gaming 4G
    Yes, it reverts all settings to default (global). changing the two files to read only does fix but then every time you want to make a change in NVCP you need to revert the read-only, make changes and reapply again.

MrBeer likes this.
  4. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 RTX
    " but these drivers are crap regardless, as are all the 400 series"

Well all the drivers AFTER the 416.94s seem crap tbh. This goes for my old EVGA 1080ti FTW 3. And now its the same for my EVGA 2080 FTW 3 Ultra. The 419.17s don`t look as good visually, nor do they feel as good performancewise. How is this even possible? I`m sticking to the 416.94s till a decent driver arrives for my 2080 FTW Ultra.

JAMVA likes this.

5. MrBeer

MrBeer Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 FTW SLI
    it is not the drivers all will do it even the old ones it was dice trying to stop one of the hacks.it backfires on dice.

6. Party Poison

Party Poison Maha Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 2080Ti
    Has there ever been any proof to this ever?

ive not once installed a driver set and thought holy crap that looks worse.

i just tested mine with a load of random settings. It saved the settings even after rebooting twice.

7. Party Poison

Party Poison Maha Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 2080Ti
    Double post

8. nevcairiel

nevcairiel Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Gaming X
    No, its just random unprovable stuff people post.

There could be bugs that cause certain games to look worse, but that wouldn't just be "slightly worse", but obviously buggy worse then, like messed up textures or stuff like that.

9. khanmein

khanmein Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    419.17 is smoother than before, especially in FIFA 19.

10. Gortex

Gortex Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1060
    Good driver on my Win 7 system , increased performance in games over 418.91 especially in GTA V.

11. Devilya

Devilya New Member

GPU:
    1080 Ti X Trio 11G
    I have this same problem as well. I mean it's not a big deal because it's so random, but would be nice to not have it.

12. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 Gaming 4G
    I normally set all games to power management to HP in NVCP and I can confirm once I run BFv (just open to the menu) and close the settings revert to global ones. This is only BFv, BF1,4 etc all fine.
    So the game is doing this, not driver problem.
    If you're not seeing this, then maybe a specific setting in BFv causes this,.Anyway, this driver runs smoothly in BFx series.

13. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Yes.

14. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 RTX
    "Has there ever been any proof to this ever?

ive not once installed a driver set and thought holy crap that looks worse."

Good for you. I didn`t say dramaticly worse. And.... to MY eyes, anything not seemingly as good as an earlier set is crap. If these divers are ok for you, awesome. But for
    me..... no set after the 416.94s does it for me. Still waiting.

15. bishi

bishi Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SLI
    Apex Legends still crashes for me with these and all other 418/419 drivers. 417.75 and below is fine.

16. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 Ti FTW
    Use ctrl+shift+v to paste text when posting. Normal ctrl+v will paste not just text, but also text formatting.

dr_rus likes this.
  17. Driller_au

Driller_au Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Ti OC
    Yep this is a thing, changed from HP mode to adaptive which is the only thing i run different from global settings. No more cartoonfield for the dirty cheats :)

18. Amaze

Amaze Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070ti 2114/4375
  19. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Why unprovable? I think that they can provide the screenshots which will show the difference, can they? And if they can't then it's just the usual "Quadro drivers have better IQ" BS.

Terepin likes this.
  20. Dj_ALeX

Dj_ALeX Master Guru

GPU:
    G1 GTX 980 OC
    After testing several games ( Far Cry New Dawn, Metro Exodus, RE2 Remake, R6 Siege, The Division, BF4, SOTTR, NFS Payback and soon Dirt Rally 2..) i have to report 0 issues with this driver performance and stability wise. Keepers for me until the next release!
    I haven't test them on APEX Legends so i don't have a picture of what others saying about bad performance or crashes on this game so keep an eye on that guys! :)