Verizon internet servers slow today?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Alt, Jul 16, 2008.

1. Alt

Alt Member Guru

GPU:
    9600GT (750/1875/1022)
    Hello, my mom went to friends today and at diner i told them our internet was running slow right now. Then my mom said that her friends internet was running slow too. Anyone know anything about this?

Here is my speedtest-
    [​IMG]

2. Tequila

Tequila Master Guru

GPU:
    Quad-Sli GTX680
    Speed test's arnt that great, try downloading a file from microsoft to see if it hits your top download speed. But I have heard from a few friends that it is being pretty slow the past week.

Regards

3. Deadman93723

Deadman93723 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG GTX 260 OC2 MaxCore
    Mine is running just fine.

4. destroyah3034

destroyah3034 Member Guru

GPU:
    Powercolor HD7950 3GB
    I'm based over here in Norwalk, California, and everything went down for a couple of hours. This is on 20/20 Fios. I could see that my router was picking up an IP, it just seemed like the gateway at the central office was having some major issues with the backbone.

Probably that's what the problem is. Some downed backbone lines, and the internet will slow down pretty quickly.

5. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    the pings look quite bad imo 234ms? wizard FINCHWIZARD might be able to give a slightly better insight afterall he's teh server goblin.

my take? an outage most likely network issues in certain areas. ;)

btw theres a section for networking and internet problems : http://forums.guru3d.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26

6. Finchwizard

Finchwizard Don Apple

GPU:
    -
    Pings are high'ish, unless your outside the USA.

Also make sure you aren't downloading or uploading anything at high speeds, because it will destroy any other results.

Leave it for a few hours and if it's still having issues you could look on their website, maybe have a network outages section.

7. clintonius

clintonius Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800 GT 512
    I've got Verizon, and I get random slowdowns all the time. I'm pretty unhappy with their service overall, but they're the best value in my location. Bleh.

8. Alt

Alt Member Guru

GPU:
    9600GT (750/1875/1022)
    Ahhh, much better.

[​IMG]

I think they fixed whatever was wrong.