1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Verizon FIOS TV problem?

Discussion in 'The HTPC, HDTV & Ultra High Definition section' started by jeffmorris, Dec 19, 2018.

1. jeffmorris

jeffmorris Maha Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 760
    I thought that I programmed the remote control that came with the Verizon FIOS cable TV box to turn a TV set on and off. The RC won't turn the TV set on. The RC turns the TV set off. I have to unplug the TV set from AC power and plug it back on in order to turn the TV set on. How can I fix the problem? I called tech support and had a man come to my house but he didn't fix the problem. I tried two cable TV boxes and two TV sets.

2. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 470
    If the remote will turn the TV off, it will also turn the TV on. Unless there is a problem with the TV itself....

3. jeffmorris

jeffmorris Maha Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 760
    After switching TV sets, I programmed the RC to turn the TV set on and off, and it worked. There's a problem with the TV set that won't turn on using RC.

4. jeffmorris

jeffmorris Maha Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 760
    My sister bought my parents a new Smart TV set for Christmas. She should have bought a regular TV set instead of a Smart TV set. After setting up the TV set, her husband (my brother-in-law) fooled around with it and I got upset with him.