Vehicles of Guru3D

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by -Ruin-, Sep 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    i see. thanx for the answer man.

2. fxmercenary

fxmercenary Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 SC Edition
    Thanks! It is hehe

My best 1/4 time is 13.46

I only ran her twice at the track, I don't want to break it lol

Its fun spanking WRX STi's with a Naturally Aspirated 2 Liter, but I guess its not a very stock motor lol.

3. Tom F

Tom F Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saab 900
    Love the Nissan, looks great.

4. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 390 8GB
    my dad had a jeep cherokee laredo and i loved it when i was a kid

sweet sleeper nissan

Last edited: May 12, 2011

5. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA RTX 2070
    BigTime: yea... but what your CRV has.... i don't really consider that a "spoiler" of the typical sort. The types of spoilers i'm talking about are like the ones at the link below (4x4 and 1x6 lumber jury-rigging's aside)

http://thechive.com/2009/06/02/inbred-car-spoilers-12-photos/

Like the ones on the Civic CRX and the Subaru. Really? And don't even get me started on some of the muffler's in those pics, either. haha

Last edited: May 13, 2011
  6. Copey

Copey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    960 2GB
    13.49 1/4 is pretty quick, not to bad.

7. nm+

nm+ Don Cappuccino Staff Member

GPU:
    old
    You see, I still don't buy this.
    The US consumer has a very high expectation of reliability. Which is why the french and italians got ran out in the late 80s, early 90s. It is why VW is still a bit player in the US market. VW, statsitically, is generally among the least reliable marks sold in the US.
    European cars have fit and finish down, but that's about it.

8. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    eVGA RTX 2070
    I don't know exactly if VW would be considered the least reliable.... but i know that they're not cheap to fix. Actually probably one of the more expensive cars to repair in the US, aside from maybe Lexus or Caddilac or something of the sort. I see TONS of VW's on the road.... from their SUV's, to Golf's, Jetta's, Passat's... hell, even the occasional VW Bus. I'd probably still be driving my '87 Golf had it not died one day on the way home from school. No clue what happened to it either. Started coming up the hill to get to my house.... something didn't feel quite right... RPM's started to go a little funny.... i let my foot off the gas, and dead. Had to walk the last mile or so home, in the middle of summer even. And why did i have to walk? Cause my cell phone was dead, and my car charger didn't work ever since my brother took it.

I actually want a Diesel Jetta or Golf... cause those things go on for freakin EVER. Just gotta sell my car first..... and getting a promotion would help, too. Or i could just wait til next year when i get my income tax return, and should i get a nice chunk of change, use that to buy a turbo for my Smart. haha

9. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI

Ahahahaha..lol.. yeah thats for SHOW OFF only spoiler on my CRV i think.

[​IMG]

and here other OUTSIDE accessories

http://honda.com.tr/accesories.aspx?type=Otomobil&series=crv&group=dis-aksesuarlar

and i want to add that i hate how VW is marketing their vehicles and try to position their vehicles expensive in Turkey. a fcking TIGUAN with no sunroof and non auto transmission with non leather seats ..just nothing..16" non 4x4 and its 35k euros here..

FCKKKK..u can buy any compact SUV with FULL options here.. thats TIGUAN i talk about was just 23k last year. with new design they ask this money.

Yeah VW try to position ur car with BMW or AUDI vehicles. U MORONS. i hated VW passat etc previous years..and now hate much with their asking too much money . and as i see seat cars has same interior of VW..i think they r manufactured in same BAND or how u call it. WV interior is so cheap.

Last edited: May 13, 2011
  10. aircool

aircool Don Aircooleone Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 560 Ti 448 Core
    Bit of a non statement tbh.

The main thing is how its treated, in the sense that its more likely a case of Euro cars have finer tolerences but more likely better ownership and service arrangements (although that still would be debatable!).

11. PurpleFish

PurpleFish Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX GTX260 c216 @ 780core
    WHAT? Your facts are wrong sorry.

Please read this my friend.

http://knol.google.com/k/james-bleeker/automobile-quality-by-car-brand-and/3o3u27f0whd6k/2#

Actually between 1990 and 2010 The American brands have the lowest ratings. Where VW has one of the highest.

12. aircool

aircool Don Aircooleone Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 560 Ti 448 Core
  13. apintojr

apintojr Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX3070
    i posted a while back. car was all snowed up. here she is nice and clean.

05 G35 AWD sedan.
    BC coilovers
    19x8.5 245/40/19
    front lip got ripped off doing a little snow drifting =/

[​IMG]

14. PurpleFish

PurpleFish Master Guru

GPU:
    You can look anywhere you want the facts are that Toyota and Honda have been consistently building the most reliable cars in the world with GM and Chrysler consistently being among the worst. Those sadly are the facts.

15. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    I thought and used bmw and mercedes vehicles before and i can easly say they r reliable etc. But now with first time honda onwer (crv) , and bro has accord too. Such surprising brand. Reliable materials r as good as bmw. Bro had corolla 3 years ago and it was 1 fine car. I mean, no problems, no engine sound, nothing was wrong. Materials they builded the car was awesome.

But today even in here people dont want or have doubts about

Jeep
    Chevrolet
    Chrysler
    Nissan
    Citroen
    Pejout

Actually most loved brand here is VW and Renault. Especialy Vw. Audi follows then merceds and bmw. Hyundai has agood share too.

16. PurpleFish

PurpleFish Master Guru

GPU:
    Yea Hyundai and it's sister Kia are soon to take the places previously held by Honda and Toyota. Build quality and reliability are among the highest in the industry right now!

17. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    eVGA RTX 2070
    Kia.... bleh. Never did like those. The Soul just irritates me. No matter how much i look at that car, something just doesn't seem right.

18. PurpleFish

PurpleFish Master Guru

GPU:
    Funny I love the Nissan Cube but cant stand the look of the Soul.

19. nm+

nm+ Don Cappuccino Staff Member

GPU:
    old
    Putting aside all of the stats issues with CR
    That shows VW in 2010 to be pretty crappy (was better in 1990).
    And I never said American cars were with Toyota and Honda (though today, the new Fords and GMs are pretty damn good), but no worse than VW, Italians or French, which that bears out.

---------------
    Ah ah! Overnight parts. From Japan
    [​IMG]

oooh
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 14, 2011
  20. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    eVGA RTX 2070
    Hmm.... it's a good thing they actually wrote out "Limited Slip Differential" under "L.S.D." haha.

PurpleFish: Really? EEEW! How the hell can anyone love a car that has an optional patch of shag carpeting on the dashboard? I mean WTF, Nissan... it was 2010 when you introduced that car.... not 1960.... and the Cube is no shaggin-wagon. lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.