Vehicles of Guru3D

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by -Ruin-, Sep 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
  2. PhatKat

PhatKat Banned

GPU:
    Hawk 5770 1.02G/1.4G H2O
  3. WildStyle

WildStyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
  4. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 1070
    PhatKat: Nah... wasn't much of a car to begin with. And i like how they say it "Runs nice" with the 26" wheels. Yea... RUNNING nice is one thing.... being DRIVABLE is another.

scheherazade: You basically described exactly how i drive. I usually don't think about what could potentially go wrong. I don't worry about deer running in front of me.... i don't worry about slipping on the ice/snow... i don't worry about hydroplaning in the rain. If i worry about anything, it's the other idiots on the road. I kinda take the "the more you worry about something, the more likely it is it will happen" approach. Seems like the only time i have an issue with deer or anything like that is if i'm thinking about them.

As for the Lotus being low.... So is my parent's Trans-Am.... and so is your Vette. Any low car, whether it's got a 4 cylinder or an 8, will feel faster... as you said... because of relativity. You're closer to the ground, thus have something closer to you that's moving extremely fast. Hop into a truck, and you feel like you're not moving. It still kinda stands though.... if you can't enjoy your car just by driving it, then you picked the wrong car. If it's not fun to drive unless you're driving it fast... then why have it? I love driving my Smart no matter what speed i'm going. I love people's reactions to it (very few people ever seem to have a negative comment)... i love how it's kinda sporty, not so much in the acceleration/speed but moreso in the handling (although it can be quite surprising when pulling out). It's just a joy to drive in. My friend called it a death trap basically from the time i ordered mine til the time he got to drive it. Then he liked driving it.

And i just love Lotus's for their looks. They're just absolutely stunning. ...... being able to outmaneuver an Apache helps, too....

Last edited: Nov 13, 2010

5. scheherazade

scheherazade Ancient Guru

GPU:
    fullHDs
    Oh come now... A lotus to a trans-am, is like a trans-am to an F150.
    There's barely more than a soda can between the asphalt and the skin of your butt...

I have an R35 GTR.
    SeaplanePilot has the Vette :)

It definitely does a lot of it.

But the light weight does tons in itself.
    You get this awesome combination of soft spring rates + low weight = stiff ride, but it isn't jarred by bumps.

The lack of power steering gives great feedback, and a twitchy feeling.
    It feels like it wants to scoot off where you point it. It feels 'quick'.

There's a lot of down force with the integrated hood-wing, so you get a lot of grip.
    Combined with the light weight, you don't have a lot of tyre-push when you crank the wheel over. It's on rails.
    You won't hear any tyre squeal, you won't feel any sliding. It just shoves you to the side.

The throttle response is also really instant.
    Any touch is go go go, and since it weighs nothing, you get a lot of 'seat pressure' at lower speeds. Like you would with a shifter cart, but not as extreme.

You just have to sit in it and feel it.
    The car can just be summed up as : "It feels fast. In your butt, in your hands - it channels quick"

Nice Top Gear reference :p

-scheherazade

Last edited: Nov 13, 2010
  6. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 1070
    Yea.... that was one of my favorite bits on Top Gear. Lotus Exige. Although.... the Bugatti Veyron being taken up to it's top speed on that test track was freakin sweet, too. Especially the part where they basically say that the at it's max speed, the tires won't last long, but the fuel will be gone much sooner.

7. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 390 8GB
  8. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro Staff Member

GPU:
    -
    Well, I was going to get an FD3S but I decided to have my midlife crisis instead. My new baby:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2nd Datsun project in the thread :nerd:

It's a 260z, ID plate in the engine bay = car number 000244 :banana:

9. Stephan.nl

Stephan.nl Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070
    That Datsun is beautiful, I've always wanted one since I saw one of them on a picture! Must be so much fun to drive :D

10. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700 XT UV 1950~
    tbh i want 260z and i want FD3S too lol :D very very nice looking car

11. MM10X

MM10X Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 56
    Welcome to the addiction of datsuns. goto Ratsun.net!(my nickname there is stupid_fast, ollz) A great forum for datsun info.

That thing is sweet, get tripple sidedrafts for it! :D

Last edited: Nov 22, 2010
  12. lillelj

lillelj Maha Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 675M
    Lovely Datsun you got there morbias!:)

I'll of course get some pics up if it works out. I could possibly be the new owner of 'Mint' BMW 325i Sport E30 (best ever). I'm gonna keep it as a second car 'project'. Not even got it yet and thinking about plans for it in the near future.:banana:

13. bobdude

bobdude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6gb
    [​IMG]

my next ride

14. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    mate!! you have to take me for a spin in that!!!

15. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 1070
    Bob: if they actually DO release that.... what is (or was) the 2011 Corvette Stingray Concept.... *drool*. Right now the only reborn muscle car i even give two sh*ts about is the Challenger. The new Mustangs and Camaro's..... feh.

16. -Ruin-

-Ruin- Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1060 6GB
    I finally got some pictures of my new car! Its a Buick Lacrosse CX, powered by the well known Buick 3.8L V6. I'm absolutely loving this car!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    RIP lol

[​IMG]

18. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro Staff Member

GPU:
    -
    ouch, how..?

19. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    oh well, drove to tesco last night to get some stuff... and I was on my way home, drove into the M3 roundabout and the car just under steered badly, tried to correct it before running into the side of the road but then it just snapped on me twice and smash... Definite write off so I'll be scrapping it and then get a similar car again... Looks like I'm made of money, right??? :)

20. Copey

Copey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    960 2GB
    Yeah roads are leathal,it was a ford tho lol

With me having a quick diesel doesnt help either, understeers like mad and cant get grip because of the torque.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.