Vehicles of Guru3D

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by -Ruin-, Sep 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MM10X

MM10X Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 56
    Just for fun, I stuck the wheels of my dads S2000 onto my Toyota Cressida just to see if they would fit. Thinking of trying to find a set of these at a junk yard.

[​IMG]

The other car is still under construction...

2. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    you should tint the back windows 5%

3. MM10X

MM10X Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 56
    How does this improve performance?

4. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    for looks

5. Gibbonlimbs

Gibbonlimbs Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 680 4GB Jet****** SLI
    Hey up people! This is my ride. Owned her for 6 years, only finished putting on the new front end today, Well pleased with it. Hope your enjoy having a look!

Cheers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dB979kBpLdg

6. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro Staff Member

GPU:
    -
    I love the FD3S, I'm going to be getting one as soon as my RX7 fund is big enough for a decent one with a rebuilt engine :)

Nice clean example you have there, rotaries ftw :rock:

7. Gibbonlimbs

Gibbonlimbs Master Guru

GPU:
    Yeah, the Rotaries rule! :rock: 300bhp, 0-60 in 4.7 sec`s. She is a animal. Hope you get a nice one mate.

8. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro Staff Member

GPU:
    -
    There's a really cheap wide body rolling chassis with what looks like an Re Amemiya kit for sale on PistonHeads, but I think it would be way too much of a mission to fit it with an engine and transmission. It would be pretty badass though, ah I can dream

9. Gibbonlimbs

Gibbonlimbs Master Guru

GPU:
    There is alot of nice ones on Pistonheads. You can get some really nice body kits. I'm really happy with my '99 spec look though. I'm always having people asking what the car is. They always look puzzled when I say Mazda. I'm saving for a new clutch and fly wheel next. Why is it always money money money with cars and PC's? I'm always getting grief off the other half... They just don't understand and never will...

10. Frag-master

Frag-master Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX960 Mini OC
    Went on ride today and had couple picks taken :)

enjoy

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 2, 2010

11. izikog

izikog Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6950@70 910/1400
    :thumbup::tomcat:

12. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Bought an older Honda Accord 2.0i a few weeks ago. I decided long ago that as a uni student I didn't need a car and that I would manage with my bike (after all, it has kept me in good shape...) to keep costs down, but last winter took all my motivation away. It was a hard, hard winter with boatloads of snow and very cold weather. I'm well versed in winter biking, but that was too much even for me. Relying completely on a bike only in northern Norway is demanding.

So yeah anyway, found this on a car auction site on the net and went with a mate and had a look. Looked fine so I bought it. It has quite a lot of miles on it, but it's well kept and the previous owner has put down a lot of money on changing most, if not all the usual wear & tear parts, including the clutch. It has new tyres (including new studded winter tyres) so all in all I think I did a decent deal. It's actually very nice to drive, too.

Pics pulled from the ad, not mine.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. aircool

aircool Don Aircooleone Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 560 Ti 448 Core
    Nice one, could see it coming eventually but not so soon.

Getting rid of the towbar?

14. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Nope, I want it to haul trailers, which I will do quite often for moving things around. I specifically wanted one. I'll buy a cap for it though :p

15. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA RTX 2070
    Not mine (thank GOD... wouldn't drive the thing if they gave it to me free of charge).... but just HAD to post this. One of the most horrible things i've ever seen someone do... to a JEEP!

[​IMG]

And before someone says it.... yeah.... there's nothing under that fugly hood that would need the even fuglier scoops. I looked in the ends of them and all i saw were what i believe might have been air conditioning lines.... or maybe coolant..... don't remember. But no noticable air cleaner or anything like that. Hell, there wasn't even any kind of grill to attempt to prevent any gnarly debris from taking a trip through his engine compartment.

edit: Just noticed how far back the seats are leaning.... that could explain the horrendous act performed on it. Also funny cause, as far as i'm aware, it's illegal to not have reflectors over the indicator lights.

edit #2: also kinda funny... just noticed that the name given to the pic by my iPhone happens to be "bcbeeef9".

Last edited: Aug 3, 2010

16. MM10X

MM10X Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 56
    What is this... "looks" you speak of?

17. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    eVGA RTX 2070
    You know.... kinda like how you see those little vents on the fenders of high-end cars..... looks.

18. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    exactly ElementalDragon you understand what I meant.a fast car with standard windows is just way to meh and need to be tinted to look as good as the car performs if you understand what i'm saying now.

19. MM10X

MM10X Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 56
    Sorry, I would never spend money tinting my windows when I could spend it in performance parts.

I dont even like tinted windows anyways. :flip2:

I do want to get a BRE front air dam for my goon, same fitting for 2dr/4dr/wagon.
    [​IMG]

20. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    eVGA RTX 2070
    main reason i'd ever really wanna get my windows tinted is for temperature benefits.... keep some of that summertime heat out. Keep thinking about getting my Smart's windows tinted. Probably wouldn't do the stupid crap a lot of people do though... getting them tinted so dark you can hardly see out of them from the inside, let alone in from the outside...... kinda like the jeep i posted. still absolutely freakin horrid.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.