Vehicles of Guru3D

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by -Ruin-, Sep 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FlawleZ

FlawleZ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon R9
    Thanks! Surprised to see someone calling it that here, let alone knowing what it is at all. ;)

2. PistolGripPump

PistolGripPump Maha Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 260 896MB
    Whats "Le Cordon Bleu at SCI?" I have not been up that way in a while, but I know where Hayden and Cambelback is because Scottsdale Fashion Square is up in that area.

3. panZEr330

panZEr330 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX280 @666/2333
    Just picked this up last week, cleaned her up and changed fluids. Performance mods are on order.

(lifted up in first pic to change diff oil, 2nd pic it's up because I was fitting subrame connectors and prepping to weld in)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 1, 2009
  4. Anubis

Anubis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 760 4GB
    Really a nice beast Psychlone, respect!

5. Copey

Copey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    960 2GB
    I was going to say, the thing looks mint, very proffesional looking.

6. Psychlone

Psychlone Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD5970 Engineering
    Thanks guys - but mine isn't the only nice beast in this thread! (but it is nice to be noticed...you should see the looks I get from the local PD when I pull my 'Vette out!)

...Speaking of which...;)
    SCI is Scottsdale Culinary Institute - I graduated from their Le Cordon Bleu program as the first class to do so back in 2000. Oh, and Fashion Square? Can we all say HOLY CRAP! Talk about $$money$$ !!! (oh, and *girls*!)

So, wanna race against that (more than likely) Police Charger or Mustang against my blue car?? ;) (last time I raced a PD, it didn't go so good...:D)

Psychlone

7. FlawleZ

FlawleZ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon R9
    Psychlone, how much power does your Vette make? Sorry if you mentioned it earlier in the thread.

8. easy2007

easy2007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX470 4GB
    i walk everywhere as long as its not further than 3 miles :p otherwise public transport :D

but i am now planing on getting a Honda CBR125R thought it would be a great learner bike :p

9. barwell1992

barwell1992 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS gtx560ti on T260HD
    dont bother i went from a 50cc to a 660cc with no problems at all just get a biger bike look about 2 pages back and you will see my bike (the MT-03)

ps im 17 :D

10. PistolGripPump

PistolGripPump Maha Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 260 896MB

Most of the girls up there are snobby and think that their "sh!t" don't stink. LOL! :wanker:

I'm not with a PD as of yet. I'll be sure to look for you(in a car with disco lights on the roof and make sounds like -- whoop whoop) whenever I get hired by one. :)

11. Psychlone

Psychlone Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I figure about 745HP and 830TQ, but I've never had it on a Dyno - the closest one is about 140 miles away, and running 130 octane AvGas, well, let's just say there aren't enough airports between here and there...combined with the fact that I don't own a trailer to get it there.
    I followed a 'How to HotRod a Small Block Chev' manual, where they pulled 685 horses from the same exact pre-1966 small block 327ci that I've got - 'cept I dumped around $6500 *more* into my block and heads than they did in the manual.
    There were all kinds of tricks, like deburring the conn-rods, chamfering out the oil galley holes, floating wrist pins, port-matching/polishing the intake to the heads and the heads to the headers, and on and on...

However, anyone that knows 'Vettes knows that they're actually fairly heavy. Mine weighs in at 2965 with me and 7 gallons of AvGas in it - I've done a lot to get it lean and mean...and the only time I got a slip on a real track, I was told to not bring it back without a 28pt roll cage, 5pt harnesses, helmet and fire extinguisher - after my run, dude came over and told me he never wanted to see the car again without some safety mods...I asked why, and he said that I pulled 10.22 spinning the entire way down the track - which he explained with some drag radials or slicks, I'd be in the 9 second bracket. - Exactly where I wanted to be, but without all the safety crap.

You know, I'm not entirely sure their sh1t does in fact stink - you seen 'em, right? Some of the hottest women on the face of the planet reside in Scottsdale!

And, funny you should say that about looking for me - 'cause that's exactly what the local PD told me they were going to do to my car when I got busted racing it...just dropped out of 2nd at 120MPH and passed a cop going the other direction - then saw the guy I was racing (behind me about 10 lengths) get squirrely on his brakes and dart down a side-street, so I figured I'd do the same...*OF COURSE* the cop came after the 'Vette - I was in *front*.
    That was 14 or 15 years ago...I had to get my record expunged and everything so I could open my restaurant and get a full-restaurant liquor license here in UT. - Haven't had a single ticket since!!

Someone earlier asked how many of us have vehicles that the bank owns (via lease/finance/etc) - well, all mine are bought and paid for (and, well, *badass*)
    1972 Camaro SS 396
    1974 Corvette Stingray
    1979 Camaro RS 350
    1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP
    2007 Nissan Titan ("Psychlone")

Psychlone

12. FlawleZ

FlawleZ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon R9
    What was your trap speed? Is it still a 327ci? That's A TON of torque from just a 327! I'm assuming that's with spray, right?

Last edited: Jun 4, 2009
  13. Mannerheim

Mannerheim Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus HD6950 2GB
    My vehicle.. uses 2L gas / 100km.. incurance 100€/y. Driven 15.000km so far from 2005..

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 4, 2009
  14. barwell1992

barwell1992 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS gtx560ti on T260HD
    ^^^ oo nasty scrape on it did you come off or was it droped ??

what cc is it and the top speed

15. Psychlone

Psychlone Ancient Guru

GPU:
    120MPH @ the end of the quarter (don't remember where my timeslip is, and can't remember 60')

...and, no, no NOS at all, but like I said, I really have no idea exactly how much torque it produces, just that I followed a 'How To Hot Rod a Small Block Chev' and that they were in the high 600's for HP and TQ, and with a good chunk of change less than what I dumped into mine.

I'll try to find the manual I used online and you can follow through - but my spex are a little different (i.e. beefier cam, stud girdle, roller everything, etc.)

Psychlone

**EDIT: don't have enough time to find the exact articles to search for on the 'net, but these are the 3 books that I used and one of them has all the info for the 'Bracket Racing 327'

The Chevrolet Racing Engine By Bill Jenkins w/ Larry Schreib ISBN 0-931472-01-6 Part No. 01-6 (1988)
    How to Hotrod Small-block Chevys By Bill Fisher & Bob Waar ISBN 0-912656-06-9 LOC Cat # 73-173702
    Chevrolet High Performance Tips & Techniques By Peterson Publishing/Brooklands Books ISBN 1-85520-0775

It's in one of those...I just can't remember which parts came from which book since it's been like 16 years since I built the engine...

Psychlone

Last edited: Jun 5, 2009

16. Nimz

Nimz Member

GPU:
    EVGA NVIDIA GTX275 1792MB
    I despise Louisiana's laws. The front windows can't be less than 50%, yet Texas can be down to 25%. Fix-it tickets suck though. Such a hassle to get around them.

Here are a few night shots of the interior. A few are...off, I had a setting wrong on the camera but kept them anyway.
    In the future, actually I'm always looking at changing out the seats to the Hummer leather ones. They are practically bolt in but there's some harness work with hooking up the heated seats. The H3 Alphas would be awesome if I could ever find a set. The second I see some on ebay they are already up to $600. :bang:

On to the interior LEDs!

Note the bland factory footwell lights, omg awful. The glow is from the map lights, still a bit too light outside to see them well enough.
    [​IMG]

Better pic of the map lights.
    [​IMG]

And afterward.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

In Louisiana, we don't have mud...we have this sticky **** called red clay.
    [​IMG]

Oh, and there's a 78 Vette under the garage too. It needs leaf springs and some interior stitching but otherwise runs like day 1.
    [​IMG]

17. avivoni

avivoni Ancient Guru

GPU:
    560ti 448 classified
    jag and eclipse.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. HeavyH20

HeavyH20 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 280 Tri SLI
    I am old, so I drive a Caddie :)

The young parts like the LS6 400 BHP engine, 6 speed manual and Brembo brakes. A very fun mix.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 6, 2009
  19. Mannerheim

Mannerheim Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus HD6950 2GB
    50cc LOL ... about 60km/h max xD

20. barwell1992

barwell1992 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS gtx560ti on T260HD
    haha lol tune it up i could get 55mph(88.51kph) out of mine and im 16 stone (95kg) my 50cc was a gilera DNA

thorght i would show this as its just pure class

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.