Vehicles of Guru3D

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by -Ruin-, Sep 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. barwell1992

barwell1992 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS gtx560ti on T260HD
    i have had 45mph down a 20ft road gap :D does that count lol

2. JxL

JxL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMR FirePro Dual D500
    id like to see a video :D

3. nm+

nm+ Don Cappuccino Staff Member

GPU:
    old
    This
    [​IMG]
    On this:
    [​IMG]
    mmmmmm

4. barwell1992

barwell1992 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS gtx560ti on T260HD
    pfft what of me nailing my self in to a bush on the landing haha na deleted that one lol hurt like hell

5. barwell1992

barwell1992 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS gtx560ti on T260HD
    new bike soon to be :D:D

MT-03 660cc

[​IMG]

6. MrDre

MrDre Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX570
    And here's mine:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Eric1987

Eric1987 Banned

GPU:
    HIS 4870 1GB
    Nice is that the Turbo?

8. MrDre

MrDre Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX570
    Yes it is.

Actually it's the limited edition Carlos Sainz version.

9. Tom F

Tom F Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saab 900
    Good going. Was that with the panniers?

Is that a picture from when you rode accross the US? I'm increasingly thinking that that is something I need to do, or maybe to Amsterdam or something. Deffinetly need a long distance tour under my belt.

10. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    Well i'm going to try to get a photo of the car my dad is going to give me in a month or two but he's giving me his 1985 Chevrolet el camino. which has between 150,000-165,000 miles on the original eninge,and he is going to fix the engine for me.

11. Marduk-

Marduk- Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 8800GT @ 680/1800

Ooh very nice 5thGen GTFour Celica.

Personally I prefer the shape of the 6thgen GTFour but the 5thgen is a very very nice car as well.

12. nm+

nm+ Don Cappuccino Staff Member

GPU:
    old
    Yeah. Completely loaded on the x-country.
    I also did one from Amsterdam to paris many years ago. Netherlands and (Northern) Belgium were amazing riding. When you did encounter a car they didn't hate you.
    The Walloons and French hated your ass, but that was because you were an english speaker. ;)
    Lots of hostels everywhere meas you could probably do it sans a tent.

13. JohnMaclane

JohnMaclane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8800GTS 640mb
    Tomz im getting my first ride!

1990 mitsubishi lancer, not a ferrari but it only cost me 1800 euro will post pics tomorrow.

14. barwell1992

barwell1992 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS gtx560ti on T260HD
    kwl good look hope you enjoy it

15. V4.SKUNK

V4.SKUNK Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800GTS 640 (G80)
    Dude i'm 24, have been driving and have a no claims bonus of 6 years.
    A Clio V6 is a group 20 car...I have never got a quote on a V6, (because they are crap) But i have had a quote on a Mitsubishi Evo VII GSR, it was £2400 fully comp on a 9k car......Your mate wouldn't have even got insured, unless he was paying about £3500+ 3rd party fire and theft.

On another note though i'm paying a little under £750 a fully comp on a 53 plate 04 model Civic type-R(group17)

16. barwell1992

barwell1992 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS gtx560ti on T260HD
    i never sead it was for me and u can get it cheeper than what you qoted

17. Tom F

Tom F Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saab 900
    I've heard the riding in France is amazing (roads and people). I have a friend who's living out there next year who's very into road riding too so I'd like to pop over there on the ferry and do some miles. I'm keen to go riding somewhere where you're not either climbing or descending 15% hills all the time like I am here...with France being relatively flat (compared with Devon) I imagine you can just hammer out mile after mile - which sounds amazing to me.

Still. Hills aren't all bad...though I can imagine having a different view after dragging a fully loaded tourer up a huge drag on tired length after many days in the saddle...

V4.SKUNK - who are you insured with? Adrian Flux? I got some quotes on insurance and it'd cost me somewhere in the region of £1200 I think for 3rd party on a Fiat Coupe 20VT - which is group 19. I'm surprised the Type-R is 'only' 17, that's quite cool. But anyway, I'm 21 and have no ncb (not the policy holder - my Dad uses the car more than I do) - so a tad over £1k on a group 19 car seemed quite good. Think it was with Admiral and a £150 excess. Not sure what the premium is for fully comp over 3rd party...

18. tHe_HyBrId

tHe_HyBrId Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6950 (Unlocked)
    Joining in with the 'Dad with a Saab' club.. :p

My dad just got a '56 9-5 (Estate) with 177hp 1.9 TD Vector Sport (Hirsch Performance Tuned from standard 150hp with the new 2009 program tuning program)

Sure it's not very fast pulling away but I think Saabs are all about the overtaking.. that old 40-70mph in the Saab Aero trick that Top Gear raved about for a while :p

I just wish it was a Black Turbo X... http://jalopnik.com/cars/frankfurt-...ow-saab-21st-century-black-turbo-x-298446.php

Nice Saab 93 Aero too, can't remember who posted that one :)

:p

HyBrId

19. Tom F

Tom F Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saab 900
    Yeah, you really feel the inertia of the engine pulling away in first. I found that driving a diesel Punto - a lot faster when the turbo is spinning but in the low gears off boost they're not as fun to drive.

Great for burning people though lol

I really like the Turbo X. I get the feeling with that that GM let them get on with it a bit more than interfering with seemingly everything...

Chavvy as it is, I really like the wheels. A nice nod to the 3 spoke ones on the old cars.

20. tHe_HyBrId

tHe_HyBrId Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6950 (Unlocked)
    I wouldn't call it chavvy as I don't imagine many chavs would buy a Saab :p Like you said, it's gonig back to Saabs root from the old cars ;)

Plus I think Saab needed a more powerful car to take them up a league, although saying that I have no idea how fast an Aero feels as a passenger, let alone a Turbo X :p

HyBrId

Last edited: Mar 11, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.