Vehicles of Guru3D

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by -Ruin-, Sep 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tom F

Tom F Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saab 900
    Probably a bit focused for road use I wreckon. Could probably be made road legal fairly easily though - cat and maybe a slightly less agressive map to sort out the emissions as by the looks of it everything else is already there...

2. barwell1992

barwell1992 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS gtx560ti on T260HD
    ye hmm and some tires that arnt slick's lol i love the design thogh verry nice in deed

3. Tom F

Tom F Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saab 900
    Yeah lol that might help. I really hope they make it look like that when it comes out. I love it. So many cool concepts never make it - I really hope this one does.

Here's a random one. Again, I think this is one of the most awesome looking cars ever. Wicked colour too - it's perfect IMO - if a little pedestrian unfriendly.

[​IMG]

Shame it was only a design excersize and that's the only one. Very special :)

4. barwell1992

barwell1992 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS gtx560ti on T260HD
    lol now stick a blade on that front edge and go chav hunting a hope tey are playing chicken across the road mwuhahahahaaaaa

5. nm+

nm+ Don Cappuccino Staff Member

GPU:
    old
    They are ****ing sweet.
    If I had one I'm might change the wheel to a similar sized non-TRX wheel though. Needs tires not designed in the early 80s :)
    Some day, I want to own one of thses.

6. V4.SKUNK

V4.SKUNK Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800GTS 640 (G80)
    Good luck finding insurance on a Clio V6 at 21:banana:
    Also how the hell do you put a dump valve on a NA car???:wanker:

7. Tom F

Tom F Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saab 900
    Yep. I think modern tyre and brake technology would only only improve things, probably make it much more exploitable. I'd love to own one too.

Edit: on the subject of insurance, I got some quotes for various cars a few days back. Considering I'm 21 (though I do have a clean license), I was quite surprised:

Volvo 850 T5-R: £1086
    Subaru Legacy GTB: £1407
    Fiat Bravo HGT: £964
    Fiat Coupe 20VT: £1372
    Alfa GTV: £1261

Very surprised at how cheap it is for me to get insurance for a >150mph car which will do 0-60 in under 7 seconds ;)

Puts ideas in my head. A fast Volvo is a very cool thing.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 3, 2009
  8. barwell1992

barwell1992 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS gtx560ti on T260HD
    ye i know some one thats 21 who has 1 ;) and you can put a bump valv on the tubo'd version there should be some on autotrader well there usualy is (and its moded by a company that buys the cars new then sells them pree fited)

search it u should come up with somthink

9. Tom F

Tom F Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saab 900
    You can get insured on anything at 21 if you pay enough...

10. barwell1992

barwell1992 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS gtx560ti on T260HD
    well if i can get insured on a Yamaha R6 at 17 ye u can lol

11. nm+

GPU:
    old
    Eh, the FWD 850s aren't that great. What's a V70R cost to insure other there? Watch out for failing center diffs on track only.

Now a RWD volvo wagon with an LS swap, mmmmmmm.

edit: a crate LS9 is $20k ;)

12. Tom F

Tom F Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saab 900
    I did mention that earlier I think - keeping mind you're talking to an impoverished student here though.

I'd love a V70R - but they're just too expensive. A nice RWD 240 would be good. As would an LS9...

As it stands, a scrapyard turbo build would be the way I'd go. Get the engine and head out of a 940, skim the pistons, balance it, and strap a hefty turbo on it.

Apparently good for 400ft/lbs of torque - so not too far off the LS9 anyway lol

Probably not quite as refined/efficient/easy to drive, but a lot cheaper, and it would be pretty funny...

http://www.turbobricks.com/feature.php?content=spring_08

Have a look at that.

Would be a fantastic project methinks. The 850 would probably be a relatively good compromise, if a little on the hefty side. And they are FWD...

A Legacy GT-B would be nice - just a shame most of them are imports and automatic.

13. MrCompillitrate

MrCompillitrate Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080ti/960m
    Looking at some z28's hopefully i can get one soon.

14. nm+

GPU:
    old
    Is your LGT a 2.5 turbo or a 3.0 H6?
    Because I have a 2.5T LGT (5-speed). It is awesome, but I think the 2.5 turbo LGT is North America only. Uses the (export) STI 2.5 block with a slightly smaller turbo for 250 stock HP.

I did a track day with a volvo club a few months ago. The FWD volvos are certainly not as popular. If I was buying an FWD swedish car it would be a Viggen.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2009
  15. jumjumski

jumjumski Member Guru

GPU:
    mobility 4570
    Here's my 92'' FairladyZ,manual gearbox and 286hp :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Tom F

Tom F Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saab 900
    The GT-B is a GT with the factory Bilstein suspension upgrade. Most of them seem to be JDM imports, although I have a hunch that it was an option on the UK spec cars.

I think it might be 2 litre? They're twin turbo, rated at 280bhp - though this does seem to be a lot for a 2 litre. Could be 2.5, but 2.0 sticks in my head.

I'm a big fan of fast estate cars. Something very nice about the Legacy - very fast but also understated, which is a very good combination in my book. Not a fan of showy cars.

Fast Saabs are cool too. The 900 and 9000 Carlsson are awesome cars in my book, although I hear the torque steer is beyond a joke. I have a lot of love for Saab. I think it's a real shame what GM have done to them, how they've really lost their identity now. I hope GM sells them to someone who will make them what they once were. A whale-tail 900 T16S would be high up on my list of cars too. I remember a really nice 9000 Carlsson for sale not far from me last year - unfortunately I was in no position to buy a car at the time (much like now - can't stop spending on the bike...)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 5, 2009
  17. barwell1992

barwell1992 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS gtx560ti on T260HD
    my dad has the new saab 93 aero sport 2.0 ttid 195bhp i think it ok for a disle i supose its an estate

[​IMG] like that but grey

18. Tom F

Tom F Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saab 900
    195hp is ok for a 2.0T petrol, let alone a diesel ;)

Supposed to be an amazing engine, the TTiD.

The Saab diesels are fantastic - I think they are made by Fiat? My Dad drives an '06 9-3 with the 150hp 1.9 TD. <<60mpg in a car that big is very impressive. It doesn't really have that much character though - it's a nice car, but doesn't 'feel' like a Saab to me. He prefers driving the Fiat too lol

19. barwell1992

barwell1992 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS gtx560ti on T260HD
    lol ye its the same car just new front end that it its great when the second turbo kicks in lol

he had a for mondeo st220 befor that now that was a quick car but my mums mini cooperS aint to shabby ether lol but ye verry nice comfortable car :) he chose that over a audi A4 s line sport

20. Tom F

Tom F Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saab 900
    We had an A4 before. It was better built, but absolutely everyone has an A4. The Saab is quicker and handles better too than the 1.9TDi Audi.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.