Vehicles of Guru3D

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by -Ruin-, Sep 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. V4.SKUNK

V4.SKUNK Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800GTS 640 (G80)
    Why don't you re-map the ECU on your Audi??? You should be able to get 170+bhp, it only costs about £150 as well.

2. Tom F

Tom F Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saab 900
    Hampered by slow parts suppliers, but this should give some clues ;)

[​IMG]

Rover V8 powerred, should weigh around 800kg. Yes we are going to paint it ;)

When I'm at home I drive this. Was going to get a Sporting but in the end decided it wasn't worth the extra insurace. Might put some Sporting wheels on it though, they look nice. 2002 Fiat Punto Dynamic - not fast, but it's petrol and I've had over 64mpg out of it on a long trip - so it's dirt cheap to run ;)

[​IMG]

The best thing in the world:

[​IMG]

2008 Bianchi Via Nirone 7 - I absolutely adore it. Sorry for the cruddy picture. For those who are interested, it's Campagnolo, naturally. Mirage components, FSA cranks with Miche/Ambrosio wheels. Thinking about buying some Campagnolo Neutrons for it for some races this summer.

Taking it home on tuesday - it's an 80 mile ride so if you could all pray for good weather I'd appreciate it!

Edit: And yes, VAG diesels are very refined. Same with the new FIAT ones, got one in the Saab. 1.9 TiD 16v with 150hp - the EGV valve got stuck due to the crappy diesel we have here, but it's all good. Surprisingly quick too :)

The Saab is going soon though cos Dad uses the Punto for work when I'm not around to steal it. (I'd sooner take the Bianchi anyway - just it's not that great for passengers :p)

Last edited: Dec 13, 2008
  3. BaDmOfO

BaDmOfO Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 liquid
    06 Grand Prix GXP 5.3L 303hp
    [​IMG]

4. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    sir you are a genius, i demand more information!!!

5. Tom F

Tom F Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saab 900
    Well, it's a Mk3a Pilgrim Sumo.

Ford Sierra suspension and diff (sporting pedigree ;)), with a Rover SD1 engine and gearbox.

The engine is a 3.5 litre Rover V8, with twin SU carbs - should be around 190hp, but it's probably a bit less by now...we might rebuild it or hold off and sell it in a couple of years to go for a more high-end, Jaguar based Chevrolet powered car.

This is more at the 'entry level' of the Cobra market, though it is one of the lightest Cobra replicas out there due to the use of the Rover engine, which is an aluminium block, along with apparently very good handling as a result of the light weight.

Dave (girlfriends' Dad) bought the car off ebay in a part-finished state, as you can see it here. Due to work commitments, he doesn't have the time to build it - which is where I come in :)

It was supposed to be my job this summer, although due to slow parts suppliers (we needed a new wiring loom as the bloke who started the project had done a horrible job of it), and lack of parts availability, very little happened. We're going to get the bits ordered up during the year with a view to making some progress.

Currently the car is fitted with an automatic gearbox - I have no idea what the previous owner was thinking. The obvious choice for a lightweight Cobra replica is a stone-age 3 speed automatic, rather than the 5 speed manual gearbox that came with the car...

So that's one of the jobs that needs doing, changing the gearbox, adding the clutch pedal etc. Mechanically it's mostly there, it looks pretty sound, so it's finishing that needs doing now, along with fixing some poor solutions with fitting parts in the engine bay, such as the header tank etc. It's been put together a bit clumsily, so with a view to making the car more reliable these things need fixing too.

It's going to be painted using a traditional technique - which I'm hoping I can learn in the process. It's going to be metallic blue. There's a picture of the chassis here:

[​IMG]

This is how it looked before I started doing stuff - mainly tidying and sealing work. I don't think the car had been touched for litterally years. Looks pretty much the same now lol

[​IMG]

Obviously, the Ford Sierra wheels will be replaced with Halibrands before I'm allowing it to go out on the open road ;)

Here's a completed car I snapped at the factory: they do look nice I think. Fairly convincing, the shape is very close to the original. Oh, and this one does have the side exhausts :)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 13, 2008
  6. Mostafa Hijazi

Mostafa Hijazi Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 980 Ti SC+ SLI
    nice cars gurus.

this is my old car. RIP. it was totalled in an accident
    [​IMG]

this is my new monster. did some modifications with the front grill and the front airdam
    [​IMG]
    i have also illuminated door steps and custom horn (bosh) rear chrome wheel cover. i will take a couple of cool pics and upload it soon. hope you like it.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2008
  7. bize

bize New Member

GPU:
    evga 8800gt 512
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

my toy...heads, cam, intake, supercharger blah blah... fun

8. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB
    Was it the cup or the 172?? clio sports go like nothing ive seen for a hatchback.

9. Mostafa Hijazi

Mostafa Hijazi Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 980 Ti SC+ SLI
    no, it's the 182. it was a good car. very fast for its price.

10. matlamont

matlamont Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 280 @ 715/1528/1275
    Ok heres mine....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB
    ^^^ nice, what power/litre??

12. Marduk-

Marduk- Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 8800GT @ 680/1800
    Very nice little hatch. Would also like to know the power and weight of the car.

Here's yet another picture I took. (I have over 200 on my computer so be happy I don't post all of them :p)

[​IMG]

13. Denny85

Denny85 Master Guru

GPU:
    none
    [​IMG]

you saw it on top gear Season 12, Episode 6 ! James May drove it/

horrible car, but classic :bigsmile:

here, watch it bahhahahah! yeahh!!!!
    James is actually driving and talking about 412 model not 408.. i know cuz i got one/ LOL!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Jje8pry46E

Last edited: Dec 21, 2008
  14. matlamont

matlamont Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 280 @ 715/1528/1275
    She's a 2.0 Turbo 200HP was gonna get it re-mapped but instead im getting a new car cos i gotta baby on the way :)

Man thats some serious polishing you got going there i like it :) get some more pics and info up for me dude :)

15. Tom F

Tom F Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saab 900
    Is that an XR6?

I saw a lot of those Falcons when I was in Oz - I love them!

Holden would probably inch it for me, but those things are killer!

16. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    I love the way Falcons look, but they aren't sold in the States!!!!!!D: It makes me cry...

17. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB
    Mines supposed to be mapped on the 6th of feb, £200 for around 10-15% increase in performance, sounds ace to me lol

18. Marduk-

Marduk- Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 8800GT @ 680/1800
    Lazy mans polish (paint protection) :p. I wash the car every week and clean the interior at the same time as well so that helps :) Using photoshop really helped bring that photo out though. Probably my best shot so far. Without photoshop more photo look dull. My ****ty camera doesn't help it though. More shots here.
    http://www.bseries.com.au/cgi-bin/index.cgi?act=item&i=3198

190kw (255HP) & 383Nm (283 ft lbs) stock but weighs 1687kg dry.
    I have done a few air intake mods estimates put the power on average at 200kw (268HP) at the fly wheel. Planning on doing headers, cat & exhaust later on with a custom tune but that will come when I decided whether I want to risk it. Because legally I can't do any performance enhancing mods because i'm on my P plates.

I love little hatches if it wasn't for power restrictions on P platers I would have had a look at the XR5 Turbo.

Yep :)

Last edited: Dec 22, 2008
  19. Doug

Doug Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I looked at that pic and immediatley thought: Australia! :rolleyes:

then noticed it is :p

20. matlamont

matlamont Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 280 @ 715/1528/1275
    Thats a hungry beast! mpg? Id love to have a weekend car you know, i love audi and would love an RS4 but my girlfriend wont let me :( maybe 1 day il have 1....

Thats a nice car you got there though love the colour! its a 5 door too just what im looking for :wink:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.