Vehicles of Guru3D Thread Pt. 3

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by aircool, Nov 4, 2014.

1. IcE

IcE Don Snow Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 Mini
    That GT40 takes the cake if it's real. It's probably the only one in the whole UK.

2. kanej2007

kanej2007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Haha, no, there are several of them in the UK. That said, I've only ever seen one before and as you said, they are extremely rare to see...

3. zipper

zipper Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 680M
    Saw one in Sweden, early 70´s. Almost dropped my eyes...

4. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700 XT UV 1950~
    Ford GT 40. Those ferraris might be neat but that Ford man oh yes.

5. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro Staff Member

GPU:
    -
    Pretty sure the GT40 is a replica as there were another 4 parked out of shot!

6. IcE

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 Mini
    The original road car variants are extremely, extremely rare. Like, less than 10 are out there. I'm not saying it isn't possible though.

And yeah, it does look like a kit car. Don't think they made any in RHD (even though they were assembled in Slough)

7. morbias

GPU:
    -
  8. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB GTX 1660 Ti OC
  9. aircool

aircool Don Aircooleone Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 560 Ti 448 Core
    Have you actually been to the revival?

My brother went and apparently it was the nuts, I might have to go in the future. Will have to find some appropriate period clothing :D

In other news the black Alfa has somehow managed to get an MOT :)

10. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB GTX 1660 Ti OC
    The worse the car, the shorter the skirt, but I dont think that it would work for you... What did you do ? :)

11. morbias

GPU:
    -
    Not been myself, will possibly go to the Festival of Speed instead as none of my friends are partial to tweed!

Congrats on your Alfa making it to the MOT station :)

12. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Moderator Staff Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Figured I'd add my new-ish vehicle I got today in here. it's a 2013 Kia Optima SX Turbo with about 29K miles on it. Only one other owner. Apparently this person kept it in a garage because this is probably the cleanest I have ever seen a car. No chips, scratches, or blemishes. Even the inside looks brand new. I think I may have found another money sink because this car has potential for some upgrades.. :D

[​IMG]

13. IcE

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 Mini
    Should have got a Ford Fusion :p

JK, not bad. Nice cars, although parts cost an arm and a leg. I'd just keep it prim and proper for as long as you can. Mods delete your wallet contents way too fast.

14. PhazeDelta1

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    I'm setting aside $5000 for upgrades. That should take care of getting the cai, a new intercooler, header, downpipe , exhaust and maybe a brake upgrade. If there's anything left, I'll put it towards getting the windows tinted. :nerd:

I spent almost 3 times as much upgrading my jeep. This will probably be my last vehicle upgrade for quite a while lol

Last edited: Oct 15, 2015
  15. IcE

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 Mini
    CAI is completely useless. The intake is already low enough. Save your money there. It might be different if you were adding a nitrous injection system, but I don't think that's on the list :nerd:

I also doubt you need a bigger intercooler for the stock, tiny turbocharger. Exhaust work might be nice, but it won't sound very good for what you'd spend. It's not a V8 after all. I'll give you that stuff though, if you really want to do it.

If I were you all I'd do is tint the windows. Get a project car like an old Foxbody Mustang if you want to throw stax at something to good effect. Or focus on audio mods.

16. PhazeDelta1

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    I can't really say a CAI is completely useless. My wife has one on her STI and there is a noticeable improvement in throttle response and that additional 16HP is nice too. I'm sure it varies by vehicle, but im certain anything is better than the stock box.

17. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti H20
    That car already has a built in CAI.

CAI is for cars that have air being drawn from inside the engine bay, which is bad as hot air is not as effective for combustion.

Also agree, dont spend any money on mods, you wont get anywhere with an intercooler for a small turbo. Only viable option is maybe a tune, small turbo engines will probably get 30hp from adjusting boost.

http://www.k5optimastore.com/products/utune

dyno shows a good improvement in tq/hp

18. IcE

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 Mini
    Did you actually dyno it to see the horsepower difference? In my experience, CAI is completely placebo. It gives you nothing that the computer couldn't do by itself with the tuning parameters it controls. Unless, as Agent says, the intake is actually pulling from high in the engine bay (which cars today don't do), the 2 degrees Fahrenheit difference in air intake temperature from the default airbox to a lowered one is simply irrelevant. Them's the facts. The physics don't lie, either. Do cars magically gain 20HP when winter time comes because of the vastly lower air temp? No. The computer simply adjusts injector pulse because it's trying to maintain a specific air/fuel ratio. Without adjusting this ratio with a custom tune, denser air isn't going to help you at all.

You might have noticed a difference from a performance air filter, maybe. But even those give you like 1 horsepower outside WOT.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2015
  19. PhazeDelta1

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Yeah, it was put on a dyno the same day she got the cai. She did 2 pulls stock and 2 with the cai. I think it came out to something like 321HP after because stock it's like 305hp

The kia has a fresh air duct that goes from the front of the grille to the air box, so i'd be getting plenty of fresh air if and when I decid to get a cai because that duct gets reused. As for that tuner, I already had it saved in my cart prior to you posting the link. A friend recommend I check that site out earlier that day.:nerd:

Last edited: Oct 17, 2015
  20. jura11

jura11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080 Ti 1080 FE
    This has been our JDM Subaru Impreza Wagon WRX,started life with 250bhp and ended with 555.5bhp/520lb-ft after few years owning this wagon,at the end we are broken the car for parts:(

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Personal best on Santa Pod 1/4 mile has been 11.8395/117.45mph,that's has been with previous engine 2.1L which has run 490/480 and we are run 5 speed PPG

Quick video of PB

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgWyOdRP-Ko

And 2.35L with GT30 .63AR etc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBOMBLqLJIc

Thanks,Jura