Vehicles of Guru3D Thread Pt. 3

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by aircool, Nov 4, 2014.

1. IcE

IcE Don Snow Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 Mini
    Pretty good German dichotomy there, I'd love to have a similar garage. I'm partial to the Boxster and Cayman S in particular. What's that white car that I presume is your wife's? And you must have a nice job! Also glad to see both vehicles survived the hurricanes just fine. And that you know how to keep paint nice.

2. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 - RX 590
    Thank you my old friend. I always have had European cars by choice i like them a lot. The white car is an Acura mdx 2016 and outside there is also my Ford Raptor 2014. I'm retired already and indeed i had a very nice job , right now i'm enjoying the fruits of my long career and hard work for 25 years. Thank you for the kind words , as per the hurricane Cat 4 maria i placed all my vehicles inside a building with a parking underground and surrounded by concrete walls , so they were pretty safe. My cousin who works in an auto detailing car wash and shop take care of all my cars on a weekly basis hence why they are always waxed , shined and spotless/tip top shape.

3. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    Any of you ever done a cam swap in a LS? Seriously thinking about picking up a TSP stage 1 or stage 2 for my C6 and doing it myself.

Edit: just realized how long it's been, haha. Dead thread resurrection.

4. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    It's not an easy job I can tell you that much. I'd probably pay someone to do it. The part itself is cheap the labor is where they get you because it's not easy. Check CorvetteForum. I'd just add boost or nitrous. My old C6 made 650 wheel HP and ran 10.6 @ 136 MPH and on stock cam. Just food for thought. :)

5. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    Yeah I've looked into it a good bit. Seems like it's light heart surgery. Tbh, the most annoying part looks like getting to it with the steering rack/everything else in front of the engine. I could do boost but I've always wanted the big cam chop.

6. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    I like the sound of boost spooling over a lopey cam. Lopey cam sound like a broken car. Then again I've moved on from the LSx platform these days.

Quixz likes this.
  7. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    ^^You got more than me, i got rid of my car 2 years ago and just enjoy public transport and the feet. lol

Last edited: Feb 28, 2019
    sverek likes this.
  8. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    On the flip side I'll enjoy 10 cylinders and 9000 rpms o_O

Gotta try and keep this thread alive. Added some spacers to the R8 giving it a much better stance. :cool:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

big ROBOT bill likes this.
  9. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    ^^^Our roads here in the UK would break that into bits, never mind if and when the natives get up close to it. Lol

big ROBOT bill likes this.
  10. Koniakki

Koniakki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE

11. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2070 Super
    My last car, 2011 2.0TDi Fr version though, nippy little thing not sure what the Petrol 1.2s are like though is that with the Turbo and Supercharger?

12. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GameRock 2080
    So... I wrote off my Audi A4 1.8TFSi a couple of weeks ago and I'll be picking up my first ever Mini Cooper on Saturday. My last 2 cars were A4 so I thought I'd mix it up a little bit. It's just a standard petrol Cooper, 1.5L engine, 134 bhp. Took it for a test drive yesterday around Guildford UK and fell in love. I was also looking at Cooper S but decided to go with a regular Cooper instead, it has enough grunt. It's a 2017 model with 11k miles on the clock, black with chrome accents, direct from a Mini dealer.

Until then, I'm driving a Vauxhall Insignia SRi on a 2019 plate, surprisingly loving the car, it's a massive thing but a really comfy and well focused drive even on 20" alloys, the drive is soooo smooth.

I'll post some pics of the Mini early next week, looking forward to throw it around and modifying the thing.

13. ManofGod

ManofGod Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro
    I now own a 2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe in Energy Pearl Green. :) I now have a car that I can fully rely on for long term (200000 miles) reliability. :)

14. zipper

zipper Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 680M
    Who knows - owner for 4 Hondas in the past. Muffler broken after 1-2 years. Now Volvo, muffler still OK after 15 years. But that's things from the past.

15. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Does this count?

[​IMG]

2016 Fit Benny 3.

Parts I have coming for it are all Cult, because they're light and super durable. Nylon pedals, aluminum pegs with no sleeve, new bottom bracket, Dehart 2.4 ties with Cult rubbers, 510 gold chain, and gonna drill some holes in the bottom of the frame to help with weight. Never ran brakes on my bikes, and will continue not to!

Yogi likes this.

16. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    First time I've seen this thread floating around for a while.

I picked up some new tires this year. I didn't even realize it but I had runflats on my C6 when I bought it. I switched to non runflats. My god, I can't believe run flats are a thing. It's like a new car without those terrible stiff sidewalls. It handles better, rides better, is quieter on the highway. And a side benefit, the new tires are stickier =)

17. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    Which tires did you go with? Pilot 4S is the best all around tire at the moment on the market. I use it on both the GT-R and the R8.

18. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2080TI 11gb
    airbud7 likes this.
  19. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    I have a friend that's an employee at Conti so I got a sweet discount on Conti Extreme Contact Sports. Sure they aren't Michelins, but they also cost about half as much. Seems to stick in first gear when it's about 80 out. That's all I need tbh. I was even able to sell my old tires. All in, it was like $600 to switch everything out and get alligned. Can't argue with that...

Sounds good man, I definitely like the S550's. I'd be all in on a GT350 if I had money to throw at things.

20. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GameRock 2080
    Finally got my Mini. Had it for 10 day now, love it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

sverek likes this.