Vehicles of Guru3D Thread Pt. 3

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by aircool, Nov 4, 2014.

1. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRYX RX 580
    just changed the rims of my vette, 19 inch 8.5 front 9.5 rear z06 2015 rims, i think it looks awesome
    [​IMG]

2. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    You're thinking a Corvette is straight line only and a Camaro is a corner carver LMAO. I'm not saying the 1LE isn't a good suspension package but that thought process is further from the truth regarding a Corvette.

3. IcE

IcE Don Snow Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 Mini
    No haha, I'm not saying that. It was just a general statement that going mega fast in a straight line isn't for me. I know the Corvette can absolutely handle itself. The newer Camaro with the 1LE package isn't bad either, that's why both are on the table

4. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    True...speaking of straight line, guy in a 300C yesterday wanted a piece of Godzilla. "I just want to try you." :3eyes:

3 seconds of full throttle and storms right bye... :p

5. IcE

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 Mini
    Lmao. He didn't want to try you, he just wanted to see you do a pull...haha. You fell for it ;)

6. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT / GTX1070
    I want all that power and control while I relax in a comfy chair. I also want someone else to take the massive depreciation hit. Seems my obvious choice is gen 2 CTS-V (later body style). Hopefully I can buy within the year.

I also prefer cars that are less commonly seen. Sadly, the Vette-motor Caddy's look essentially just like the 4 cylinder ones (I'd live).

Other pre-owned options that interest me but I'm mostly afraid to own:

Bentley Continental GT
    Mercedes AMG (many models fit the bill)
    Maserati Quattroporte (I just love these)
    VW Phaeton V12

The "sensible" person in me is also interested in the 2014-15 Hyundai Equus {Ultimate}. Big luxury car with 430HP, techno goodies, really comfy seats and light self-driving capabilities. Took the worst depreciation of all recently. 70k-->~20K and less. It's reliability is quite good. Handling is basically meh though.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2017
  7. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT / GTX1070
    They do look really nice on that body style. I think the black on yellow looks better than most "shiny" rims.

8. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA RTX 2070
    Don't really see the appeal of Maserati's. Yea, they look nice, and they sound nice... but the ones i've sat in... didn't feel all that comfy. Either that, or the seats need to REALLY be broken in.

While the rims do look nice, personally they're not ones i'd have chosen for that car. I dunno... to me, when a fairly small overall sized car has large wheels, it just doesn't look right.

9. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    Do you really think I didn't know that? :)

It's a common occurrence sometimes I oblige sometimes I don't. He was pretty chill about it. It's sad how slow the 300C V6 looks at full tilt.

Umm....GT-R. Lose no value whatsoever currently. I'm enjoying driving the heck out of mine. Mileage does zero to resale. :)

10. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    You gotta be gentle on those Chrysler's. Never know when they're gonna give up the ghost, lmao. :banana:

I've driven the 5.7L one and it was kinda fun. It's interesting to have a boat with AWD go as fast as it does. In comparison to a true sports car there's no comparison though.

11. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRYX RX 580
    it doesnt look nice 17 inch rims because it will suffer from bigger wheel gum size, it has to be 19 inch to have a lesser gum size so that the rim looks really wide on the openings, personally these were the best fit for the vette with 8.5 front and 9.5 rear

12. IcE

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 Mini
    Lol, I know you knew. The ;) was supposed to be sarcastic. And yeah, the V6 version of the 300 is too little engine for too much car. The Hemi powered ones are quick though.

The 300 is one of their most reliable models, I rarely hear about issues with them. To be fair though it's using pretty old and tried and true technology though.

13. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    Haha, I know. I'm just trolling :)

14. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    My winking bae
    1990 Suzuki Katana GSX600F
    It's on the other side but short end 2 Brothers single Exhaust
    The front light is horribly ugly and cheap, but I've got an FZ-10 Light and front fairing set coming I'm going to mount and paint that same blue, throw a clear coat over the blue as well to protect it and give it that good look, and I've got some rear fairing covers coming as well I'm going to sand down and paint. Then gonna work on getting the Suzuki name back on it with some vinyl decals, and also change the turn signals to put them back on the FZ-10 fairing once I get it.
    [​IMG]

15. IcE

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 Mini
    I feel like I saw you riding around somewhere, lol. Is that Swan Metropark?

16. vbetts

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    It sure is. I live in the area there now, so while I'm tuning the bike and replacing some parts I've just been riding back and forth to swan creek making sure it's good.

My dad had a fun brilliant idea though, hide a bluetooth speaker on the fork there so I can have a radio when I'm riding lmao. I actually just installed a new horn switch too, but the wires are too small for the amperage(22g when they should be at least 18g).

17. vbetts

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    [​IMG]

That is the left Starter Gear cover from my bike. Cracked right down the middle!

I was in the store for a few minutes, some kids jumped on my bike and hopped off when I came back to my bike and they dropped it.

18. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    Here she is, my sapphire :)

I've wanted to show here for a long time but finally it happened.

[​IMG]

19. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2070 Super
    Well collected the car on Friday, have been spending the last two days just getting used to the power, the DSG and working out what all the buttons do. The one labelled 'Cupra' is fun it makes things very very loud and very very fast.

[​IMG]

Can post some more pics if anyone is interested.

Octavia? VRS?

Last edited: May 2, 2017
  20. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    What a beautiful car!

That's right! Like you I've got DSG and a VRS button where I can switch to Sport which makes the car sound like a sports car, very nice! Should be around 220HP.