Vehicles of Guru3D Thread Pt. 3

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by aircool, Nov 4, 2014.

1. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    This was a few months ago but have been lazy on posting it over here.

Took down my buddy's Huracan. We both ran 10s but I wrecked him on reaction time. His Huracan still is slower in ET and slower in MPH.

IIRC 10.3 @ 135 MPH on this run for me (not my best) and 10.7 @ 132 MPH for him but he slept at the launch. For his run that's a really good time for a stock Lamborghini Huracan.

EDIT: The GT-R and the Lambo
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
  2. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    Haha, currently rolling a '09 Subaru Legacy. Nothing special at all. Still hoping to find a '09ish vette, but they're selling for more than I hoped to pay right now. Hopefully that changes as the driving season comes in.

3. IcE

IcE Don Snow Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 Mini
    Nice, kind of hilarious what the GTR will put down in the quarter mile. You ready to face some new Dodge Demons when they finally come out? Also, your friend has the best Huracan color. Verde Mantis is amazing.

4. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    Of course...I'm not worried about the Demon.

On a track any car can win with the proper setup but on the street the GT-R is simply unbeatable with it's torque delivery and AWD. I've had a high powered RWD V8 with NT05R (same tire the Demon comes with) and I'll tell you it never put the power down like the GTR can.

The Huracan owner used to have a GT-R, sold it to a local friend, bought an R8, then traded that out for the Huracan. Here's all three for the brief moment they were all together...

[​IMG]

5. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    @Nosferatu
    Sounds like those Demons might be close to you, lol. They're advertising 9.65 @140

6. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    it needs skinny tires, 100 octane fuel, a perfect launch, and all the normal stuff removed from the car (insulation, seats, etc.) and the absolute best time it ran was a 9.65 @ 140.

Factor in I daily my car and if I come across one it will...

-not be on skinnies
    -not be on 100 octane
    -will not be on a track surface

Factoring in those things the ET will go up and the MPH will come down. On the street, I'm not too overly worried. :) I rarely take the car drag racing to care. There's always faster cars at the track. Most that are faster typically are a compromised car. Go back a few pages I used to own a boosted V8 that was a monster. I also drove it on the same tires the Demon is coming with (NT05R). Let me tell you, that's not a safe tire for daily use.

7. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    Haha, that's badass man. I wish I had the ability to hit the track like you have. I bet it's a good time! I've always wanted to see what a launch is like in a GTR. Must be an incredible feeling.

8. IcE

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 Mini
    Just to be clear, the car is shipped from the factory with 355's all around and a pump gas tuned ECU. Despite that, it will still run a 9.9 in the quarter. You can also add the passenger seat and the nice sound system back in for $1. So with that extra weight, we'll say it's a 10 second car. I bet it's one hell of a highway puller though, even with a more street oriented tire. The skinnies and the race gas ECU are part of the track crate that also comes with nice tools to install the stuff with.

Come on, you gotta be impressed. It's straight up 'murican grunt, lol.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
  9. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT / GTX1070
    The Hellcat is a beast of a car. Pure brute force for a reasonable price. Who wouldn't love that? The GT-R is a technical marvel. Pure sports car geekiness at a reasonable price. They are both fantastic in their own ways. As a car enthusiast, I like them both.

(pic) I believe that lime green is hideous. It just is. It loses instantly for being that color.

As to speed in general...

Fast is getting pretty standard these days. Once you get up over ~300HP, a car is gonna be pretty quick. 500+HP is just getting silly. (I plan to do that silliness soon) Regardless, a Tesla S could whip most cars in a straight line these days so it's getting trivial.

As I've aged, I've gotten more in tune with how a car feels rather than power underfoot. A Subaru WRX-Sti. An Acura RL w/ SH-AWD. A Cadillac ATS AWD. A BMW 5 series w/ AWD. Stuff like that. These cars feel pretty amazing to drive (I could list 100s that don't feel amazing) and don't cost an arm and a leg to own. They just have a great feel to them that people who love to drive would appreciate.

All I hear about a GT-R is how amazing it feels. I suspect you wouldn't be terribly happy trading it for something else (if that time came) even if it were faster (which wouldn't be by much). I mean, unless it were a LaFerrari or a 918.

10. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA RTX 2070
    I just love the sound of that low rpm launch for the Demon. Sounds so weird, yet so awesome.

11. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2070 Super
    Well just pushed the button on one of these. Been umming and ahhing for the last few weeks between this an a Golf R but looking in to it you get so much more for the money over the Golf R, DCC suspension, Sat Nav as standard, a trick LSD, heated seats, newer with lower mileage and I would even go as far as to say it looks better than the Golf R, they also seem to be a lot rarer.

Seat Leon Cupra 280 DSG, though mines will have three doors and not five.

[​IMG]

Yeah it's not got the fake four wheel drive and gives 20Bhp away to the Golf R, but you really do just get so much more.

12. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    The launch is stupid...with basic bolt-ons as mine and it out guns a Tesla easily.

Same basic modifications and it's simply game-over.

How does it feel? I rarely do dig hits but here's a first gear slam it hits over 1 G from 25 MPH...this is mine.

Actually to add more fuel to the fire they ran that car up Gainesville and the density altitude was minus 1200 ft. Good luck finding that every day. Real world numbers will come soon enough but I think this car is closer to a 10 second car trapping low to mid 130s.

13. IcE

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 Mini
    Dude congrats. That looks awesome. Shame we can't get SEAT in America. AFAIK doesn't the Cupra 280 use the same platform as the Golf to begin with? S

14. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    I test drove a 2011 'Vette yesterday. I'm hooked, I need one. Not that one though, the clear coat was roached and it looked like it had kissed something with the front and back bumper.

It's kinda hard to get back in your standard car with 170hp after having 430 under foot, lol.

15. IcE

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 Mini
    Try a Z06 next ;)

16. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    or strap some boost to that V8...436hp is not that quick. See my other videos.

It's why I always say life is too short to drive boring cars. :)

17. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    I've always wanted a Z06 just because of the LS7, but after reading about the head issues and just how expensive of a used car it is, I've kinda rethought that.

I can definitely see why you say that... If it puts a smile on my face like that car does, it's definitely worth the 25K-ish that it'll cost. Hell, that's less than pretty much any new car now.

18. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    ...and add a little more cash to boost the LS3 and it's yeehaw time.

Here's my current C7 against my old C6. The C7 was given the hit and it still got walked by football fields. The C7 is bone stock and both cars had the targa roof down. 465 HP is slow...:)

I typically block these videos from public view but I'll leave them open for a day or so...I should probably also make note this C6 was able to beat down my buddy's ZR1 as well so this sucker pulled harder than a ZR1.

Internal View:

External View:

Good 'ol Memory Lane...You got me on a roll here with my old ride. :banana:

Friend curses at the end of the video so giving fair warning before ya play it.

19. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2070 Super
    Yup you're right it is basically a Golf underneath even the 2.0l TFSI is the same engine used in tons of the VAG group cars, it just has a slightly different map. I was seriously looking at a Golf R but I just couldn't square how much more you got with the Leon over a Golf R of the same price. Some of the stuff is pretty essential, the Sat Nav and adaptive dampers (given how rubbish our roads are) some of the stuff is just nice to have, heated seats, DSG

20. IcE

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 Mini
    Lol, I definitely agree. I'm not as much of a fan of straight line rockets though. They're fun for sure, but it's so easy to get anally destroyed if you're having fun in "mexico" and happen to run into an undesirable. I drive for a living so it would be extra rape for me. I'm drawn to corner carvers for those late night back roads. I'm not going to lie though, a used C6 with a supercharger installed is a serious consideration for me. That or a Camaro SS 1LE. Then I can have a delicious V8 and rip in the corners at the same time :)