Vehicles of Guru3D Thread Pt. 3

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by aircool, Nov 4, 2014.

1. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Old Radeon (not gamer)
    that's my GTR with the original owner hot rodding the car.

I sold the C6 (black supercharged one). I'm keeping the Stingray (blue new one).

I enjoyed the C6 it was fast as f**k but good luck getting traction, the car wasn't getting any newer, and I felt I hit a plateau with it. Having traction down low, a broader power curve, and changing it up felt a bit more interesting to me. The GTR I picked up quickly guy offered it at an amazing price. The C6 I priced competitively and it sold in under 48 hours. I'll throw more GTR stuff up as I shoot the footage. Maybe I'll do some today before work. :nerd:

2. Tom F

Tom F Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saab 900
    A couple of months back, the car essentially failed it's road worthiness test because the headlights are dead - the tester said he won't pass it next year unless I sort them lights out. I tried to find some good used ones, but as the newest 900s are 24 years old now, they're all pretty ropey by now. Alas, there was only one solution...

New headlights! Very hard to find for 900s now. The local guru was able to source me a set of LHD ones from Europe, so I swapped the lenses from the old ones onto the new casings / reflectors.

Once I'd got the lenses off the lights, it was pretty obvious why the old ones were so useless...

[​IMG]

They were very expensive, but definitely worth it. I can actually see where I'm going now! Feels odd to have a Saab 900 with useful headlights - almost like driving a modern car, instead of one that's 26 and has done 173k miles :banana:

3. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Old Radeon (not gamer)
    not the best day out but got some racing under my belt with the GTR.

Stupid 20-25MPH head wind, 80 degrees, humid = did not help.

1.59 60'
    10.5 1/4 mi
    Previous owner did 10.2 and much higher MPH so def the weather did not help.

4. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 390 8GB
    it takes me atleast 10 seconds to hit 60 MPH :) --^

5. jura11

jura11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080 Ti 1080 FE
    Still great time there 10.5 1/4 miles its great time,what power(whp or bhp) are you running ?

I would have look at Syvecs S8 or Syvecs S6 Pro as upgrade

Thanks,Jura

6. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Old Radeon (not gamer)
    I already use an EcuTEK Phase 5 RaceROM so don't really need Syvecs.

Car has the following...

Power mods:
    ETS 4 inch full titanium exhaust
    ETS 3 inch downpipes
    AMS Race Intercooler
    Got Boost Intercooler piping
    Got Boost Intakes
    Maf Delete
    Speed Density Kit
    Twin Tial BOV
    1100cc Anso Injectors
    Fore Innovation Triple Basket with Twin 480lph fuel pumps
    Flex fuel kit to run pump gas and E85
    ECUtek Phase 5 RaceROM
    Toyo R888 Tires

Supporting Modifications:
    Greddy Transmission cooler
    AP Racing Jhook rotors
    Endless Pads
    Stainless steel brake lines
    Litchfield Full suspension with adj EDC and rear sway bar
    HRE 3 piece forged wheels with Titanium hardware
    Titanium lugs nuts

7. Tom F

Tom F Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saab 900
    999cc of completely stock Italian rage right here, cranking out a face-ripping 45hp :)

[​IMG]

Given it a thorough going over and it's running really really nicely now, best the car has run since I got it. I should be able to get it back on the road next week.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2016
  8. jura11

jura11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080 Ti 1080 FE

Comparing EcuTek RaceROM to Syvecs I wouldn't there,have run Syvecs like on Subaru or even on Honda Civic Type R EP3 and this ECU has worth every penny

Friend running too on his R35 GT-R Syvecs and he made around 20-30bhp more than on EcuTek or Cobb,if you are have such upgrades then this is next on yours list

This ECU if its good for R8 or Lamborghini,Porsche etc then should be good for you too,just have look on YT and Syvecs,most of the race cars or normal cars running them and here most people who race use Syvecs

Great upgrades you have,just keep under 700bhp and under 620lb-ft,but friend has run for very long time 705whp on his and then after 5k miles engine failed in spectacular way :)

Good luck there and really great time

Thanks,Jura

9. Tom F

Tom F Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saab 900
    Surely that's a function of the mapping, rather than the ECU manufacturer?

10. lexer98

lexer98 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 - WC
    Isn't a 50k car but ... she takes me to work. Here in Argentina we don't have any emisiĆ³n regulation, so 2T bikes still in production. I love the sound.
    [​IMG]

11. aircool

aircool Don Aircooleone Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 560 Ti 448 Core
    So Renault Sport Clio 172 or Peugeot 306 GTi6?

Hmm can't decide.

12. jura11

jura11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080 Ti 1080 FE
    Hi there

Really depends,have look on features of EcuTek RaceROM and features of Syvecs then probably you will choose Syvecs

Here are quick features of Syvecs

http://www.gtrlife.com/forums/topic/66042-syvecs-s8-r35-ecu-the-pinnacle-of-ecu-tuning-for-the-r35/

There are few more features like AWD control,remote mapping via WiFi etc,you don't need expensive cable to connect to ECU,you need simple crossed RJ45 cable

But main reason is you can have there several fuel,boost,ignition maps,several inputs/outputs for yous sensors like oil pressure,oil temp,EGT etc

And here are features of above EcuTek RaceROM Phase 5

http://www.ecutek.com/News/EcuTek-Release-ProECU-Nissan-GT-R-RaceROM-Phase-5

Hope this helps

Thanks,Jura

Hi there

Personally I would take Renault Sport Clio 172,its awrsome car,tried that and I know several friends which have 172 as their track day car,with few upgrades this car can be great track car

Hope this helps

Thanks,Jura

13. Tom F

Tom F Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saab 900
    GTi6 for me every time I think :)

Clio is probably quicker, but the 3door 306 has always looked bloody fantastic and I'm sure the value of the 306 is on the up (although the 172 isn't going to get any cheaper, either...)

14. kanej2007

kanej2007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    I say Peugeot 306 GTi6.

15. aircool

GPU:
    I've cancelled viewing a very tidy 172 for a 306 Gti6, I miss the shape massively.

This weekend cannot come fast enough, the gentleman selling it I going to miss it if it is as good as he says.

16. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Old Radeon (not gamer)
    I would say the extra power is tune dependent. Car came pre-modded the way it is right now so I didn't see a need to change it out. For now, I don't plan on going beyond FBO since it's a daily driven car. The day it loses daily driving responsibilities for me is the day I consider going big turbo. The car isn't cheap to modify beyond where it's at currently because like you said (and seems like you know already) the transmission and engine would need to be built up.

17. jura11

jura11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080 Ti 1080 FE

Hi there

As I said,you will see,you are habe great base on which you can build up pretty much awesome car

Really depends on more factors if I would go beyond safe limits,but as always limits are here to break

Agree cars are not cheap to modify and in yours case this will or can cost you more than some used cars,build engine its not cheap and build gearbox/transmission this depends again something like Albin kit or PPG I would choose,have run PPG and this box has been awesome,not sure how strong are on GT-R but on Subaru they're not been strong,although we are run on our 555.5bhp/520lb-ft,regarding engine,stroker kit is probably best way,hard to say

R35 GT-R is great car in base form and with right upgrades this car will "murder" supercar anyday...

Good luck there

Thanks,Jura

18. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Old Radeon (not gamer)
    Thanks Jura!

Anyways this is where it stands right now...my wife's a car girl and she got spooked from this 25 MPH slam on the first hit. Over 1 G from a roll will do that to most hehe!

19. aircool

GPU:
    So yeah, this happened :D

[​IMG]

20. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Old Radeon (not gamer)
    This thread is getting sadly slow... :3eyes:

Took the car down to 10.24 ET with 135 MPH.

Wife ran it out twice (1st video). It's nuts how she spots an 11 second car, bogs it off the line and still walks right by him to a 10.79. She gets a better launch on the second run and nails a 10.40. That Mustang is boosted and a friend of ours he takes the win...barely. I beat him later that night (second video).

Happy watching and let's keep this thread going!!! :)