Vehicles of Guru3D Thread Pt. 3

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by aircool, Nov 4, 2014.

1. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Old Radeon (not gamer)
    Looks good and sounds mean! :)

However, I would think with that kind of power you'd be a little bit quicker. My other Vette (2010 model) when it just had long tube headers did 11.7 @ 122. At that time it only was making about 420 RWHP.

Anyways just cleaned up my C7 and felt it looked good enough to throw a few photos up. Happy viewing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. AMD4Sho

AMD4Sho Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    ^^ Absolutely love everything about those cars. The body lines, the power, and even the new automatic transmissions are suppose to be great. Although from what I understand GM's statement that their automatic is equal to Porshe's PDK is a huge overstatement. I am not sure yet if I like the seven speed manual gearbox yet though. I have driven both the auto and the stick, and the seven speed felt okay to me IMHO.

3. IcE

IcE Don Snow Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 Mini
    It probably just doesn't launch quite as well. I'm assuming the turbocharger they used is quite large and doesn't put down the boost till much higher in the rev range. Plus stick shift. Stick and turbo is an art to get blistering times. With a Vette you can balls up a shift or two and not lose all that much time because there's always torque.

Nice Vette of course. When are you trading in for a Z06? :nerd:

4. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Moderator Staff Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Damn. That's a beautiful corvette

5. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Old Radeon (not gamer)
    I used to own a turbo neon (SRT-4) I'm pretty aware of ringing out a turbo 4 cylinder :)

His video sounded like he did pretty good down the track with the car.

As for a Z06 no need. I have the C6 with supercharger and methanol. It out accelerates my friend's C6 ZR1 pretty easily. ;) The C6 handles great but the C7 with magnetic ride is significantly better so if I want to have fun in the handling department that's what the other's for.

Thanks dude! It's such an attention whore (the blue one) by just about everyone on the road. Only the car enthusiasts say anything about the black one. I mostly drive the black one (because of the stupid power it has) while my wife drives the blue one. The other day in traffic college chick checking out me in the car and even tho she had her boyfriend in the blue Vette she looked over and smiled and lipped to me "I love your car". LOL

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 26, 2015
  6. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    That is pure car pr0n. Love the blue one. :)

7. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Old Radeon (not gamer)
    man this thread is becoming dead.... :(

I have plenty of more photos from today but here's two of them. Both cars just got claybar, polish, and wax treatments. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 390 8GB
    one of the few american cars i have respect for. both look lovely

9. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Finally some proper Subaru weather.. :D

Bought new Nokian Hakkapeliitta 8 studded tyres, and the grip I'm experiencing now is downright impressive!

[​IMG]

10. pogostickio

pogostickio Master Guru

GPU:
    Hallryu's HIS 5850 GPU
    Similar to the grip I'm going to get on a pair of Schwalbe Marathon Winter tyres on The Beast. My hybrid Giant Roam 1 bicycle for the upcoming winter months so I don't have to walk or use the bus.

Loving those Subaru's. My all time favourite car. I love the sound of each one accelerating past my work place in Manchester, UK.

11. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    I took my scooby out drifting, lol. Who needs grip?

12. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070/ RX580/ 780Ti
    QUESTION to English/European drivers:

I'm using a European, right hand drive 1999 Jeep Cherokee to deliver mail here in the US. (not converted from left to right as many vehicles used for mail are over here).

When I turn on the running lights (halfway point) or head lights, should the front (yellow) signals illuminate as well? They don't turn on on this rig. I ask because cars in the US have "running lights" in the front (blinkers lit at low level) similar to the rears. Just curious if this is how it should be (the front signal lamps don't light up except for turn signals/flashers) or if something isn't right.

13. IcE

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 Mini
    No, they don't, lol. Some Canadian spec cars used to do that (specifically Chryslers), but I haven't seen a US made car in forever have lit parking lamps 24/7 in place of DRL's.

14. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070/ RX580/ 780Ti
    Sorry if my Q made no sense it is kind of odd. :nerd:

Daytime running lamps are lit at all times when lights are turned off (except when parking brake is engaged). Talking about when you actually turn on the lighting system. Also, bare in mind we're talking about a vehicle from 1999.

Cars sold in the US even now still light up the front (signal) lamps when you turn on the lights midway or fully on. They are not lit when the lighting system is off (only the DRL are lit then). My Euro Jeep doesn't (light the signal lamps) but the same Jeep model sold in America does.

I was just wondering is all as I need to keep it legal for work. :)

15. IcE

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 Mini
    I think you're talking about something that's just a manufacturer preference, not something that's required. Some manufacturers have the signal lamps lit when the lights are on, and some don't. My Taurus does not have them lit. If I recall correctly, European law means you have to have amber or different colored front and rear turn signals that are only lit when you're turning. A lot of American cars just pulse the red rear running light instead of having a separate amber signal, and that's definitely not allowed over the pond.

16. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Old Radeon (not gamer)
    street tires (no fancy drag radials or slicks) and almost cracked a 10 second 1/4 mile. :banana:

So close...best run:

60' 2.07 (plenty of room for improvement with the right tire)
    7.43 @ 105.6 MPH
    11.109 @ 135.75 MPH

Pulling over 30 MPH in the backend this thing just rips...I tried to get it faster but harder launching was just giving me worse 60' and put me at 11.3 and 11.4 range. Next up...proper tire. Enjoy the videos... :)

Other runs...
    60' 2.165
    1/8th: 7.67 @ 104.96 MPH
    1/4mi: 11.385 @ 134.60 MPH

60' 2.093 (spun just at top of 1st and therefore slower 1/8th and 1/4)
    1/8th: 7.76 @ 104.25 MPH
    1/4mi: 11.455 @ 135.41 MPH

First video they were on the pro light wasn't ready (e.g. 3 yellow and green instead of a count down). Third run on in car video which was second run on in car video you'll see I ignited the tires at the top of first. That was run 3.

[​IMG]

17. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 1070
    Love seeing those new Vette's. Quite the comfortable car to sit in, too. Can't say i'd ever WANT one though, especially after hearing about how freakin expensive the tires are to replace.

I know I'll probably get some laughs.... but hey... it's my new car (the one on the left). Said sayonara to the Dodge Fart... i mean Dart.

[​IMG]

18. Tom F

Tom F Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saab 900
    Congratulations on the new car! I quite like the new Smart, it looks sharp. Is it weird driving such a teeny car over there? They don't look too tiny in the Europe, but in the US your cars are just HUUUUGE! Small cars are fun - 30mph feels a lot faster in a tiny car than a big one...

Same old stuff here. I was away all summer so they both needed a bit of work to go back on the road. I did the Saab first - I'm doing a bunch of preventative stuff on the Panda so the Saab is the daily at the moment.

It uses a lot more fuel, but it's just so nice to drive that it doesn't really matter right now ;)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 22, 2015
  19. IcE

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 Mini
    Tires aren't a big deal unless you plan on tracking regularly or doing burnouts every day. Michelin Pilot Sport Cups are something like 2-300 each, which is about average for a decent performance tire. Certainly not the end of the world. Especially since you can wring at least 20K out of a set if you're not driving hard all the time in it.

Also, why do you do this to yourself? I understand hating the Alfa, but why not get a real car like a Fiesta ST or something similar? :eyes:

No offense but that new smart car is absolutely hideous, lol.

20. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti H20