Vehicles of Guru3D thread #2

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Glidefan, Jun 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    To me it's a stupid move. I'd personally rather have the roar of a supercharged V8 than the whine of a twin-turbo V6. If i were spending over $100K on a car, i'd want it to stand out. Not look like a Nissan that some kid spent some money on. Yes... i'll come out and say it.... IMHO, the GTR looks like crap.

2. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    He probably was too scared of the ZR1. It's far more of a driver's car than the GTR, which is just a computer on wheels. You barely have to try to go fast.

With that said, it's still a very nice car.

3. serious1

serious1 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3070
    Well said ice. Corvettes are fun to drive in a straight line but they become kinda sketchy at the limit when you start cornering. The GTR or any AWD car is going to be much more predictable.

4. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    American cars, apart from the legendary poor build quality, are great if you just want to convert petrol into noise in a straight line, stopping or going round a bend however..........................

5. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6900XT Merc 319
    Not really. If you're going to be driving it on a regular basis the GTR seems like the better choice. Skyline GTR's were never pretty cars, and I don't think the GTR is either.

I'm sure he had his own reasons.

6. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Well can't argue tastes really :D I love the sound of GTR and I love the sound of ZR1 and both look awesome imo.

Tho at 100k I would prolly find something else, or get rx-7 and install 26b to it.

7. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    my upgraded suspension would beg to differ. I'm no where near ZR1 level handling but I assure you the car can take a curved line and stop.

Need I start with the transmission woes on the GTR with regards to reliability.

Both cars are awesome in their own light but the Vette requires a better driver to push it closer to it's limits. The GTR has many computer assists to help the driver out. Neither car is push-able to it's limits by most drivers considering their high limits.

8. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6900XT Merc 319
    Not sure about build quality but the Americans stepped up the handling department with cars like the ZR1 and the CTS-V, two potent nurburgring ripping machines. I would mention the Viper but I don't respect the ACR machine, not a true road car as far as I'm concerned.

9. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    yup in laptimes gtr and zr1 are 5 seconds from each other at 7:19 and 7:24 and z06 is at 7:22 while nismo gtr is 7:08

CTS-V is way slower tho.

10. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6900XT Merc 319
    CTS-V was the fastest production saloon car, and it wasn't stripped out or any of that nonsense. It was a full on 'luxury' sports saloon and was even faster than the Germans (M5, etc).

By fast I of course mean the nur ring.

11. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    yes it is really fast for a saloon surely :D Never said that just that it ain't as fast as the full on sports machines like gtr and zr1 ^^

at 7:59 it does mighty fine surely. tho there is rs4 and m5 before it, m5 was 2 year later tho.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2014
  12. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    It must not have last long then

13. aircool

aircool Don Aircooleone Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 560 Ti 448 Core
    The Alfa strikes again, replaced one drive shaft now the other goes :(

I guess thats the cost of 175HP through the front tyres and a silly amount of torque.

I even washed it.

14. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    bought VW scirocco 1.4 160 HP 2013 model. 0 KM , new i mean. instead changing my Freelander 2 this vehicle gave my chill. i bought it for wife. but will drive it myself too.

such small coupe but fun to drive.

the problem is when u try to take from 0 to speed, front wheels r spinning and vehicle hardly moves on. y? this is my first front wheel vehicle i guess. it is such shame it does this :(

15. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6900XT Merc 319
    Take your foot off the gas pedal :D!

16. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    lol. well. sure :wanker:

17. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    Weight gets shifted back in heavy acceleration leading into you spinning your front tires and moving nowhere, getting bit bouncy maybe. You need to be more careful with the gas pedal when driving front wheeled to get max out of it when accelerating and it will never be as fast as rearwheel drive of course.

Not sure what was the faster 0-60 front wheel but it is in the 5.x territory. front wheeled cars need all sorts of funky stuff to handle like rear wheeled just cause it's the front that is doing all the work.

http://www.carsdirect.com/car-buying/front-wheel-drive-vs-rear-wheel-drive this was good stuff

Last edited: Mar 24, 2014
  18. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Damn good 60' time there. Best I ever got with my IS350 was 2.0something (don't have the time slip). Did they kick you off the track after that run?

19. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    thank u man. the dynamics r really odd. i am having a bit interesting time while cornering. iam used to 4x4 trustful dynamics, and used front rear wheel driving dynamics too. but this one is....shaking me.

indeed iam driving at limits even slow speeds. making sharp turns and trying make challenges unnecessarily but i want to learn what it can do and how it reacts.

edit: read and helped to understand alot thanx.

and people, scirocco default wheels r 17" alloy. 18 and 19 looks cool but seller told me: u will feel road alot. dont go for it.

why not? in some packages they put 18" anyway. what u say ?

Last edited: Mar 25, 2014
  20. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    Powerful front wheel drives take a little getting used to. For a couple years, I had a 2008 Pontiac G6 GXP, a front wheel drive which has 252 bhp and does a respectable 0-60 in 6.0 seconds. When you stomp on it though, it's like unleashing a wild beast as your steered wheels are now spun up.

There is no secret driving style to make it work better. You just have to hang on until the wheels settle back into a groove or as mentioned, take your foot off the gas.

...and nice new ride! Wish they sold those here in the US. I hear we'll get the next Scirocco in 2015, though time will tell.

Here's my old Pontiac G6 GXP...
    ... It was a fun car but had the typical American car issues. The motor was fantastic but little things started going wrong at 50k like power door lock failure in one door, remote-start issues, trim pieces coming loose, etc.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.