Vehicles of Guru3D thread #2

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Glidefan, Jun 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IcE

IcE Don Snow Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 Mini
    He's talking about your parent's Trans AM, lol. At least I think it belongs to a parent?

2. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA RTX 2070
    Yea.... it's the 'rents TA. Only really have one other pic of it, though....

[​IMG]

Could always snap another or two tomorrow if you'd like. haha

3. Loophole35

Loophole35 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Don't like the Evora that much I would trade my left testical (thats my favorite one BTW) for an Exsige Cup w/SC.

4. IcE

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 Mini
    Speaking of this car, I'm potentially getting one next summer. It's either that, or Ninja ZX6R. Obviously the motorcycle is more exciting, but less practical. At least I have plenty of time to decide.

5. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    eVGA RTX 2070
    Haha.... yea.... a roof is more practical any day of the week. The Dart IS a pretty fun car, though. Fair bit of oomf for a 1.4L Turbo, straight out of the Fiat 500 Abarth

6. IcE

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 Mini
    Yeah, and if I get one it will be with the 6 speed manual, so I won't have any shortage of fun in the car. But still, a fast bike is pretty tempting.

7. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    eVGA RTX 2070
    That's what i have. One of the reasons i wasn't a HUGE fan of my previous Smart ForTwo. Don't get me wrong... that was a pretty fun little car, too.... but I just missed a good old manual transmission. First time I went for a drive with a friend of mine in the Dart, he looked down at the shifter, looked at me, and said "You missed stick, didn't you?"

8. Garrgoyle

Garrgoyle Banned

GPU:
    HD7970@925MHz/5500MHz
  9. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    I would get a nice bike for everyday use... not a zx6r as it is uncomfortable for long distances. instead look at something with better driving position like xj6 diversion or something more drivable in different types of terrain like a bmw f650gs (800cc).
    And when you need to travel long distances with luggage or friends/family, get a cheaper car that's easy to mantain... like an old stang or camaro, or if you want something with more room in the back seats... hell, i'd even get a crown vic. comfy and can ride forever without breaking. taking into account this will not be your main ride.

10. Garrgoyle

Garrgoyle Banned

GPU:
    HD7970@925MHz/5500MHz
    I have a 4wd as my main car. It's the Holden Captiva v6 in silver LX model. it has 18" wheels which I was impressed with coming from a factory 4wd. back in my younger years 14" rims were the all go...

really tho if I could afford one I would really love3 a Toyota camry - black I think. I have seen one with a set of rims which looked really nice on the road. my folks own a cruze with 20" rims that is nice as well.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2013

11. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro Staff Member

GPU:
    -
    Finally got both passenger and driver side floors replaced, did the smart thing and drilled holes in the floors so I could plug weld the framerails in from above rather than set myself on fire underneath the car. Broke about 4 cheapy drill bits in the process...
    [​IMG]

The car has left the garage for the first time in 2.5 years! But only so it could be turned around ready to receive the new engine. In the receiving position (the car, not my buddy):
    [​IMG]

It's in :bounce:
    [​IMG]

My mate Pete brought it all the way down from Nottingham, wouldn't even have a break for a cup of tea, helped me take the old one out and get the new one in, then drove back home again. I owe that man a beer or two thousand.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2013
  12. MM10X

MM10X Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 56
    Looking good, Morbias !!

13. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    Hey guys, talking about rides and stuff you made me remember of this awesome t.v series that I used to watch a few years ago called Initial D.
    For the ones that never heard of it, its Anime. Yeah 100% japanese style. Its about a guy that delivers tofu for 5 years through a mountain pass in japan without knowing that his dad (a professional car driver, mainly at drift and touges) is making him do that to increase his abilities at driving.
    He makes him ride an old AE86 (Toyota Levin Trueno) which is professionally tuned.
    Misteriously enough the main character (Takumi Fujiwara) ends up in a situation where he has to race another guy, beating his ass off. After this, all goes uphill on the thrill, on the way Takumi challenges himself to become the fastest racer ever.
    Anyway, wether you like anime or not, this show is worth a go for all japanese import lovers.

INFO: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Initial_D
    (open in a new tab)

Last edited: Apr 18, 2013
  14. ElementalDragon

GPU:
    eVGA RTX 2070
    .... not sure how that second link will go over with forum rules..... but probably not good...

Garrgoyle: Have to say.... the Cruze looks kinda goofy on 20" rims. It's one of those things where the size of the wheels draws your eyes more to them than the car itself.... cause something just seems off. Just too big for a 4-door compact. Then again... not nearly as bad as one car i see around here sometimes... like a little Toyota Celica or something, with a ricer pipe on the back, tires and wheels that are not only fairly small (as in seemingly a normal diameter for the car) but stick out like 6" past the fenders.... and either it's on airbag/hydraulic suspension, or they have it lowered to the point where it's a miracle the ridiculously stupid looking thing can turn.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2013
  15. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!
    Well for me its the only way to get this. I cannot get this in my country.

16. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Yeah no. No PB links.

17. nm+

nm+ Don Cappuccino Staff Member

GPU:
    old
    Now webers.

edit: What side of the car is the battery on those? On the US model they're on passenger (right) side, wondering if they moved them on the wrong side drive models.

18. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro Staff Member

GPU:
    -
    I haven't finished rebuilding the Webers yet ;)

The battery is always on the passenger side, so in other words the opposite side to the US models.

Talking of Initial D... this just popped up on Speedhunters

19. pokerapar88

pokerapar88 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Amp!

Oki doki !

20. MM10X

MM10X Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Vega 56
    I wonder if that replica has a 5 valve with ITB's.

What japanese car enthusiast does not know about initial D ???

@Morbias... Inspiration to get the webers done. NOTHING sounds like ITB's, let alone carb ITB's.
    Just got my wideband installed the other night, I'll fine tune in the carbs soon hopefully !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrMIsK7S9EE

^ Most of that is uphill...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.