1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vehicles of Guru3D thread #2

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Glidefan, Jun 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    [​IMG]

not my pic but same color, got it exacly last year, in April
    yeah after the yellow cupra i went with green fabia rs.

when people hear that a 1.4 tsi engine has 180 ps they do the poker face

2. The Michael

The Michael Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
    And it looks cute enough to be underestimated. I imagine the faces... :D

3. Copey

Copey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    960 2GB
    Thought I may aswell drop the new car pics on.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

180bhp, 7 Spd DSG and will have a few tweaks soon.

4. FaM

FaM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2GB GTX 560
    I drive a ladybug on the track). Off the track its just a 2.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. The Michael

The Michael Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
    Awesome Cupra Copey!
    Really digging the color and the front.

Also, my Integra Type-R has got some new wheels:

[​IMG]

16", with just about 7kg each!

6. Copey

Copey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    960 2GB
    Cheers matey.

Bet it goes like stink, any pics of engine bay etc? where are you based btw?

7. nm+

nm+ Don Cappuccino Staff Member

GPU:
    old
    [​IMG]
    :(

17x7.5 (13lb) SSR Comp Track/auto-x wheel. No pothole or anything.

Last edited: May 17, 2012
  8. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 970 SSC
    Yikes. Yea... i'm having issues with a warranty company whom i purchased a warranty through for the wheels and tires on my Smart. They keep claiming that if my tires have less than 3/32" of tread, then warranty coverage on the wheels is also void, which they say is in the contract... and is not. They keep bringing up the fact that i said that my wheels were dented when i hit a really big bump that was "in a construction zone", when the only sign that there may have potentially been construction was a "rough road ahead" sign a mile or two prior to the bump, with no other signs of anything having gone on. Had no choice to hit that bump... couldn't slow down unless the company was going to pay for the damage to the rear of my car from the SEMI that was on my a**, too.

And what's even better is they're claiming that the wheels also wouldn't be replaced because the independent appraiser they had look at the wheels put in his report that the tires were holding air. Yea... Cause a guy who sat there for probably no more than half an hour to an hour tops, checking to see if a tire with no weight on it was losing air because of not having a good seal with the wheel, would be able to judge on the reliability of a tire to hold air. You could have a freakin lag bolt in the tire, and it would still hold air for FAR longer than the guy was there. Hell, i had a screw in my tire for a good month or two before finally getting it fixed, and that entire time, it never needed to have air added to it, and they expect this little moron to come to a conclusion about a seal leak in the time frame of your usual lunch break?

9. The Michael

The Michael Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
    Yes of course.

[​IMG]

Don't be fooled by it's size, or the fact that it's "just" a v4.
    Let's just say it already proofed itself very useful. :D

I'm based in germany.

10. Copey

Copey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    960 2GB
    I'm not fooled mate, I know what these things can do, im a fan of the teg's, like the DC5 also.

Do you have a big car/tuning scene out where you are, or is it VAG based mainly?

11. Mannerheim

Mannerheim Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX580 8GB
    wuhuu.. tomorrow i get my alpha1 fixed and hopefully soon my boat at the sea =)

and i got OPEL astra -99 =/.

12. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    This as white will soon replace our (rest in pieces) >20 years old Opel Vectra as second car.
    [​IMG]

13. aircool

aircool Don Aircooleone Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 560 Ti 448 Core
    Got a pressure washer, so I guess I will give the car a well deserved wash on Sunday assuming weather is fair.

14. The Michael

The Michael Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
    I've not been to any meetings since i got the ITR, but i've been to some with my old 89 Civic EC9 (dual-carb).
    There are a lot of Honda maniacs around here, and luckily they're not your average Fast-and-Furious-Ricer-Kids.

It's a great community.

15. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 970 SSC
    Well then you, sir, are a lucky man. Wish the ricer fad wasn't so freakin popular around here. Then again, can't really say "around here"... cause i live up on a hill, away from town, where there really aren't that many ricers that i see on a regular basis. But where i work, i tend to see them quite often.

I can say one thing, though... i'm glad i've NEVER seen something like this done up here. We have one... and would never THINK of doing the stupid sh*t this kid did. :( Poor TA

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Pont...Cars_Trucks&hash=item4ab6b969d9#ht_500wt_1182

Think it's funny, cause that's the second time i've seen it reposted to try to sell it. Love how he says it's "Very mint condition". Uuh.... no. You replaced the stock flip-up headlights with some rather sh*tty looking fixed headlights, Did god f*cking knows what to the air intake scoops, and slapped a spolier on top of a spoiler... completely ruining the stock spoiler. Would like to see him take that to someone looking to buy one as a collectible and tell him "Oh yea, it's in mint condition."

16. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    Copey, how do you like the 1.4 TSI engine? A beast no?
    Well i had some probs with the DSG clutch for 2-4-6 gears, it had some vibration while slowly moving trough traffic, like when you do not push the clutch pedal enough on a manual car when accelerating and it shakes, in 2nd gear at about 30 km/h, that was with gentle acceleration, they changed the clutch in warranty, hope you will not have any probs, DSG 7 tends to have issues because it's new.

Anyway, i talked to a guy, he says that revo stage 1 is expensive (500 euros) and not worth on this small engine, what do you guys think?

[​IMG]

17. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS R9 380 4gb
    Do you drive on a track where you can actually make use of that extra power you would have at high rpm's ? It's a small car and should move around quite nicely with stock power, but I have never driven that thing so cant comment much.

18. Barry J

Barry J Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX2080 TRIO Super
    BMW 320D touring to Xtype 2.2D Estate

Traded my 2002 BMW320d se touring(150bhp) dark metalic blue 16 alloys about a year ago i got bored with the plain german interiors and repair bills

(150bhp)
    Maximum Torque 330nm
    0-60mph in 9.1
    50-75mph 4th gear 7.5 seconds
    maximum speed of 132mph

was not sure about FWD Jaguar over RWD BMW but to be honest on normal roads there is nothing in it, but in the wet and in winter FWD is so much better

2007 Jaguar Xtype 2.2d soverign estate light metalic blue much nicer and softer ride than my old BMW to drive even though xtype has 18 alloys 225/40/18 and it also uses slightly less fuel its mid range acceleration is awsome

(155bhp)
    Torque 360Nm EEC at 1800-2250rpm, with 400Nm overboost
    0-60mph in 8.9s
    50-75mph 4th gear 6.7 seconds
    maximum speed of 137mph

http://www.carpages.co.uk/jaguar/jaguar-xtype-diesel-part-1-09-05-05.asp

Last edited: May 19, 2012
  19. The Michael

The Michael Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
    I must say that i've not spotted a lot of "riced-out rides" lately.
    You know the type, with rainbow candy paint, so deep you cant even fit a toe under it and of course, a huge spoiler... and no performance to back it up.

@Barry:

155bhp for a Jag? How much does it weight?

20. Tom F

Tom F Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saab 900
    It's a diesel - the torque is the one to look at. That's a lot!

Had a ride in a chipped 9000 Aero last week, probably in the neighbourhood of 250-260hp. Was quite an impressive experience ;)

Been doing some work on my car lately - new discs / pads, new oil, new filters...still chasing the cause of some rich running though.

Had a short shift fitted on Friday - has transformed the car...and it still looks like a standard gear change!

Now it won't seem like I'm trying to feel up passengers when I change into 2nd :p

Also, check this out - one of my carriers was sticking for a while - changed the brakes cos the discs were shot and they were both noisy. I wonder why...

[​IMG]

Next plan is to put the battery in the boot so it isn't being bbq'd by the turbo...that and fix the sunroof. And start tackling some rust lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.