Vega FE, can use RX Vega drivers?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by ViRGE, Jan 2, 2018.

1. ViRGE

ViRGE Guest

Since its impossible to find RX cards, you guys know if Vega Frontier Edition can utilize RX Vega drivers? I remember some time ago some Guru3d members found the Vega FE IDs inside RX drivers pre adrenalin,
    Vega with 16BG of Vram and RX Drivers could be a nice combo, maybe its possible to flash RX Vega 64 Bios into Vega FE? Since FE dropped in price I am tempted to snag one, but will only consider do it after you guys advice.

2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Since one of the 17.11.x drivers Frontier is now supported by the standard Catalyst drivers. :)

I think the Frontier drivers have also been updated more frequently now and aren't that far behind the standard drivers either.

EDIT: The price premium is still pretty hefty though and 16 GB is kinda overkill, 8 from the standard Vega GPU's should still be plenty although well Frontier tends to the the GPU that's in stock and the rest of Vega is awaiting new stock to arrive and then sell out almost immediately.

Pretty sure Frontier is also still 2048-bit even if it has the full VRAM amount.

3. Embra

Embra Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6950 XT
  4. ViRGE

ViRGE Guest

But this Radeon™ Pro Software Adrenalin Edition 462 MB 17.12.2 12/19/2017 is the same as the RX Drivers? Its possible to compare without the card?

I am doing a ton of searches, but haven't found any one with an vega FE using RX Drivers