1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vega 64 Black Screen like its turned off? Just started and wondering why

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by primetime^, Mar 18, 2019.

1. primetime^

primetime^ Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX580
    Anyone else getting black screen when pc is idle or under very light usage? Seems like it wasn't happening a couple driver revisions ago but im not positive the exact driver i was using last.....I think its some kind of driver bug that effects certain vega cards? Am i alone with this issue?

If need be ill restore an image from a couple weeks ago, and reinstall the division2 from backup but i wonder if ill get a performance loss with the older driver....but frack it if it at least works lol

2. A2Razor

A2Razor Master Guru

GPU:
    Vega FE Liquid
    I was having black-screen "full system freezes" which were actually BSOD's (that I couldn't see, as there was no video-output) on my 1950x. (for reference)

- Since you said during light usage / low load, I'm guessing that means primarily on the desktop. Try locking your HBM frequency and preventing downclocking via SoftPowerPlay. Might also want to disable any display timeout for the sake of testing.

Idle crashes that don't happen during gaming tend to be power management related.

3. Haldi

Haldi Master Guru

GPU:
    R9-290 CF
    I'm using a Samsung C49HG90 via Displayport as Main Monitor, and a Dell U2311H via HDMI-> Denon AVR X1000 -> DVI Adapter for Sound.
    Every now and then in Idle the Dell Monitor Flickers Black, and every 3rd or 4th flicker the Sound also stutters for a second -.- no clue why... Just startet somewhere after 19.2 drivers... never had it before.

4. Max

Max New Member

GPU:
    R9 280X
    Sometimes getting black screen or driver crash while watching videos (youtube, twicth) on my 390x for all time i'm using it and generally im getting tired of it
    Like yours, It seems an AMD's major driver problems that will never be fixed
    sorry for english :)

Last edited: May 22, 2019

5. Seren

Seren Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix RX570
    I got this with my RX570 after updating to Windows v1903 though it's only happened once so far.

6. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Are cards overclocked? Could be unstable so drivers are crashing. Could be the specific game.

7. primetime^

primetime^ Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX580
    oh its fixed now......had to do a full driver uninstall and then ddu....before new driver install......really hadnt used ddu in long time but i guess it was needed in this one case....havent had a problem for long time now

Krteq and LocoDiceGR like this.