Vault of Fail #8

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by John, Sep 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tat3

Tat3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB GTX 1660 Ti OC
    I got "random" and "pants" correct :) Rest of those werent really wrong, but not just those expected answers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pwnage :)

[​IMG]

2. Leafblower

Leafblower Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 760 SLI
    That's a guy?

3. xtaz

xtaz Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 9800GTX+
    Nicolas Mahut. Yes it's a guy. Apparently it was meant as a "joke" he said.. lol

4. amakusashiro

amakusashiro Banned

GPU:
    two HD5770 in crossfire
    Sarah Palins hit list.
    [​IMG]

5. Dustpuppy

Dustpuppy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    integrated - fffffffuuuuu
    I have listened to both Glenn Beck and Sarah Palin explicitly denounce violence on multiple occasions.

It reminds me of this:
    "Qu'on me donne six lignes écrites de la main du plus honnête homme, j'y trouverai de quoi le faire pendre."

Last edited: Jan 9, 2011
  6. amakusashiro

amakusashiro Banned

GPU:
    two HD5770 in crossfire
    I don't listen to either of them. I could honestly care less wtf they have to say. I'm not dem or rep, and I do not get active in politics. I just came upon that list today, because a friend showed it to me since that one chick Representative Gifford and her crew got attacked today. Just seemed sadly ironic to me. No big deal, and life moves on, ect. We don't need to get into a political debate about what any given politician said or meant. This is not the place for it.

7. Renegade8100

Renegade8100 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    awe man that is ƒucked up. she was just shot in the head at point blank!

8. Dustpuppy

Dustpuppy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sorry I am not going to sit back and watch you demonize somebody. If you don't care wtf they have to say then don't post propaganda accusing them of saying or meaning something they didn't.

9. amakusashiro

amakusashiro Banned

GPU:
    two HD5770 in crossfire
    Dont put words in my mouth. I never said she specifically intended for anyone to go shoot the competition, or accused her or anyone else of the like. I simply stated what the pic was called, as it was shown to me. This thread is full of sarcastic, crazy, wild crap. You shouldn't take everything you see seriously. If you cant handle it, go browse other threads instead. This one seriously is not for you, and this is not up for debate. You want to debate crap, go jump on a political forum or wtf ever. Either way, end of discussion. Move on already, or you will just find yourself yapping to yourself meaninglessly.

10. Dustpuppy

Dustpuppy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    A picture's worth a thousand words, you put those words in your mouth when you posted that image in this climate. You have posted a picture that is/was created for propaganda and is being used as propaganda to demonize prominent political figures in a very charged climate. If you think that's not going to draw comments then you're nuts.

11. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    If someone has no sense of humour, then this thread isn't for them, slander is one thing, but that is nothing more than a joke.

12. amakusashiro

amakusashiro Banned

GPU:
    two HD5770 in crossfire
  13. PR-0927

PR-0927 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 680 SC+

Just FYI, the picture was created by Palin's campaign. It was just modified to mock it.

And while I abhor Sarah Palin and Glenn Beck (especially this *******) with every fiber of my body and feel that they are the sources for a lot of hate, fear-mongering, ignorance, intolerance, and trouble in the U.S., I agree with you that posting something of the sort (a political statement kind of image) will elicit responses, from different sides of the aisle.

But I do think you need to take it easy a bit. It's far from libel, and if you do look into current events, you will find that there have been a LOT of death threats and acts of violence against Democrats (including multiple against this woman) from Teabaggers, etc.

And while Glenn Beck and Palin don't explicitly condone violence, they both have done a sickeningly-good job at proliferating us-versus-them mindsets, with all kinds of rhetoric about America being a Christian nation, etc.

- PR-0927

Last edited: Jan 9, 2011
  14. Stukov

Stukov Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6970/4870X2 (both dead)
    I agree with you 100%, except in this thread. It's really the kind of satirical, often black humor type thread.

15. Dustpuppy

Dustpuppy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I am aware that Sarah Palin's campaign created the undoctored image; just as I am aware that people are lying to say that it is meant to encourage violence (which IS libel).

You don't see the irony here? We have a situation in which people are accusing Palin et al of hatespeech / encouraging divisiveness. Then saying that Palin et al are responsible indirectly (or directly amongst the bolder) of a violent killing spree.

Anyway It's looking like the representative is going to live so the image is wrong anyway :). Maybe if she recovers and runs for office again they'll keep re-electing her as a reminder to all the nutjobs out there that it doesn't work that way here.

/my last post on the issue in the fail thread, rest will be done with PM's

16. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti

Thats right... nothing at all...

Sarah Palin’s tweets have drawn controversy. Ms. Palin’s defiant “Don’t retreat. Instead — reload!” tweet came after the signing of the health care bill, which she opposed.

Palin: Fail. Enough political stupidity.

17. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Super Jetstream
    pedoboar D:

18. StoneyOC

StoneyOC Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780 SC
  19. Gromuhl'Djun

Gromuhl'Djun Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080ti
    Keep the political debate out of this thread guys. Please.

20. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    3 Arms WTF!!

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.