Vaping Gurus

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Repo Man, May 27, 2018.

1. JackSouzR

JackSouzR New Member

GPU:
    8 GB
    Yesterday, I saw at the news channel, that in USA around 500 people are dead from mystic illness with lungs. Doctors say that everything is to blame vapes. How do you think, is It true?

2. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    They may be connected to vaping, but that is NOT from vaping flavored nicotine liquid, manufactured in a lab and sold in a store! You can vape all kinds of substances and they may lead to illnesses, it is just that the verb vaping is applied to all, but means totally different things in the context of this conversation.

3. airbud7

airbud7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    This is crazy lawsuit country of the world I tell ya!

"A recently hospitalized Chicago teen is suing the makers of an e-cigarette he used as well as the place where he got it from...In a complaint filed on Friday, the civil suit names Juul Labs Inc., as well MFD Mobile, also known as The Gas Stop in Waukegan, for allegedly illegally selling nicotine-based products to 18-year-old Adam Hergenreder."

this dude lied about his age and he wants a pile of money for his own lie!

4. SweenJM

SweenJM Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 590 nitro
    I think that if you vape crazy strong salt nic until you get a buzz like 400 times a day, it will probably kill you. I think the problem is moderation, or lack there of. I am fairly certain that if you buy your juice from a reputable source (i like 100% VG myself), and don't sit and huff on the thing all day, everyday, and don't use super strong nicotine level.........it will be ok. Like anything, if you take it too far, it is bad for you.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2019

5. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1080Ti AMP
    tabacco companies getting scared I think. Their revenue is way down compared to what it was 5 years ago after the rise of vaping.

I heard or read somewhere that the deaths are from a bad batch of vape juice that "got out" into the stores. Though I have no links or sources to back this up so it could just be hearsay.

6. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    Not all cases have resulted from Juul style pods containing THC. Some have contained CBD or nicotine. But, as usual, the media isn't going to provide all of the facts. Given that only 1 study conducted in the US has been published and it's own authors have accused the New England Journal of Medicine of falsifying the contents of the report in their article, I wouldn't be surprised to find out that the tobacco companies are behind the misleading media reports that we're seeing.

At this point, the death rate among vapers in the UK suffering from similar "lung injuries", is reported as zero to my knowledge. The death rate resulting from stupidity, is a bit higher. Not sure the exact numbers though. It's hard to blame vaping for people being too stupid to adhere to safety guidelines. If you put a tank with a flush mount pin (such as a Kanger Subtank) on a mech mod, you kind of deserve to have it explode in your face.... I only mention that specific tank because the last report I saw of a device exploding, the idiot put a Kanger SubTank Mini on a mech mod and it exploded in his face.

Last count I saw was 450 reported cases of "lung injuries" resulting in 7 deaths.

The information I have, says that the states seeing these "lung injuries" have all banned flavored eliquids. The common factor in each case appears to be Juul style pods, filled with liquids from "other" sources. Juul does not manufacture their own products. The pods themselves are made and sold by a third party and are readily available as empty cartridges. This allows others to acquire the cartridges, fill them with whatever they desire, and sell them to Juul users.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
    CPC_RedDawn likes this.
  7. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    People have been vaping flavoured nicotine liquids for 10+ years without getting lung issues or dying, at all. Now all of a sudden there is spike in “vaping” related illness and deaths and all of them isolated in the US. If that alone is not suspicious to you, I don’t know what is. It is obvious that big tobacco and the government officials in their pockets are riding the wave to finally kill the vaping industry, that has been taking their customers away. I might even go and say, that this “epidemic” was created by BT, and as usual people’s health is the last of their concerns, but may be let’s not go all tin foil hat just yet…

CPC_RedDawn likes this.
  8. Coolerking

Coolerking Master Guru

GPU:
    XFXR9 Fury X H2O
    Aerosolized glycol and whatever else is in that crap is bad for you, no great mystery here.
    Put down the personal fog machine and live a long happy life.
    Its easy.

9. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    All the confirmed deaths were found to have "vaped" THC oil that contains extremely high levels of Vitamin E for whatever reason. I don't think all vapes are to blame.

drandiiski likes this.
  10. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Great contribution! Thank you! We needed someone to represent the
    Great contribution! Thank you! We needed someone to represent the average Joe, that does not think, does not care, but somehow still has an opinion...

Coolerking and CPC_RedDawn like this.

11. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Whatever "crap" there is in vape juice is far less crap than there is in tobacco for sure.

We lack trustworthy studies of long-term effects of vaping for sure, but common sense dictates it's a better alternative than smoking, by miles.

Yes, the best alternative is doing neither, obviously. Lungs are meant to process oxygen and nitrogen and nothing more.
    Still, does vaping induce any more toxins to lungs than your average city air is debatable at least.

CPC_RedDawn and drandiiski like this.
  12. Coolerking

Coolerking Master Guru

GPU:
    XFXR9 Fury X H2O
    Not true, I care very much for all, and I am most definitely an above average Joe

13. Strijker

Strijker Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56
    Vaped for at least 3 years. Just for 'trying' I now have quit vaping for 2 months. Not with a good reason but just to see if I like it / if I can do it.
    Or if there is a reason I don't want to be addicted to Nicotine and it's a vasoconstrictor (bad for blood circulation in the extremes).
    And without nicotine it's like coca cola light but even worse.

Must say it's really easy quitting it's not like quitting smoking where you get crazy carvings for cigarettes.
    You do feel a bit tired the first few weeks and I gained some weight (few kilo's but I can use a few more). Nicotine makes you eat less, it suppresses the hungry feeling feelings a bit.

But don't experience any redrawal symptoms.
    Only the feeling sometimes, for example in the morning when you drink some coffee or when you drink some beers that you miss something.

But it's not that you feel that much better or have more air.
    I do notice my blood cirulation is a bit better though, less cold hands/fingers/feet.

Lets see how long I quit but was a happy vaper and it got me off using cigarettes.

Sure annoying how vaping doesn't get any positive reporting in the media...

So they want to ban flavoring (without any proof yet that regular e liquids are not safe!!) why not ban flavored beers, 300.000 ppl dying from alcohol in Europe/year!
    What about those gun deaths each year in the US and still allow them to be bought!?
    Yea ban flavored e-liquid, what a joke!

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
  14. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    Not all of those suffering from "lung injuries" have admitted to such. However, it's known that a large portion of those people acquired Juul style pods from 3rd parties unrelated to Juul. It's also know that a large portion of those users acquired Juul style pods containing THC, CBD or an alternative liquid containing nicotine. One of those suffers has actually admitted to acquiring his Juul style pods from a drug dealer.... He has filed a lawsuit against Juul and MFD Mobile, blaming them for his health problems, though he's been illegally obtaining Juul style pods containing THC for a large portion of his claimed 18 months worth of vaping. He also claims that Juul has been intentionally marketing directly to kids.

Now, Juul is a company I personally wish would go belly up. Their liquids contain Benzoic acid. Some of the symptoms that these people suffering from "lung injuries" are reporting are in line with the side effects of benzoic acid exposure. Juul, being owned by Big Tobacco, obviously, can't avoid throwing something toxic into their product. That seems to be the way of Big Tobacco. If you want to destroy an industry, it's easier to do it from the inside with toxic products....

Any reason to quit vaping, is a good enough reason....unless it's to start smoking tobacco products.

15. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I was pretty impressed by what one of my local vape shops Emailed me, fair play they got their profit margins in mind but regardless...

Dear Valued Customer

As you may be aware there has been a lot of media coverage recently concerning the reported deaths of US citizens linked to and purportedly caused by vaping.

As a responsible and trusted retailer of vaping products Sparks e-cigarettes feel it's important to you for us to shed some light on these unfortunate incidents and hopefully alleviate any concerns you may have about vaping.

Firstly and this is the simple truth, most if not all of these cases were the result of people vaping street quality THC (Cannabis) cartridges containing low grade vitamin E oil which can lead to respiratory issues.

A quote from Martin Dockrell, Head of Tobacco Control at Public Health England:

"A full investigation is not yet available but we've heard reports that most of these cases were linked to people using illicit vaping fluid bought on the streets or homemade, some containing cannabis products, like THC, or synthetic cannabinoids, like Spice.

"Unlike the US, all e-cigarette products in the UK are tightly regulated for quality and safety by the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency and they operate the Yellow Card Scheme, encouraging vapers to report any bad experiences."

Further to this as has been pointed out above the US regulations regarding vaping e-liquids is much lower than here in the UK. However there has been no or very few reports of any illnesses from vaping normal e-liquids in the US.

By contrast UK e-liquid products are tightly regulated and tested to be the highest quality. For instance our own range of ignite liquids are made in the UK under the rigorous ISO 9001 accredited quality systems.

In the UK, Public Health England's advice remains that e-cigarettes are "a fraction of the risk of smoking".

The government agency reminds vapers "to use UK-regulated e-liquids and never risk vaping home-made or illicit e-liquids or adding substances, any of which could be harmful."

UK regulated e-liquids are not to be confused with the substances linked to the incidents in the US.

So in short if you buy UK regulated e-liquids from a reputable supplier you have very little to worry about.

We hope this helps

From the team at Sparks e-cigarettes

India is at it now.

No one seems to be calling for the ban of cigarettes though... you know those things that cause millions of painful deaths all over the world and put a large strain on the healthcare systems but whatever... oh yea! can't lose that tax money!

Hard to trust any goverment that on one hand tells us that smoking is bad and you should quit but at the same time allows the sale of the poison that kills us in fear of losing money.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
    AsiJu likes this.

16. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Funny how the country most active in publishing these anti-vape "researchs" is also the country that doesn't regulate e-liquids... go figure.

Do people really find it shocking that using anything other than proper e-liquids causes problems?

I tried to vape motor oil and now have a bad cough, I'm completely at awe and angry.

Btw about those incidents with exploding devices; I guess these home-brewers don't pay much attention to the fact, either, that e-liquids should be electrically non-conductive.

Otherwise you'll create a nice short circuit from the get go.

While vaping motor oil I also tried to clean my car battery by pouring water on it. Now I'm really angry!

17. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti

The only problem I see, is that vaping motor oil apparently causes memory loss. You forgot to add the baking soda to the water.

AsiJu likes this.
  18. airbud7

airbud7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    Keyword: Allow
    No government is gonna tell me what I can and cannot do to myself....

I hear they're wanting to ban a double cheeseburger!......Kills a lot of people I hear?

Google: "smoking versus obesity" .....you will be shocked.

[​IMG]

The study reveals that obesity is linked to very high rates of chronic illnesses — higher than living in poverty, and much higher than smoking or drinking.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
  19. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    "Big Tobacco" funds the "anti-vaping" research while also paying off politicians, the FDA and other agencies to look the other way.

Cigarettes in the US contain upwards of 10,000 different chemicals. Most of those chemicals are known to be toxic. Among those chemicals is Arsenic, which is commonly used as a rodent poison. Cigarettes in the US also contain diacetyl, which is known to cause "popcorn lung" when inhaled in large quantities (in powdered form). Diacetyl is used to create the butter flavor in microwavable popcorn. Conveniently, the only instances of "popcorn lung" are in relation to an incident at a popcorn factory where workers exposed to diacetyl inhaled large quantities (in powdered form) resulting in such condition (actually called brochiolitis obliterans, and pre-dates the term "popcorn lung"). Hense the name "popcorn lung".... Cigarettes in the US contained upwards of 750 times the amount of diacetyl compared to any e-liquid making use of the same chemical. Last check, the CDC only showed 8 documented cases of "popcorn lung" in the US, contrary to the claims of "Big Tobacco" who insists that "hundreds of deaths" from "popcorn lung" have occurred. The American Lung Association has a rather funny (by that, I mean it's laughably wrong and incredibly misguided, while lacking real facts) article on the subject. They claim that e-liquids contain Acetoin (which has been actively added to cigarettes in the US since 1994) and 2,3 Pentanedione (commonly called diacetyl....but I guess the American Lung Association couldn't be bothered with doing actual research). Of course, at no point in the article does the American Lung Association ever seem to acknowledge that cigarettes contain the same chemicals.....nor any of the thousands of other known toxins.

This is a problem with doing research in the US. The American Lung Association is a medical research group specializing in medical conditions affecting the lungs. They knowingly published an article on their own site that is devoid of actual facts and instead employs scare tactics. By the time their article was published, diacetyl had been removed from every e-liquid produced by a reputable company. In fact, all they found in their testing was trace amounts (micrograms) of the chemicals to begin with. The American Lung Association references a study done by Harvard in their article, however, they fail to mention that the study conducted by Harvard was partially funded by..... "Big Tobacco"....

No study conducted in the US, in regards to vaping, is done without funding from "Big Tobacco", which means that no fact based study in the US will ever be conducted or published....

My favorite part of the American Lung Association article....and the most ironic....
    I wonder when they're going to do the same for cigarettes.....since the chemicals the ALA mentions in their article were removed from e-liquids before the Harvard study was even conducted, but persist in considerably larger doses in cigarettes.... Conveniently, the American Lung Association benefits from the inhalation of toxins that cause lung damage as without such toxins, their funding would reduce and so would the pay of researchers and administrative staff involved with the ALA.... As long as medical research is a "for profit" endeavor, the flow of facts will be based on the best interest of researchers, administrative staff and medical personnel who benefit from poor health.

AsiJu likes this.
  20. airbud7

airbud7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    So does a "Double Whopper with Cheese"

[​IMG]

everything we love is bad for us......it just ain't I tell ya!.......:p