1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vaping Gurus

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Repo Man, May 27, 2018.

1. hacktrix2006

hacktrix2006 Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB
    @Repo Man just got my replacement Smok Mag and treated myself to the GeekVape Ageis Legend which right now i am using and loving.
    Using a Coil setup of 3x 7 wrapped 3.0mm 0.45 Kanthal A1 reading in at 0.29ohm's in my Vandy Vape Tripple it vapes like a dream, just upgraded the firmware from V1.0 0441 to V1.2 0710.
    Its making clouds for sure right now, and the leather is a nice feel to it as well. Thanks for pointing it out bud.

Repo Man likes this.
  2. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    No worries, glad you like it. I've had mine in heavy use for a few days now and I've really grown to like it too, I got the light snakeskin pattern on mine which looks a whole ton of sexy to me. I know I gave the mod a bit of stick for its battery management but since I updated the firmware my batteries last as long as they did on the Minikin V2. I get an easy 24hrs of use from this on a normal day. Cracking mod.

hacktrix2006 likes this.
  3. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 470
    I just downgraded to a Joyetech Exceed 19....lol

airbud7 likes this.
  4. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Sorry mate, but you haven’t done your job. The only thing you did, was to show how uneducated you are on the topic (and the English language). Doesn’t matter if you’ve tried it or not, if you still don’t know the difference between smoke and vapor, there is really no base for an argument. Also you should have started by reading the OP, where you are politely asked to contain yourself from such posts, but maybe you were too busy spamming the forums…

Repo Man and AsiJu like this.

5. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Why bother reading what someone else has written when you can write a bunch of crap yourself instead.

Beauty of internet forums since forever.

PS: I didn't read your post :D
    (j/k)

Repo Man likes this.
  6. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    So, a new device from Dovpo and TVC is coming out soon and I must say, I’m very interested in it. I never use RDAs, because I just can’t deal with dripping all the time, I need a RTA, so I can fill it, use it for hours, or days, put it in my pocket and so on. So squonking is the way to go, if you want a RDA, but you don’t like dripping. OK, but I feel, from what I’ve seen, that it is a messy deal. And that’s where this Topside device comes in. It is just as easy to refill, as a tank – unscrew, fill, screw back and you are good to go! Genius! Now I’m thinking I can finally get a RDA, something single coil, like the Drop Solo, or Recurve. What do you guys think about this new device?

Update on the liquids side – I finally found a liquid I can call “all-day-vape”. It is a locally made one, so it is cheap and the flavor profile is very simple, but I think that is a pro. It is just a vanilla crème, it goes well will everything and can be used as a base to mix with other flavors if I feel like it. I have smashed almost three 60ml bottles with the Intake RTA and I’m not bored by it at all!

The other liquid I found and would love to recommend to you all, is the Five Pawns Symmetry Six. This .. this is something else! I’m using as a MTL vape with the Skyline RTA and the flavor is just amazing. It is so rich and complex, both on inhale and exhale. I love the smell of the liquid so much, I could wear it as a perfume lol. If I put a drop on my hand it smells amazing for hours and even changes a bit, from bakery to nutty. Again highly recommend it, but more for MTL as it is a 50VG/50PG blend.

7. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Was in the corner shop this morning buying milk and the geezer at the till was having struggles with his till so while I waited for him to sort his life out I took a gander at the tobacco prices. A 30g pouch of Amberleaf which I used to smoke is now 15 quid! Decided to do some quick math when I got back home and if me and the missus still smoked it would cost us around 360 quid each month whereas our combined eliquid costs are around 105 quid. So glad I don't smoke anymore.

airbud7, AsiJu and drandiiski like this.
  8. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    New year, new tricks! Anyone got anything new lately ?

I was on the market for a new dripper myself, I wanted something like the Drop which was my main dripper for a long time so either a 2nd Drop or the Drop Dead ( a combination of the Drop and Dead Rabbit RDA's for those of you not in the know ). Popped into the local vape shop and sure enough they had the Drop Dead so bought it and my god! I didn't think after the Goon 1.5, Bonza and Drop, there would be much of a step up but this thing is just amazing for flavour and smooth airflow. I wish I could justify buying a 2nd Drop Dead now, its that damn good! One of the reasons I wanted either of the afore mentioned drippers was because of a little notch on the deck that lines up with the barrel as that locks the barrel in place making it easier to unscrew from your mod. I love the Bonza but that thing can be such a pain in the ass to unscrew sometimes if its in a bit too tight, I've actually managed to mangle builds or burn my fingers a bit when I've had to take the barrel off just to get a good grip on the deck as otherwise the barrel would just keep spinning when trying to unscrew it, something that isn't a problem with the Drop and Drop Dead.

I also ordered some new cotton and wire recently. I've always used Cotton Bacon V2 and Cotton Bacon Prime as of late and as for wire I've always stuck with Stainless Steel 316L but thought I'd try Kendo Gold Cotton as its meant to be the tits and for wire I decided to go with Ni80 as its supposed to give slightly higher resistances over SS316L but I've had some growing pains with both.

With the Kendo, I was initially struggling to get it to wick to a point that I had to hit google and see if I got a dud batch or something. The liquid just sort of dribbled over the cotton and not a lot was being absorbed which seemed odd as its supposed to be one of the superior cottons out there. A quick google revealed that with Kendo you don't need to scottish roll your wicks necessarily and also to get it to wick you need to agitate the wicks with your tweezers or a screwdriver by poking it a bit to get the absorption going. Who woulda thunk it !?

As for the Ni80 wire, its gonna take a few builds to get used to it I think but I'll probably order SS again next time I need some wire. The resistances are indeed a bit higher which is what I was after, flavour is pretty clean too which is nice. Working with it is easy as when you wind your coil it kinda tends to stay in that shape and doesn't go springing out out of shape or anything but then we get the "but's". The wire isn't very forgiving for adjustments once your coils are installed. If you get your coil a tiny bit wonky, it tends to stay in that position regardless of the amount of abuse you give it when you adjust it after installation whereas I always felt SS was more forgiving or malleable if you will. Also getting rid of hot spots can be a pain in the ass. I just installed a 6 wrap build for my Drop Dead, I generally stick to 5 wraps but fancied a change and I found I had to drive a fair bit of power into the coil to get it to heat up enough to sort out the hot spots which in return scorched the wire slightly and now I get a burnt metal taste. I've had that happen in the past where I've dry burned my coils a bit too heavily and found the burnt taste goes after a while of use but if not, looks like its gonna be a rebuild again later tonight.

"But Repo! why try something else if what you got and know works?" I hear you say ?... well wheres the fun in that ? :p

You live and learn... and vape!

9. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Happy new year to too you fellow vaping gurus!

I also did get a new RDA, my first proper one, the Bonza 1.5 as part of the Bonza mech kit. I’m impressed at how smooth it actually is. Was expecting it to be too hot for me with builds at 0.15 or lower, but it isn’t. The airflow is super smooth and has better adjustment than the original, and also has that notch on the top cap that allows for fine tuning it and for easy unscrewing, because it locks.

Using Ni80 coils as well, because the pre-made ones that came with the Serpent SSM RTA, were so good, I decided to give that type of wire a try, given that I also use SS316L by default. I got some Wotofo 0.26 claptons and they came at 0.15 dual on the Bonza. They ramp up super quick and the flavor is great. The only thing is that they tend to crackle a lot when they are cold, so the first hit usually sounds like mini fireworks to the point of pushing a drop of liquid out of the air flows lol. But maybe it can be improved with better wicking. I’m still using just the standard Muji pads and always try to have the cotton firm into the coils and then brush it nicely on the sides.

The other thing I treated myself with, is the Serpent Elevate RTA. It is just a super nice RTA to have on a small mod on the go. That top airflow is butter smooth and of course leak proof. The capacity of 3.5ml is very good for such a compact atty (5ml with the bubble glass), it is super easy to build and wick and the small chamber it has, offers great flavor without the need for a lot of power.

One happy vaper here!

Last edited: Jan 8, 2019
    Repo Man likes this.
  10. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Yea sounds like too little or possibly too much wick, both can result in a lot of popping. My Drop is currently crackling but the bonza and drop dead are both smooth as you like, may try and stick 3mm diameter coils in the Drop to see if it settles things a bit.

drandiiski likes this.

11. DerSchniffles

DerSchniffles Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1080ti
    I just picked up a MVP4 mod and a VooPoo tf2 tank and so far I love it. The mod has a built in 4500mah battery and it easily lasts me all day. Best combo I've ever had tbh. Anyone try out mesh coils? I found the flavor to be better but the claims of longer lasting seem to elude me lol. Maybe it's the flavors I chose. Happy vaping gurus.

12. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Yea its probably down to your liquid as I've heard a lot of the new mesh coils are meant to last for weeks. It can be a lengthy quest to try and find liquids with good flavour and which don't wreck your coils.

13. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 470
    Coil life in general can be greatly affected by the eliquid you use. A lot of "premium" eliquids are flavored using sugar. These eliquids greatly reduce coil life because the sugar caramelizes on the coil. Acidic eliquids can also reduce coil life for some reason.

I use a Smok TFV12 Prince Baby with the mesh coils. Depending on the eliquid, I can get 3-21 days out of a single coil. I also use a Joyetech Exceed 19....and it can go 7-14 days on the eliquids I usually use.