Vaping Gurus

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Repo Man, May 27, 2018.

1. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    So the Intake finally shipped, but that means another two weeks of waiting..

In the meantime the EHpro Armor Prime mod arrived and I have been enjoying it for a couple of days. They call it a mechanical mod, but it isn’t really. There is a chip inside, but only for your protection and battery level indication, otherwise it works as a mech. It is strange but kinda cool device, because it feels like the heavy industrial mechs, but at the same time you don’t fear it exploding lol. Here is a picture of it with the Ares and a better picture of the Pico 25 + Skyline RTA, because the previous one was horrible.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Kinda like the look of that Armor, another one that looks alright is the Uwell Nunchuck but I think thats a built in battery whereas I'm guessing the Armor is an 18650 or 20700 ?

I'm eyeing up the EHPRO Billow X RTA now, I like the OBS Engine 2 and I've nailed the build on it but... The frickin missus is using it! Long story made even longer, the other morning she was vaping away on this new liquid she was trying out and the coil on her Uwell Valyrian went and started tasting nasty and that was after 2 days of replacing, the liquid used a ton of some crappy sweetener that wrecked 2 of her coils and when the price of those is 2 coils for 9 quid I finally said sod it! and gave her the Engine 2 for now, saves my money a bit. I might just end up ordering another Engine 2 for myself.

3. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Yeah the Armor is 18650 and 20700, but unfortunately no 21700. I like the Nunchaku and it is 18650, but it is also double the price of the Armor for what is basically a small screen with a wattage adjustment. I’m liking the simplicity of the Armor, after spending so much time playing with different devices, temp control, wattage curves and what not. Battery life is great so far – I’m on my second tank right now and still into the green (70% or more) – that’s about 6-7ml at 1ohm on a VTC6.

That Billow X looks like a god match for it, but I’m more into single coil RTAs.

Good to hear that even though she is hogging your stuff, you are in agreement with the wife. My GF does not smoke or vape and doesn’t mind my vaping, but if I was still smoking, I’m sure we wouldn’t be together. Actually I turned to vaping when I met her, because smoking was an issue, at the time more for me, because I was aware what it is to be with a smoker when you are not. So vaping not only helped my health, but my relationship as well. Yay!

And about those coils - that’s what sucks most about those premade coils, that sometimes they can barely last two days with a sweet juice. And they cost a lot too. Yes they are convenient and from what I see on YouTube, the new trend with mesh is improving flavor and lifespan, but once you have learned to build, there’s almost no reason to use them again.

4. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Got myself Aspire Zelos + Aspire Nautilus 2 tank, to replace my old Endura T18.

Happy with it but the tank seems leak prone unless you refill / tighten in the exact correct way (shut air holes / turn upside down before tightening the cap).
    Bit of a shocker initially.

Repo Man likes this.

5. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I know what you're saying. I was there once too myself but trust me, filling it will soon become 2nd nature.

AsiJu likes this.
  6. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Thanks!

I did get a Melo 4 tank also as the clerk recommended it as an alternative as apparently some don't like the "tight" suction of the Nautilus.

However suction / feelingwise I do prefer the Nautilus.
    Purely from build perspective the Melo is better though, the quick refill hole in particular is smart as you needn't unscrew the cap / sleeve (and potentially loosen the atomizer while at it) every time to refill.

I refilled the Nautilus tank this Morning without turning it upside down while tightening (but did shut the air holes) and Gurgle McLeakerson returned immediately :D

But yeah, like you said needs getting used to.

PS: Both the Nautilus and Melo come with very low-ohm coils compared to the 1.5 ohm Endura used.
    I'm still using 12 mg liquid and the Nautilus 0.7 ohm with low wattage gives a pleasant experience.

However the Melo with its 0.3 ohm coil even with low wattage gives a pretty hefty shot :p
    I almost burned my throat with it!

(so next time will buy 6 mg liquid perhaps…)

7. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    You can also consider giving "sub-ohming" a go eventually which is basically inhaling the vape direct into your lungs thanks to a more open airflow ( explanation provided in the event that you're not well versed with the lingo ). The moment I wen't sub-ohm I never really looked back but having said that I do like the odd bit of mouth to lung vaping and always carry my Siren 2 ( and T18 ) with me which is also more discreet when out and about in town. Just do make sure you stick to 6 or 3mg nicotine strength liquid and preferably at least a 70vg/30pg mixture as a general guideline if you do try proper sub-ohming... I say that, I've had a 50/50 6mg liquid in my dripper and it was totally vapable, its just that the disinfectant type taste of the PG comes through pretty heavily in a dripper with certain liquids.

8. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Yes, sub-ohming at 12mg will be brutal. Personally I like both MTL and DL vaping. MTL when I’m on and about, especially around people, because I’m sick of explaining, or them complaining. Also less juice and battery consumption. With a good MTL RTA you are not losing flavor either. DL vaping is reserved for when I’m outdoors with friends, or just relaxing on the terrace. Doing it inside, especially in a not well ventilated place, results in it getting very cloudy and that leads to two tings – again people complaining and the other thing that bothers me, the vapor sticking to windows and other glass surfaces and making them dirtier, faster over time.

And just an idea – you can experiment with different nic percentages by mixing two liquids of the same type/flavor. For example 10ml of 18mg + 10ml of 0mg will result in 20ml of 9mg, to have a good middle point between 6 and 12. Just leave them to steep for a day or two and give them a few good shakes in the meantime.

9. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Yeh I could mix fluids of different strength too. Gonna try clean 6 mg though first, aiming to steadily lower nicotine content as well (went from 18 mg to 12 mg with the Endura already).

Again trying the Nautilus on. Managed a relatively leak free refill now without turning upside down.
    Maybe the seal ring of the coil leaks a bit, gonna try a replacement coil too.

Might be placebo but it feels as I need to refill both the Nautilus and the Melo more often than the Endura (same tank volume).

Do lower ohm coils consume more liquid? Suppose they evaporate the liquid more efficiently?

10. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Lower ohms in the coil basically means more power getting through the actual coil which in return will vaporise more liquid, thus resulting in a higher liquid consumption but more and potentially better vapour with slightly increased flavour and density.

11. MikeG

MikeG Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 2080 Ti
    Haven't had a cigarette in 20 or 30 years, I can't even remember which decade was the last time. Never smoked much before that either. So this is all a new interesting read for me.

12. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Bogan has reviewed the Intake RTA, seems to like it. Gonna keep an eye on some more reviews from the usual reviewers I follow and see what users say about it.

13. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    So the Intake finally arrived! First impressions are good. The reviews all mentioned that it has restricted air flow and that is the case. It is more than enough for me, because that’s how I usually vape, but I can enjoy it fully open and that’s not something I do with the Serpent SSM or the Engine Nano.

Surprisingly it did not come with any coils, so I had to use one of the Ni80 Aliens (or something) from Wotofo included with my SSMs. Lovely coils, but unfortunately wrapped the wrong way for the Intake. It was a bit hard to push the coil high enough from the airflow with the legs coming from the top, but I think it worked out in the end. Came to around 0.22 and that’s a bit low for me. Would have preferred something like a 0.3, but there was no space for an extra wrap.

Design wise I really like the look and function of the RTA. The fill method is good because it does not push liquid down when you close it, and it is only half turn to open/close. Comes with a standard back drip tip, but also with a low profile one, made from a very dark resin or something (not the blue one from the videos), that looks really cool under sunlight. Luckily the Intake logo is also black so you really can see it when the tank is full. My only gripe is that unpainted part on the bottom … drives me nuts. It does not look that bad on pictures when the tank is empty, but once filled it gets magnified. I think Bogan also mentioned it the review, so I should not act surprised.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Glad to hear you're liking it, Slightly tempted by the Intake myself but I really tend to prefer Dual Coil drippers and RTA's myself. If you're looking to get your resistance a bit higher, I would recommend this wire: https://www.wireandstuff.co.uk/prod...8-AWG-Wrap---5-Metre--15ft--1908.html#SID=185

I've had some good results with that and it vapes pretty good, a 5 wrap, 3mm ID dual coil setup in my Drop RDA comes in at around .20 Ohms and at 60 watts the flavours on point.

drandiiski likes this.
  15. allesclar

allesclar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    Like the smell of the odd vapour, especially the fruity ones.

16. SplashDown

SplashDown Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Classy
    Just picked up a Smok Mag 225w and a TFV12 Prince Tank and using the 0.15 ohm Mesh coils, awesome taste with the mesh ones you can drop the wattage a bit with some juices. Anyhow I came across these guys that do tricks with vaping I don't know if any of you have seen this before, but if not check out trust me it is cool as HELL .... I was like wow when I seen. Peace ... https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=vape+tricks

17. hacktrix2006

hacktrix2006 Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB
    Nice to see this thread. My name is William i have been smoke free for 4 years.

Started vaping when my friend noticed my health failing big time and spent 6 months drumming into me that vaping would help, since then my health has improved after all going from 40+ a day smoking to what i am on now with vaping which is 80/10 or 90/10 VG/PG mixes with no NIC at all unless flavour needs a boost (Yep i make flavours manually).

My first was a EVO-D pen which you spent more time replacing coils then vaping they was crap, so my friend sent me up a Tank and a Sigelei 100w mod this was my first step into my addicting of vaping stuff.

I now use several tanks and several mods

Tanks:

Vandy Vape Tripple RTA (my favourite)
    Bellus (My first Tank purchase and first love)
    iJoy Tornado
    Alliance V2+ Dripper (Quite nice however still think its a 4+ ml tank so it leaks)
    Griffin 24+
    TFV12 Cloud Beast King RBA
    Wotofo Conqueror (Bought 2 of these bad boys mostly metal little glass ideal for going out in ruff terrain)

Mods:
    Smok Mag 225w (Now Reloading like a Muppet, changing MAG!)
    Smok G-Priv 220
    Predator 228 (Second one after first one decided to go nuts past the 10 second marker on its own)
    Wismec Reuleaux RX 2/3 ( After re-soldering the battery wire back due a QC issue has been working like a champ ever since)
    Sigelei 100w
    Sigelei 150w TC
    Sigelei 220 MT
    Geek Vape Ageis Legend 200w (+)

I use in all my self made coils which range between 0.25ohm or 0.5 ohm weather it be SS316L or Kanthal A1 either Cotton Bacon Prime or Yorkshire Fuzz (Just got to test and love it).

I don't see myself giving vaping up either. Apart from the PG issue its been all positive for me.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
    Repo Man likes this.
  18. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Dropped my trusty Minikin on Saturday at work for the first time and that was enough to kill it, pretty cross about it but it is what it is. Went out yesterday and bought a Geekvape Aegis Legend which is water proof, shock proof and dust proof. Nifty no-BS mod and its nice to be back on old fashioned button controls instead of some finnicky touchscreen nonsense. Batteries were draining quite fast initially but a firmware upgrade fixed that. Still, The battery management doesnt seem quite as good as on the minikin but on the flipside the aegis can still deliver a good vape even when the batteries are running low on power whereas the minikin would just throw low battery warnings at you and refuse to fire. This thing feels as if its built like a frikkin tank though so be interesting to see how long it lives.

If this video is anything to go by, then I should imagine it will be able to withstand a few knocks at least.

40+ per day ? Yikes! I was on 15-20 and that destroyed my lungs, wouldn't want to know what 40+ per day had felt like. Grats on 4 years smoke free!

Cool! Don't come across many people using the Triple, do you use it with triple coils or just dual or single ?

hacktrix2006 likes this.
  19. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    @hacktrix2006 nice to see that you did not get turned off by the crappy pen vape and persisted to find what works for you, instead of just going back to the smokes. Good job! By the looks of things you went all the way with mixing your own liquids and using advanced devices and atomizers. Keep on man!

@Repo Man good choice on the new device! Hope it serves you well and given how rugged it’s build, I would hope that knocking it off the table would be no problem at all :)

hacktrix2006 likes this.
  20. hacktrix2006

hacktrix2006 Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB
    @Repo Man

I use the tripple RTA with dual coils most times but when i feel crazy i use triple coils if amperage permits it i try to stay 5amps below the CDR of the batteries i am using. Although the Triple RTA can be a b1tch when it comes to wicking in terms of you think you have the perfect wick up till it either leaks or airlocks causing dry burns.

As for that device i think that would suit my friend that kills battery mods i am sure for the sake of it.

However i have now added it to my wishlist (see how much of an addict i am lol)

@drandiiski
    Yep homemade e-juices can be very nice there is one flavour i will not make anymore as i was getting people asking for it a lot. But other then that most are now just experiments. I nearly went back to smoking because of the e-pens but my friends helped making sure that didn't happen.

Its a lot safer then Zyban Anti-Smoking meds that is for sure (Worked by nearly killing me due to an allergic reaction)

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018