Vaping Gurus

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Repo Man, May 27, 2018.

1. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    We had a thread going about a year ago but it sort of went and died a slow death so decided to put up a fresh one so we can spread the gospel and talk vapes, the latest tech, tanks, drippers and liquids. Also if you're new to vaping please by all means feel free to ask for any tips about how to transition from the cancer sticks to a vape and I ( at least ) will try and help as much as I can. There is no stupid question on this thread.

All I will ask is that anyone participating will leave their anti-vaping nonsense to another thread unless a very well constructed argument against vaping. Theres plenty of proof out there now that shows vaping is a safer alternative to traditional smoking. If you prefer traditional smoking, then thats fine and heck I even invite you to share your tobacco stories to some degree but don't spoil the thread for those who prefer a vape instead.

Now then, on with the show...

Me I'm coming up to 2 years smoke free, started with a pen style kit with high nicotine cartridges but have slowly moved on to sub ohm vaping and rebuildables. Mainly vaping on RDA's at the moment as I love a good dripper, my current selection is a Tsunami 22, Goon 1.5, Vandy Vape Bonza and my current all day dripper, the Digiflavor Drop which I'm quite enjoying and a host of other tanks not currently seeing much of use. Having said that, I have just now ordered me an OBS Engine 2 rebuildable tank which is getting solid reviews around the scene and I like the look of the unconventional build deck so I'm looking forward to getting my hands on this come Wednesday. Also on the way is some 0.6mm SS316L wire for my simple coils and a spool of Juggernaut wire for the more complex stuff. My current mod is a Minikin V2 which tbh fills all my needs and the battery management is out of this world although I must confess I am eyeing up an Asmodus Lustro too.

So there you have it, a quick run down of my vape stuff, feel free to share yours, be it how you got off the cigs or what kit you using, what kit you eyeing on at the moment. Whats your all day vape... lets get it on!

airbud7 and AsiJu like this.
  2. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Same here – almost two years with no cigarettes whatsoever. Vaping helped instantly in my case. The moment I had that alternative I never craved a smoke again. Saying that because I know a lot of people that cannot transition like that for a variety of reasons, but I will still encourage them to try.

As for me, it has also turned into a bit of a hobby. The first months I was using some MTL tanks with pre made coils, but quickly got fed up with the inconsistency and price of said coils, so I got me some RTAs. I like having a tank that I can put in my pocket and not having to carry liquid around and drip. May be I’ll get a RDA at some point just see how it changes the experience.

At the moment my gear is - iJoy Capo 100 + Wotofo Serpent SMM RTA, Eleaf Pico 25 + ESG Skyline RTA, Sebone mech mod + another Serpent SMM RTA and I also have the Innokin Ares RTA that switch between the Capo and the Pico. The Skyline and the Ares and my MTL setups for when I do not want to blow clouds in peoples’ faces and the Serpent SSM RTAs and for my DL setups. Mostly I’m wrapping my own simple round wire coils with SS316L 26/28ga and using some Japanese organic cotton. I have some premade aliens and claptons, but they ohm out a bit too low for me. Still use them from time to time. I was also considering the Engine 2 RTA, but just yesterday Mikevapes uploaded a video of his new RTA and now I know what my next order will be. Single coil + top airflow that comes underneath the coil should be great.

As for liquids .. all of them lol. I cannot find one that I can vape all the time, so I buy small amounts of different flavors and switch them every week when I rewick. Mostly I use 6mg, but sometimes go lower.

Here are some pictures of the SMM on the Pico and the Sebone and also the Skyline RTA. Need to take some of the Capo and the other SSM, both in pretty rainbow colours:)

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

jaggerwild and AsiJu like this.
  3. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    That Sebone looks sexy but I can't trust myself with a mech even though I could build with it. My problem is that when I've had a few I like to get experimental with my builds and try something different and I could totally see me blowing my face off :p

The Pico looks cool too but it has one of my all time annoyances which is that little cap on the top of it. Makes it look like a hip flask and often it means you're limited to 22mm diameter attys, don't know if thats the case with the Pico though.

I've had exactly 1 analogue cig since I made the switch. It was Feb 2017 and my work mate had some red Marlboro's which he wasn't too keen on as its not his usual poison so on a bit of a whim I asked him if I could have 1. Red Marlboro's used to be all I smoked and I loved em so I lit it up to take a stroll down memory lane and oh boy... It was absolutely revolting and it made me feel ill. It was so disgusting that it put me off for life, never again ever!

4. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Yeah, got it only because it looks too cool, not that I need a mech. I always use the atty on a regulated device before putting it on the mech, and my builds are not dangerously low, so no worries. As for the Pico 25 ( and the Capo 100 too), I actually like the cap. This way the atty sits lower, making the device more pocketable. Both take up to 25mm and that’s plenty.

Took the picture of the Pico + Skyline before posting (shitty lighting). This combo has been my daily driver for almost a year now. It is small, battery life is great with a single 18650 Sony VTC6, using it at about 15W and that Syline RTA has the best flavor ever. Also it has juice flow control, so you can close it completely and throw it your pocket without ever worrying about leaking. Currently enjoying some MYLK banana in it :p

5. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Yea I got the Siren v2 myself for my mtl needs and that has never leaked on me but its currently gathering dust as I find the performance flavour-wise immensely inconsistent. Its probably down to my builds but the main issue is that I get really good flavour for a few drags and then the flavour just plummets almost as if its not wicking or something but its not dry hitting.

I'd like to try some Kendo gold cotton with it as I normally use cotton bacon but my usual stockist is out of stock on the Kendo.

6. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    No idea what might be causing that flavor issue. Compared to Kendo and the likes, I use the cheap LTQ stuff. Now I remember I ordered some Muji cotton that I totally forgot about. Need to do some test with it, now that I’m very accustomed my regular one.

Also here’s a picture of the Capo 100 + SMM ;)
    [​IMG]

7. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    I'm still using my Innokin Endura T18 that I started with 2 years ago.

Would actually need to replace it soon. What would you recommend as a "level up" from that?

I'm not interested in modding or anything, just good quality equipment.

The Endura uses 1.5 ohm coils btw and I use 12 or 18 mg liquid. So extrapolate from that if necessary :)

EDIT: not necessary to be pen-style device as in similar to Endura.

Last edited: May 29, 2018
  8. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    A fellow Souls fan and a vaper, nice! My recommendation for anyone wanting to transition to rebuildable tanks (RTA), would be the Innokin Ares RTA. It is very easy and forgiving, has great flavor, tight air flow for MTL, but can be opened up for a restricted lung hit, comes with everything you need to get started, and of course is designed by two great YouTube reviewers. You can throw it on any mod you like, as long as it can take 24mm atty. Looks good on the Pico and Capo pictured above.

AsiJu likes this.
  9. kanej2007

kanej2007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    I need some advice also, since I don't know anyone personally I thought to ask you gurus!

I own a high end Wismec Reaulex 300W mod with the Smok TF-V12 atomizer. Recently just upgraded my atomizer to the newer and better Smok TFV12 Prince.

Here is the issue. I've tried at least 50+ juices, brands such as Totally Wicked, Ruthless, Liquid State, Milkman, Dinner Lady, Loaded, Nasty, All In Wonder, etc.

As you will see , some of the above brands are premium and supposed to be among the best. I am yet to thoroughly enjoy any flavour. I feel the taste is fake, horrible exhale/inhale and after taste. The smell is amazing but taste? I am yet to find something that I can really enjoy.

I have tried vaping at 60w, 80, 100, 130, etc. Even tried different atomizers and coils, makes little to no difference.

Question is what juice actually tastes nice, like mind blowing fantastic kinda nice?? Please share.

Ps. The kinda flavours appealing would be strong green grape with a small hint of mint, Cinnamon/Apples/Muffin, creamy ice cream/milkshake kinda flavour.

I'm very difficult to impress but any brand that have the following above and is premium, the best of the best? I have no budget, just want the best, even if paying £10 for 10-20ml it's not an issue, just want the best juice money can buy without the fake/horrible taste.

10. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Well taste is very subjective and varying from person to person, so no real easy answer here…

My first suggestion would be to try the juices in a vape shop with (or buy) an RTA/RDA, because pre-made coils are usually lacking in this department. Another thing IMO is heat. Now that’s also personal, but for me at least the hotter the vape, the less I taste the flavor. Lastly, you are in the UK right? Do try these liquids - https://www.hitthatjuice.com/store/c2/E-LIQUIDS.html I haven’t tried them for myself, but all the reviews are praising them.

11. metagamer

metagamer Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit GameRock 2080
    Stick an RDA on that mod and you'll see a world of difference.

I have a few RDAs and the flavour is so much better than any tank. My favourite is the Drop, it's pretty much perfect. RDAs are also cheaper over time, you buy some wire for like £7 that will easily last you a year. You can make a lot of coils from that £7 spool. Also, you can use one coil for a month, no problem, when it gets a little bit gunked up, just dry burn it, rinse it under water and it's as good as new. I'm currently vaping on a 24g Ni80 flat wire dual coil setup, comes out at 0.14 Ohms.

Buy some cotton, I'm currently vaping the Wick 'n Vape Cotton Bacon Prime and for £6, you have enough cotton for 6 months if not more. It's a great cotton btw, if you guys haven't tried the Prime, it's amazing, it's dryer than the regular stuff and wicks really well.

It's a lot cheaper than buying coils for tanks that sometimes burn out after a day. With a nice RDA you'll get a super consistent vape, amazing flavour (much better than with a Prince or any other tank). It's a completely different game.

This has been my daily juice for a few months now, it's brilliantly priced and tastes great http://vapeaholic.co.uk/product/lemon-tart/ Worth giving it a try.

12. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    Most of those "premium" juices contain sugar. Sugar is bad for a pre-built coil. Usually after 1-2 tanks, the sugar starts to caramelize on the coil windings resulting in poor flavor. Every "premium" e-liquid I've tried has had this issue. The absolute worst I've seen is actually from RIP Trippers called "Transmission" from his "The Merge" line. I was going through 2-3 coils a week.

If you're going to use these "premium" e-liquids, your best option is an RDA. The reasons were actually covered by metagamer already....lol

Generally, "super tanks" don't do so good for flavor. Something like the Smok TFV12 Baby Prince would be considerably better for flavor.

That would depend on your location and availability of products. Generally, I recommend the Spirals tank from Smoktech as the next step up from something like an Endura T18. However, if you're not scared to venture into the world of rebuildables, the Innokin Ares RTA is a good option. The Wotofo Serpent SMM would be my next recommendation for a rebuildable though it's nowhere near as restricted as the Ares RTA is.

AsiJu likes this.
  13. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I still got an Endura T18 in my bag as a backup and the missus still uses the T22 as an out and about mod so nothing at all wrong with those but if you fancy something a bit more up to date then the Aspire Zelos kit has been quite popular as it comes with the Nautilus 2 tank thats supposed to have really good flavour but some people say it can be a bit finnicky sometimes as in occasional leaking and the cap can get stuck. Another device that gets a a lot of good press is the JacVapour S22 I think it was called. If you're not allergic to the thought of making your own coils, then a rebuildable tank such as the Ares, Siren V2 or the Vandy Vape Berserker Mini would be great choices coupled with a cheap and cheerful mod of your choice.

Check out the Zeus Juice range, my favourites from theirs have been Dodoberry, The Black ( personal favourite ) The Black Reloaded ( a bit more suitable for a dripper but works in a tank too ) and Atlantis. Just make sure to get the "high VG" versions of the liquids and not the 50/50's.

Smok products can be a bit hit & miss, I had a TFV8 Big Baby and the flavour was ok but the coil life was abysmal and Smok coils are generally considered pretty mediocre at best. If you fancy a decent stock coil tank then consider trying out the Uwell Valyrian. My missus has one of those and she gets over a months of use from a coil with the right liquids. Another alternative if you don't want to buy a new tank is to get the rebuildable RBA head for the prince and make your own coils but again this is down to whether or not your allergic to the idea of building your own coils and personally I would just get a proper rebuildable tank over an RBA.

Another liquid brand to consider is Rejuiced liquids ( https://rejuiced.com/eLiquids ). Some of them can be a bit lacking but their Big Mama's Milk for example is a really nice Strawberry and Cream flavour. Raspberry Rasputin is really good too as I recently discovered and best of all they are really affordable.

AsiJu likes this.
  14. AntiSnipe

AntiSnipe Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 3G
  15. kanej2007

kanej2007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    ^ Thanks for the above. I will definitely check out some other premium flavours. With regards to RDA coils, my atomizer does come with one including the cotton.

@metagamer, what RDA mod would you recommend? I'm a noob when it comes to making one, any you can suggest that are easy to assemble or pre-assembled?

16. Clawedge

Clawedge Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 570
    hi guys, i just wanted to ask as to how vaping affected your health?

i men that going from Carbon dioxide and carbon monoxide smoke to vapor must have had an effect.

Was there a change in breathing? did you feel more or less different after going to vaping?

17. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    The effect on everyone is a little different.... That said...

For me, the flavor of food changed a bit. Some foods have more flavor now. I can generally breath a little better. I generally don't have as much energy though. I also tend to need to drink a lot more frequently.

Clawedge likes this.
  18. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    From what I’ve seen on Youtube reviews, the Recurve, the Drop and the Dead Rabbit (and maybe the upcoming Drop Dead) would be your best choices for a first RDA.

19. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Definitely! I can tell especially when doing sports breathing is easier now.

I guess tar is a big factor here when you switch from smoking to vaping.

Clawedge likes this.
  20. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1070 GamingX
    Very good overall. One of the first two benefits was shin-splints and back-pain going. Being able to play footy with my young boys has been a great positive. I also came 3rd in the "Dads sprint" at my son's sports day. Sense of taste and smell is a lot better now.

The negatives, well, after about 6 months of vaping I started getting dermatitis on the back of my neck, under my left armpit and top of thighs. I was also getting some intense itching on my legs, arms and back. My doc initially diagnosed it as ringworm, but, later it was just dermatitis. I have to use Selsun shampoo occasionally, along with Daktacort and doublebase creams all the time. From what I've read in vaper forums, it's something to do with a reaction to the PG.

Mouth ulcers has been an on-going problem as well. Need to top-up vitamin C in-take to counter this.

I enjoy vaping, but, I know for me it will be a short-term solution, especially as I can't keep using steroid cream. Anyone have a similar experience?

airbud7 and Clawedge like this.