Vampyr

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 8, 2017.

1. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Nope.
    That game is fantastic.

:D

2. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    The stuttering is a lot worse with the unlocked frame-rate. Damn Unreal Engine..

3. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    There's a command for defining the framerate cap but can't remember it out of the blue.

You could cap with RTSS to your desired value after removing the 62 fps cap.
    Unlocked will likely have frame pacing issues.

4. darrensimmons

darrensimmons Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX4090AMPEXT
    Oh God I'm pretty forgiving of games but the combat in this is woeful. Such a shame as I love the rest of it but to me I just can't get past it. Played for nearly 3 hours before giving up on it so no refund for me :(

5. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Finally got around to actually playing, played about 2 hrs. So far I've really liked the game!

Combat is quite similar to Souls actually mechanicswise. Easier ofc.
    Or Bloodborne as in you have a melee and "off-hand" weapon which is a stake or a firearm for example.
    You can't block (at least initially) but dodge / sidestep.
    I'm willing to bet you can unlock an ability to parry / stagger an enemy if you hit them with your off-hand weapon at just the right time ;)

Controls / response seem allright, movement is a bit wonky and Jonathan runs like a dwarf on crack but I suppose turning into a vampire can shock you a little bit.

World seems nicely exploreable and dialogue is, well… functional. Perhaps later game will have more meaningful discussions, so far it's been "have you seen this man" type of thing.

No issues at all, defaults to maxed out settings and runs smooth.

Game looks pretty good I think. Not groundbreaking but as you'd expect from an UE4 title (though games like Hellblade are graphically better).
    Facial animation is atrocious but if the devs really wanted to ape Deus Ex in dialogue then they nailed it!

6. Guru01

Guru01 Master Guru

GPU:
    nVIDIA RTX 2080
    Does anybody know what that "Resolution Scaling" setting is in Vampyr? Does it sharpen the game or try to match the resolution with your monitor? I know i'm running the game at 1080P, but can't remember what that "Resolution Scaling" setting was for. Another thing, does it have any performance hits?

7. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Resolution scaling is exactly what it says... resolution scaling. A resolution scale of 110 % increases your native res by 10%.

It has a higher performance hit than any other setting.

Guru01 likes this.
  8. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    ARMA 2 was the first game to have resolution scaling that i can recall, and yea if you wanted to kill your fps that was the setting to do it.

Now we got DSR and etc i really do not see the need for a games own scaling solution.

Hitman between one of the updates somehow put RS at a ridiculous setting by itself, and i had a hell of time figuring out how my 60 fps game was suddenly running at 20 fps.

9. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    As said it affects the internal rendering resolution which is then either upscaled or downscaled to your output resolution depending on scale value (higher or lower than 1 or 100 %).

Using a value higher than 1 or 100 % will use a larger resolution for rendering than output and increase detail and especially antialiasing as it's practically the same as SSAA (supersampling).

Vampyr seems to have values up to 100 % though so you could turn this to a lower setting if you want to keep your native output resolution but increase Performance.

Rendering at resolution lower than output will create a blurry image though and lose detail a lot.

Guru01 likes this.
  10. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    I find that resolution scale usually works better through the game engine, rather than driver :)

11. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    UE4 seems to have a standard preset of resolution scale of not allowing below 0.7. Same with pubg. Have to set it by ini which is irritating

12. Slam

Slam Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070 XC
    I'm really enjoying this game. Great story. Good visuals. Good combat.

13. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    I would give good money for Vampire the masquerade Bloodlines, to be remade and updated for modern hardware.

Slam likes this.
  14. Slam

Slam Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070 XC
    Great game for its time. I enjoyed it when it was released. But it doesn't have any replay value today, imo.

I tried to play through it again a few months back for some nostalgia. Not enjoyable.

That said, I totally agree. Would love to see an updated version of it.

15. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Me too. Liked it initially and even more now the game's getting properly going!

Combat is actually surprisingly good once you get to grips with it.

16. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Does this game have bugs? Should i start or wait for some updates?

17. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I am getting bad performance, it's like a delayed stutter when looking around, it's hard to explain... I'm going to wait for new drivers that support it properly and hopefully for it to get updated.

LocoDiceGR likes this.
  18. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    No, its fine. Game issnt demanding in the 1st place like already stated before..and no bugs.

19. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    Eh i replay bloodliines every couple years, usually try a different mod each play through. Love that game.

There was a unreal or maybe it was source engine remake being done at one point it was even listed on steam as a thing, but for some reason it got nuked.

20. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    Bloodlines had tons of bugs.. the combat was mediocre at best. and the game for me is still a 10\10
    because of its other qualities.

for me Vampyr is only similar to Bloodlines in its so-so combat\movement. i also have some minor
    sound issues, but.. im happy i followed it and its a really good game so far. around 8-8.5 hours in it
    and its worth my time and money.

its not Bloodlines, but if you like interesting campaigns i recommend the game. great atmosphere.
    an easy 8\10 for me.

wish i could :) played hundreds of hours on it.. feels burnt-out for me ;/
    amazing game.